Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if the biggest issue they have with the music has to do with those on ride videos they try to sell. I mean, that has to get into some copy write issues, selling videos with music on them.

I do enjoy hearing music of my choice on the ride, the ride is OK to me, I do not ride it that often...but I think that is more about things I am not in the mood for....locker, sun in eyes in the AM, I really do not like that lift hill...but it needs the music!

Reactions: tankart150
I wonder if the biggest issue they have with the music has to do with those on ride videos they try to sell. I mean, that has to get into some copy write issues, selling videos with music on them.

I do enjoy hearing music of my choice on the ride, the ride is OK to me, I do not ride it that often...but I think that is more about things I am not in the mood for....locker, sun in eyes in the AM, I really do not like that lift hill...but it needs the music!
Seems to me that is the biggest issue...The rights are probably worth more than they videos they are selling..

I do wonder how many people actually buy the videos tbh

Reactions: tankart150
I still cant believe limp bizkit was ever thought of being a good choice for the ride. It is embarrasing to see it on the menu lol

Say what you will, but it is timed pretty well to the ride haha

i'm fairly certain that the songs on the menu are edited to fit the ride. You can see this for yourself just by putting in one of the "secret" songs - they are not edited and really don't work as well.

This is why I like the Motley Crue song better than songs from a few of my favorite bands, like Ministry and Suicidal Tendencies. The editing really makes a difference!

Reactions: shiekra38
RRRs biggest plus is that it fits that narrow space. There's really no other attraction that could replace it in a park where space is at a premium.

I think there are a few alternative that could have worked but it would have been more of the same. Maybe a hyper coaster or something similar to Superman at Magic Mountain but the capacity would be horrible for a park this busy.

I wonder if they could just retheme this to something along the lines of Hollywood Dream or whatever it's called at Universal Studios Japan, and maybe just cycle through a few different Universal film scores, and just ditch the pick your own song gimmick?

It would fit in the with the area of the park it's in and give them an excuse to upgrade/update the queue... at the very least get rid of that video. It probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort required, since the ride is still popular with the GP, but just spit balling since there seems to be a lot of complaints about the stale song choices.

If they were to redo this ride, I'd want:
- An entirely new, enclosed queue, themed to a movie studio ala RNRC. Right now, I'd go as far as to say it has the worst queue across Universal AND Disney.
- An updated music track, that focuses more on music relating to attractions/properties from the resort, as to make it more timeless. You could include some modern music like "Happy" for Despicable Me, and any music relating to F&F, but also seeing iconic film score from Jurassic Park/Jaws/E.T./etc., and even music from Nintendo games.
- A new color scheme to the track that's less jarring, something light blue or silver could work.
- A new track layout that isn't as prone to breakdown and is more comfortable.
...I'm literally just asking for a new coaster in its place, basically. I think there's a place for a big exposed steel coaster at USF, even one with a music theme, but it needs to be redone to be improved.