Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they were to redo this ride, I'd want:
- An entirely new, enclosed queue, themed to a movie studio ala RNRC. Right now, I'd go as far as to say it has the worst queue across Universal AND Disney.
- An updated music track, that focuses more on music relating to attractions/properties from the resort, as to make it more timeless. You could include some modern music like "Happy" for Despicable Me, and any music relating to F&F, but also seeing iconic film score from Jurassic Park/Jaws/E.T./etc., and even music from Nintendo games.
- A new color scheme to the track that's less jarring, something light blue or silver could work.
- A new track layout that isn't as prone to breakdown and is more comfortable.
...I'm literally just asking for a new coaster in its place, basically. I think there's a place for a big exposed steel coaster at USF, even one with a music theme, but it needs to be redone to be improved.

...So you want a Hollywood Dream?

Honestly, I can see this happening (if they ever do a large scale revamp).

• Hulk level revamp, with new gen versions of the X-Car ride system
  • Redone queue, addressing on safety for the sake of lockers (Similar to what was done for Hulk)
  • New aesthetic, similar to DWT in Hollywood
  • Revamped soundtrack, featuring modern and classical tracks
  • New method for making song choices for the ride vehicles, similar to the Test Track 2.0 style of creating vehicles but in almost of a mix-tape of songs
  • All of the new tracks are by the material used all around Universal Orlando Resort, including tracks from the Harry Potter franchise and various Nintendo titles
  • New elements of theming for the attraction, more specifically for the lift.

Last edited:
...So you want a Hollywood Dream?

Honestly, I can see this happening (if they ever do a large scale revamp).

• Hulk level revamp, with new gen versions of the X-Car ride system
  • Redone queue, addressing on safety for the sake of lockers (Similar to what was done for Hulk)
  • New aesthetic, similar to DWT in Hollywood
  • Revamped soundtrack, featuring modern and classical tracks
  • New method for making song choices for the ride vehicles, similar to the Test Track 2.0 style of creating vehicles but in almost of a mix-tape of songs
  • All of the new tracks are by the material used all around Universal Orlando Resort, including tracks from the Harry Potter franchise and various Nintendo titles
  • New elements of theming for the attraction, more specifically for the lift.
I like all of these ideas..I can't imagine Universal is happy with how the coaster turned out..

I wonder how a virtual queue would work with this

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I like all of these ideas..I can't imagine Universal is happy with how the coaster turned out..

I wonder how a virtual queue would work with this

If they do VQ going forward, the best solution would be a system that is similar to Supercharged, of three distinct queues. Single Rider, General, and one that is for Express and those who use the Ticketing system.

You know, a giant Hollywood sign alongside a large amount of rockwork/scaffolding would be an amazing backdrop to Production Central/Hollywood areas, especially with a coaster zipping in and out of it. Plus it could hide the soundstages/IOA and make the overall area feel more secluded. But... that's never going to happen, LOL.

You know, a giant Hollywood sign alongside a large amount of rockwork/scaffolding would be an amazing backdrop to Production Central/Hollywood areas, especially with a coaster zipping in and out of it. Plus it could hide the soundstages/IOA and make the overall area feel more secluded. But... that's never going to happen, LOL.
Nope. They went cheap and never looked back...

And now we have this piece of garbage that could've been so much more...

To be fair this was designed in the pre-potter era where management feared that Potter would sabotage USF’s attendance.

Now, if they were to have done this today, it will be highly disappointing.
True...they were a company on the verge of disaster and if not for Potter, in sure Universal would look completely different today.

Still, for $40 million, this was quite a disaster of an attraction.

Reactions: tankart150
True...they were a company on the verge of disaster and if not for Potter, in sure Universal would look completely different today.

Still, for $40 million, this was quite a disaster of an attraction.
Eh, I think people blow the whole "Universal waz gonna close" thing out of proportion...

RRR was certainly a quick fix to a crowding problem....Unfortunately B&M was busy..

Rockit was meant as a way to keep eyes on Universal while getting ready for Potter in 2010. They could have waited for B&M but wanted it done by 2009 - hence Maurer.

Memba when this was gonna have an LED Tower?

Memba when this was gonna have us "breaking" through the Hollywood sign letters?

Memba when this was gonna was going to have a CityWalk entrance so you can ride when USF was closed?

Memba when this was gonna have 2 different tracks?

Memba when this was gonna have a song choice list updated frequently, and have themed choices during events?

I memba

Last edited:
Memba when this was gonna have an LED Tower?

Memba when this was gonna have us "breaking" through the Hollywood sign letters?

Memba when this was gonna was going to have a CityWalk entrance so you can ride when USF was closed?

Memba when this was gonna have 2 different tracks?

Memba when this was gonna have a song choice list updated frequently, and have themed choices during events?

I memba
Probably one of the biggest let downs in terms of what was promised prior... Avatar only really had the interactive walkways, and Antarctica while not good didn’t promise as much individually.

What crowding problem? It opened in 2009.

None in 2009....but the next year...

54408252.jpg

Also, RRR has valleyed three times while empty...Not sure, but I don't think that's normal for coasters

Put me in the ring of wanting this ride replaced