Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mike, I would like to hear what you think is a worse land than this that disney has built since dinoland.

Pandora? New fantasyland? Asia? Storybook Circus? I think all are great for what they are- in particular compared to this. I fail to see how he’s “in the minority”.

I don’t think Disney has built any bad lands after Dinoland. I don’t even hate Dinoland, it’s a fun quirky land. Echo lake and the Animation courtyard are probably the worst.

We have two new rides and a land that looks like fun to be in. It’s not supposed to be Pandora or Asia. Not every land has to have intricate rock work or some crazy center piece. This land will have two of the most popular rides in Walt Disney World. I believe the majority of guests, adults and kids will love this new land.

Reactions: Doug A.
FF will be more similar to the Studio Tour in Hollywood.

Great. I hope it's 45 minutes and tours real working studios. Otherwise, there is zero reason to build anything similar to the Studio Tour in Orlando. Because no one who has ever rode the Studio Tour has thought... they should clone this ride system.

Reactions: jtsalien
It is the potential that this land and franchise could have been that ticks off fans. The land being created is fine, but it’s bothersome knowing how much it costs to built and what it could/else be.
i keep seeing this a lot. i dont see the potential at all. to me it just doesnt translate well to a theme park setting as other properties do. Theme park lands are often about environment, whats Toy Storys environment? honest question.
Andys room? they chose Andys backyard. I ve never understood people being excited for this land unless you have kids younger than 10 (mine are older now). People that set their expectations high for this land were destined to be disappointed

Reactions: Nick
i keep seeing this a lot. i dont see the potential at all. to me it just doesnt translate well to a theme park setting as other properties do. Theme park lands are often about environment, whats Toy Storys environment? honest question.
Andys room? they chose Andys backyard. I ve never understood people being excited for this land unless you have kids younger than 10 (mine are older now). People that set their expectations high for this land were destined to be disappointed
We knew what to expect from the day this was announced (based on existing TSLs) so I think continuing to harp on the land in that way is a bit pointless, but is it a waste of resources and a bad use of 11 acres in DHS? IMO, yes, and I think that's also where most people have the biggest problem with the land.

Reactions: twebber55
FYI, FF is not using the same ride system as Kong. Those two are similar, in the way that Rockit and Woody Woodpecker are similar. Yes they are both electric buses. But how the vehicles achieve their simulated motion are fundamentally different. You can thank the Kong issues and snapped RV suspensions for that. FF will be more similar to the Studio Tour in Hollywood.

Never mind. I don’t want to get too off topic. I’ll reference the FF thread.

Wow, does anybody on this site ever like anything new? I've read countless hate posts on Toy Story Land, Pixar Pier, and Fast and Furious Supercharged. I've even read posts of people complaining that Avatar wasn't themed well. Seriously? There's a reason I rarely comment here. You guys have unrealistic standards. Maybe you guys should stop complaining for once and be thankful that Disney and Universal are investing so heavily in these parks. Now, obviously you don't have to like everything. But, I can't understand the hate sometimes. What a shame. For everyone that's excited for this land, you guys are the real fans!

My comment to this is don't view the boards as one voice, view the voices in the board as their own. There are those excited for each of these additions and those not. Don't lump everyone together because if you do then every board will appear similar to what you typed above.

TSL is Disney's way of quickly and cheaply adding capacity before SWL.

If you can call 3 years and $200+M quickly and cheaply. :saywhat:

Their cheap addition of capacity isn't cheap and didn't add enough capacity. Gotta stake where the puck is going.

I think of this as being largely like A Bug's Land: good filler attractions, but spread over too large of a space.
The other TSL's are a better comparison for their acreage.

A Bug's Land is only around 2.5-3 acres, but has 6 attractions. The other TSL's are around the same acreage as A Bug's Land, but the attraction count is half of what it has.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The other TSL's are a better comparison for their acreage.

A Bug's Land is only around 2.5-3 acres, but has 6 attractions. The other TSL's are around the same acreage as A Bug's Land, but the attraction count is half of what it has.
Yeah. "11" acres for this is mind boggling. Heck that's the same or bigger than Pandora. Space is precious in theme parks.

It's not even really good capacity though.

Saucers is only 600/hour and I can't imagine Slinky has a high throughput.

Jesus. So the capacity of a spinner like Dumbo... in a park that would need about 2 more of those to make it feasible. I can't think about this because I get so frustrated. :lol:

Jesus. So the capacity of a spinner like Dumbo... in a park that would need about 2 more of those to make it feasible. I can't think about this because I get so frustrated. :lol:
The 600 is about as exact of a capacity number as we can figure too since the ride already exists at DCA in the exact same form, just under different theme.

The 600 is about as exact of a capacity number as we can figure too since the ride already exists at DCA in the exact same form, just under different theme.

Right, and it's a fun little whip ride that's not worth the waits it can get at DCA... a park that, even after TSL, will have double the rides as DHS and less visitors.

Right, and it's a fun little whip ride that's not worth the waits it can get at DCA... a park that, even after TSL, will have double the rides as DHS and less visitors.
It's got well more than Double the rides even after TSL :lol:

It is a fun little ride as you say, but I expect wait times in this land to be just ridiculous and lines to stretch all around the land for the coaster (since they didn't build much queue for it). Since the coaster probably can only do 1200/hour max, I expect wait times almost in the range of FoP, simply because the park is light on rides. And Star Wars opening up a year later isn't much help because even though it's extra ride capacity, it also means higher crows levels.

TSMM will actually probably have the lowest wait time in the land if I had to guess. It runs pretty smooth with the three tracks.

Last edited:
It's got well more than Double the rides even after TSL :lol:

It is a fun little ride as you say, but I expect wait times in this land to be just ridiculous and lines to stretch all around the land for the coaster (since they didn't build much queue for it). Since the coaster probably can only do 1200/hour max, I expect wait times almost in the range of FoP, simply because the park is light on rides. And Star Wars opening up a year later isn't much help because even though it's extra ride capacity, it also means higher crows levels.

TSMM will actually probably have the lowest wait time in the land if I had to guess. It runs pretty smooth with the three tracks.
Never thought I’d say it, but thank goodness they’re opening that new Mickey ride too.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick