Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 447 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually he said 50-54 passenger vehicles, not passengers. That means 50+ RVs if he said what he meant.

It sounds like a next gen Omnimover.

I was more calculating with the seat's of fours in the cars of the 50-54.

I'm trying, and failing, but it's better than not doing anything at all.

Actually he said 50-54 passenger vehicles, not passengers. That means 50+ RVs if he said what he meant.

It sounds like a next gen Omnimover.
50+ cars x 4 riders per RV is a lot of people on the track at once! I love it!

They will “race” two cars side by side I believe.

50+ cars x 4 riders per RV is a lot of people on the track at once! I love it!

They will “race” two cars side by side I believe.

If they have a 5 minute ride time with a 1 minute load/unload cycle(just for easy math), thats 2000 RPH.

A 4 minute ride time with 1 min L/U would be 2400 an hour. Some pretty good capacity if they pull it off.

If what I've heard is correct, the load/unload station will hold 8 cars at once, 4 on left and 4 on right. I believe they will load from the center, with folks unloading on the outside sides... (kinda like Test Track, but with two lanes.)

Last edited:
Allow me to throw just a taste of a tidbit, as I got wind of this for the Hollywood version, but should be for the others.

To be cryptic but still giving something, I have heard of something they are planning to incorporate to Mario Kart. To not explain further, what I got was something that could rival the Kong animatronic from Reign of Kong.

Take that, as you will.
So giant Bowser.

Allow me to throw just a taste of a tidbit, as I got wind of this for the Hollywood version, but should be for the others.

To be cryptic but still giving something, I have heard of something they are planning to incorporate to Mario Kart. To not explain further, what I got was something that could rival the Kong animatronic from Reign of Kong.

Take that, as you will.
522c5274153e0ec5470efb7d901384acce6f51cf_hq.gif

No way he’s exclusive to Hollywood.

Take that, as you will.
image_stream-25009-2760_0002.jpg

latest

So August then... hmm....

SOMETHING will be dead by the end of August. Zero doubt in my mind about that.

Take that, as you will.

There's been talk that Kong has been a test of just how close they can get guests to an animatronic figure. That in the future figures may literally get in the ride path, or interact directly with the vehicles.

Kong has not been a 100% success. But most of that is due to the figure's skins and internal components that give it form literally wearing out. Otherwise, the tech and sensors all work as expected. So if they can figure out how to properly dress the figures, they should be able to come up with some really awesome stuff.

Last edited:
SOMETHING will be dead by the end of August. Zero doubt in my mind about that.

There's been talk that Kong has been a test of just how close they can get guests to an animatronic figure. That in the future figures may literally get in the ride path, or interact directly with the vehicles.

Kong has not be a 100% success. But most of that is due to the figure's skins and internal components that give it form literally wearing out. Otherwise, the tech and sensors all work as expected. So if they can figure out how to properly dress the figures, they should be able to come up with some really awesome stuff.
We may see an AA character outside near Donkey Kong ride that’ll be pretty close to guests. And may be somewhat interactive. Something new for Universal.

I'd like a Cranky Kong animatronic that bemoans the current theme park model, longing for the pre-Disneyland days when amusement parks were just cheap carnivals.

"Back in my day, we didn't need all this fancy schmancy theming or this 'attention-to-detail' rubbish. We just rode these dirty, off the shelf amusement park rides made on a shoe-string budget. And we LIKED IT!"

I'd like a Cranky Kong animatronic that bemoans the current theme park model, longing for the pre-Disneyland days when amusement parks were just cheap carnivals.

"Back in my day, we didn't need all this fancy schmancy theming or this 'attention-to-detail' rubbish. We just rode these dirty, off the shelf amusement park rides made on a shoe-string budget. And we LIKED IT!"
“These new fangled roller coasters are for babies. Everything is automated for you. Back in my day we got out of the train and pushed it up the hills ourselves, and we LIKED IT!!!”

And for breaking the fourth wall;
“Look at all the money wasted on useless technology that makes me look like I’m actually alive. Back in my day the best you got was a foam statue on a moving stick and nobody complained!!!”

Reactions: randompixel
“These new fangled roller coasters are for babies. Everything is automated for you. Back in my day we got out of the train and pushed it up the hills ourselves, and we LIKED IT!!!”

And for breaking the fourth wall;
“Look at all the money wasted on useless technology that makes me look like I’m actually alive. Back in my day the best you got was a foam statue on a moving stick and nobody complained!!!”
Heh, you just inadvertently described the Ellen AA during it's last years. :lol:

Reactions: Mike S and DK745