Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love for them to announce nothing outside the flagship IPs until opening night.
That really would be spectacular. Announce the dates whenever, because they're legitimately the only information that actually matters. Announce your three biggest IPs and the number of houses/zones, then silhouette their logos/images until opening night.

The event has, legitimately, gotten to where the details don't matter. People show for the primary IPs. No one is making a trip FOR the originals or the scarezones. Anyone who says they do go for the originals is going to attend no matter when they're announced.

That really would be spectacular. Announce the dates whenever, because they're legitimately the only information that actually matters. Announce your three biggest IPs and the number of houses/zones, then silhouette their logos/images until opening night.

The event has, legitimately, gotten to where the details don't matter. People show for the primary IPs. No one is making a trip FOR the originals or the scarezones. Anyone who says they do go for the originals is going to attend no matter when they're announced.
I don't know, it's kinda just fun for the fans to speculate on what the houses will contain, which will be the best, etc. It's not about marketing as much as it is fan service.

Ya'll had me a little concerned at first when you suggested they shouldn't announce anything.

I don't think I could take nearly a year of silence outside of IP details.

But, since you mentioned "announcing" the other houses/zones, but keeping the details shrouded in mystery. I could definitely get behind that.

That would at least keep the speculation game up. Imagine if they had silhouettes of the logos (and maybe one sentence or quote), the fanboy photo shopping that would be done would be out of control.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I don't know, it's kinda just fun for the fans to speculate on what the houses will contain, which will be the best, etc. It's not about marketing as much as it is fan service.
Yeah... speculation about what was actually coming instead of inane minutiae like location and specific scares was actually way more enjoyable. Not knowing anything until the last week of August and having that hard deadline of when we'd get all the answers was far more exhilarating.

Now, it's being gifted Boardwalk before you even roll the dice.

Yeah... speculation about what was actually coming instead of inane minutiae like location and specific scares was actually way more enjoyable. Not knowing anything until the last week of August and having that hard deadline of when we'd get all the answers was far more exhilarating.

Now, it's being gifted Boardwalk before you even roll the dice.

Plus, Boardwalk kind of sucks. I'd rather have the red properties.

As a person who lives a great distance from Florida, I greatly appreciate leaks and speculation. I have to book my trip far in advance and if all the rumors are pointing to a lineup of Saw, Walking Dead, Purge, Insidious, and other such things I'm not into, I know I can wait, save some money and go the following year. So, I can see how it can be maddening and I am admittedly new to rabid fandom (three years in), so I really appreciate this stuff.

Plus, Boardwalk kind of sucks. I'd rather have the red properties.
Orange has a near equal probability.

Red
Orange
Purple
Yellow

EDIT -
As a person who lives a great distance from Florida, I greatly appreciate leaks and speculation. I have to book my trip far in advance and if all the rumors are pointing to a lineup of Saw, Walking Dead, Purge, Insidious, and other such things I'm not into, I know I can wait, save some money and go the following year. So, I can see how it can be maddening and I am admittedly new to rabid fandom (three years in), so I really appreciate this stuff.
So, here is my question:

If Universal announces two to four things you're REALLY into, and alludes to 6 other things you can assume you will at least enjoy, would that be enough for you to book the trip?

And I'm not trying to be rhetorical. I really would like to know your thoughts because my opinion on the matter is, admittedly, pretty cynical.

Last edited:
If Universal announces two to four things you're REALLY into, and alludes to 6 other things you can assume you will at least enjoy, would that be enough for you to book the trip?

I think that would be enough, yes. I went to 25 and while there were several things I wasn't all that into, the stuff I liked more than made up for it. The 25 years house, Shadybrook, F v J, Werewolf and Alice 3D were a ton of fun for me.

I tend to like the originals best, so if I knew there were going to be four or more original houses I'd be psyched and wouldn't really want to know all the details about them before I went, just general themes.

The things leaked for 28 and the possibility of an 80's theme have me super psyched for this year. I am hoping it makes up for the imbalance of originals.

Also, if I'm being totally honest, I would go every year if I could afford it and could convince my girlfriend to go every year instead of going to the occasional new place on vacation. But, new things are good, so it's a wacky balance. heh heh

I hope that helped at all.

Advertise IPs, keep the originals "wrapped up". There would be tons of inside info and speculation that would pay these forums. lol
That would work for me. I think HHN has enough cred to ensure that I will have a crazy time so I book no matter what IPs, originals, SZ, shows they put on. I trust they will give me my money's/time worth so I go. I trust them to put on a great event.

I think that would be enough, yes. I went to 25 and while there were several things I wasn't all that into, the stuff I liked more than made up for it. The 25 years house, Shadybrook, F v J, Werewolf and Alice 3D were a ton of fun for me.

I tend to like the originals best, so if I knew there were going to be four or more original houses I'd be psyched and wouldn't really want to know all the details about them before I went, just general themes.

The things leaked for 28 and the possibility of an 80's theme have me super psyched for this year. I am hoping it makes up for the imbalance of originals.

Also, if I'm being totally honest, I would go every year if I could afford it and could convince my girlfriend to go every year instead of going to the occasional new place on vacation. But, new things are good, so it's a wacky balance. heh heh

I hope that helped at all.
It does help. You pretty much exemplify what I think is the crux of my argument and where most fans fall. If they want to throw fans like you a bone, announce two-three IPs, an original, and the split.
Advertise IPs, keep the originals "wrapped up". There would be tons of inside info and speculation that would pay these forums. lol
Yep.

Most of the new generation of fan ("Get off my lawn") can't grasp the immensity of speculation from 2005-2010. Not knowing what's coming is infinitely more interesting than the way things are now.

This year sort of reminds me of 2007 in that there’s 3 heavy hitter IP’s(Stranger Things, IT, Halloween) and then a few miscellaneous ones, and then a few originals

Most of the new generation of fan ("Get off my lawn") can't grasp the immensity of speculation from 2005-2010. Not knowing what's coming is infinitely more interesting than the way things are now.

Announcement night for XX (and even 21) was fun. I believe 21 only announced The Thing before everything was announced at the end of August.

Reactions: Legacy