Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

And opening the attraction didn't change the fact that aside from the queue, the attraction is the worst in the park by far.

I was expecting it to be simply awful. However, I actually quite enjoyed it, found i quite fun.

For me it was the queue that was terrible. Seriously, Fallon is just not at all funny.

What really bothers me is that the ride is supposed to open in Spring of this year in Orlando, yet two more months and it's officially Summer. Why is Universal trying to delay the ride's opening date?
Today is the first day of Spring. Summer doesn't *technically* start until June 21st.

It'll be open within 3 months, so within Spring.

I wish it would hurry up already, but it shouldn't be delayed too long (hopefully.)

its kinda funny how we wait and wait for a new ride to open then after a year we just hit it likes its an old ride.

Why? I mean I think part of what comes with a new ride is more the anticipation to see if it exceeds expectations. If it doesn't, fine. For this one particular, I feel the anticipation is split. Some people want Universal Creative to move onto other projects. The other group is curious to see if it'll be better than the low expectations everyone is having for it. For previous rides, the anticipation may be different, but it's still there. People are curious to see what's coming, and what it has to offer. After that, if it's good, it'll be treated like the other attractions. Guest will hit the ride knowing what to expect, so a bit of excitement is lost, but not all. I feel a ride really struggles when it isn't like an old ride that we just hit, but a ride we just want to avoid. That's how I feel with Fallon and Minion Mayhem honestly. I didn't like those attractions, and I avoid it.

The good thing about Universal Studios Resort is that the attractions tend to still be entertaining enough to want to hit. Jurassic Park, Revenge of the Mummy, Men in Black, etc. If a ride feels like an old ride, if we treat it like one, it's not a bad thing. I mean we won't talk about it long in a thread because other than reviews for the attraction, is there a point?

unimpressed.gif

How I feel every time I check on this thread.

Just curious what is the anticipated capacity for this attraction.

Probably somewhat similar to Kong. I'd think a little more or a little less. Kong is a bit over 1900 theoretical capacity when the maximum 4 vehicles are running. That's real good capacity.

Park hours are extended to 10pm beginning March 24th for both IOA and USF. I know spring crowds have been bigger than ever but is a 10pm closing at both parks this early in the year pretty standard? Could there be any correlation between the operating hours and the "original" opening date for Fast? Either way, I remember the days when IOA used to close well before sundown even on busy days. Times sure have changed.

Park hours are extended to 10pm beginning March 24th for both IOA and USF. I know spring crowds have been bigger than ever but is a 10pm closing at both parks this early in the year pretty standard? Could there be any correlation between the operating hours and the "original" opening date for Fast? Either way, I remember the days when IOA used to close well before sundown even on busy days. Times sure have changed.
I doubt that has anything to do with F&F. TM previews and soft haven't been held yet

Someone proudly posted their Universal Creative project 620 jacket on twitter today. It also had the Family Forever logo. I stared at the picture thinking, “you’re admitting it?”.
Maybe he knows something we don't. For example the new ride system that uses party buses is actually a clever ruse to trick the guests at load. After you make the first turn, you find out Shaw (or some random villain) is chasing down Toretto and we need to save him. Letty, is our guide. "Hold on! You didn't think we'd bring you along on slow buses did you?" The bus detaches into two separate ride vehicles and the party bus chassis folds down and out giving guests a fuller view of the ride experience. We slam on the gas and race side by side through the 360 tunnel with projections of explosions and falling debris. We're out of the 360 tunnel in seconds and come to a stop at a fully realized set of famous San Francisco landmark, Lombard Street, with it's steep winding road. We hit the gas and get to experience the ride system utilize the thrilling drifting technology that took Creative so long to perfect. At the end of Lombard Street, we see Shaw and Toretto make a sharp turn into high-rise parking structure. Still in pursuit, we weave our way up the levels to the 10th floor. A huge showdown occurs as our vehicle locks into place on a pivoting piece of track for the finale right in front of Shaw's car. Shaw slams on the gas and drives full speed into our vehicle pushing us off the edge of the parking garage. We dangle for a moment and then free-fall to the ground where we are saved at the last second by a remote activated winch. This clever effect is a nod to the many virtual free-fall finales in the park. This time, guests will experience a non-simulated free fall. We meet up with our partner ride vehicle who went on a slightly different adventure. The sleek cars hitch together and the sides fold back up to form the boring party bus we started our adventure on. Clapping, exit to the left.

Doubt it. Park hours in May for IOA had been extended to a 10:00 closing most nights. In all the years I've vacationed in May, the latest I've ever seen before was 7:00 & 8:00 for IOA. Conversely Studio's park is closing at 8:00 PM or earlier most nights in May. F&F is in the Studios park. My guess is that the IOA late hours is so they can run the FJ night show. ....So, nothing to do with F&F.

That stinks that US closes earlier it seems, I much prefer US to IOA, but interesting. Great thing they are expanding hours. I remember the days when all the parks would close at 5-6 during the off season. Though crowds were much lower, you really were limited on time and often you had evenings where you had little to do, especially if it wasn't hot enough to swim.

That stinks that US closes earlier it seems, I much prefer US to IOA, but interesting. Great thing they are expanding hours. I remember the days when all the parks would close at 5-6 during the off season. Though crowds were much lower, you really were limited on time and often you had evenings where you had little to do, especially if it wasn't hot enough to swim.
I'd imagine the new Studios hour situation in non peak periods will change once the new lagoon show is ready to roll.