Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently Universal could finally be updating the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit soundtrack options in 2019, as according to Screamscape, they are currently doing a survey on riders about music options and what they thought of the experience. Here's the Screamscape link:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_florida.htm

Good thing if they are, some of the current soundtrack options are a tad dated in 2017.

Apparently Universal could finally be updating the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit soundtrack options in 2019, as according to Screamscape, they are currently doing a survey on riders about music options and what they thought of the experience. Here's the Screamscape link:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_florida.htm

Good thing if they are, some of the current soundtrack options are a tad dated in 2017.
Woah, totally forgot about Screamscape...A soundtrack change would be welcomed...It is certainly an opportunity for synergy with songs like "Happy" from the Despicable Me movie...Hopefully the whole thing gets a redo at some point

I reckon something they could actually do is retheme HRRR to some of Universal's iconic film music so that you could listen to Happy by Pharell Williams or the Back to the Future music, for example. They could really capitalise on the nostalgia. Or they could retheme it to a single IP. If they wanted to do an Illuminations IP, as the rest of the surrounding area seems to be heading that way, I reckon Sing could be a good fit. I mean as it's a music theme, although I do think HRRR is a tad too big to be Sing-themed. I suppose it's no more stupid than retheming California Screamin' to the Incredibles, though. Alternatively, they could just expand on HRRR's existing theme of making a music video. They could theme the queue with cameras, lighting rigs and production stuff, sort of like Rock'n'Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris. I think that's probably the most likely option if they did want to overhaul it.

Reactions: tankart150
I reckon something they could actually do is retheme HRRR to some of Universal's iconic film music so that you could listen to Happy by Pharell Williams or the Back to the Future music, for example. They could really capitalise on the nostalgia. Or they could retheme it to a single IP. If they wanted to do an Illuminations IP, as the rest of the surrounding area seems to be heading that way, I reckon Sing could be a good fit. I mean as it's a music theme, although I do think HRRR is a tad too big to be Sing-themed. I suppose it's no more stupid than retheming California Screamin' to the Incredibles, though. Alternatively, they could just expand on HRRR's existing theme of making a music video. They could theme the queue with cameras, lighting rigs and production stuff, sort of like Rock'n'Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris. I think that's probably the most likely option if they did want to overhaul it.
I imagine they will always keep it a bit generic...The ridership seems high enough to where they probably wont tear it down..Although, I would much rather have a B&M Hyper that is tucked away and better themed

Although, I would much rather have a B&M Hyper that is tucked away and better themed
Wouldn't we all @shiekra38! Although HRRR is a good ride, it is nothing more than high top 20 for me who has only ridden 39 coasters. While that is still very high, when the only B&M Hyper I've ridden currently sits as my number 1 coaster, then I definitely know which I would rather.

Also, I actually think the music theme is quite a nice premise for Universal to expand upon. I actually think HRRR's theme is a nice premise to work off of if they added some video production theming such as lighting rigs and cameras to the queue line. I reckon that works better for HRRR than an IP theme would. If they updated some of the song choices (note the phrase "some of"), then I reckon Universal would be on to a winner.

Last edited:
RRRs biggest plus is that it fits that narrow space. There's really no other attraction that could replace it in a park where space is at a premium.

*Thinks of SLoP in Hollywood originally being in an area that would've been .97 acres* ;)

Just because it doesn't look like it, it doesn't mean they couldn't have the ability to do that.