Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pirates of the Caribbean Refurb

And as a little something, it seems like they are reusing an old figure from Great Movie Ride, instead of using a figure similar to the likes of what is seen in Disneyland Paris's version that got updated last year.
Looking at Paris' version it doesnt look like they redid any of the animatronics for that scene. The red head still just stands there. The old women are still old women. Looks like more work went into ours

While I wasn't fond of the choice to change the auction scene, I could at least understand some aspects of why, but to replace it with...this. There's no sugarcoating or defending this new scene, the script flat out sucks. Seriously, was this written by the scientist of the FoP queue video?

Now if the script was like what belloq87 came up with,

I have just realized how this scene should have played out...

The Auctioneer asks the crowd to makes offers for the hens, Redd (that's apparently her name, now) replies that they’d rather have the rum. Then the guys go, “No, we wants the redhead! We wants the redhead!”

Redd then fires a warning shot at them. Wait a beat. “We wants the rum! We wants the rum!”

It’s still lame, but at least then you get to keep one of the great lines, and you give the scene a structure that ends with a punchline and a payoff.

...then I would have no problems with it. We'd still have a iconic line, a nice bit of humor and it would strengthen Redd as she can handle her own and not take guff from anyone. But with what Dis put out, it's just awkward and not in a good way.

o wonder how long this will last before some complains about Disney character wanting alcohol.

Hopefully, none. People are losing their sense of humor. POTC movies were obsessed with Jack Sparrow's love of rum. Pirates were known for pillaging and such. This should have been a non-issue all along. It's just Disney trying to avoid an issue that hasn't existed yet or has been griped about by a minority.

no heard they got rid of mermaids because they use projectors for the water and the projectors would show error messages on the water

no heard they got rid of mermaids because they use projectors for the water and the projectors would show error messages on the water

Lmao. It happens. One time I was on TOT and the fifth dimension scene had a big Windows error message. :lol:

It was a messy addition to supplement an added effect that never worked. There's no reason to have them there anymore, good riddance.
It was actually meant as a tie-in to POTC: On Stanger Tides and it just never worked. Not sad to see it go.

The way they try to force in changed versions of classic lines is almost painful. “Strike your feathers?” “Show ‘em your flock?!” Get outta here.

I have just realized how this scene should have played out...

The Auctioneer asks the crowd to makes offers for the hens, Redd (that's apparently her name, now) replies that they’d rather have the rum. Then the guys go, “No, we wants the redhead! We wants the redhead!”

Redd then fires a warning shot at them. Wait a beat. “We wants the rum! We wants the rum!”

It’s still lame, but at least then you get to keep one of the great lines, and you give the scene a structure that ends with a punchline and a payoff.

This is the same exact suggestion that I had thought of when I heard they were changing the scene. How is it that we all could come up with it and Disney couldn't is beyond me. Unless of course they did think of it and just didn't want something close at all to the original.

i just thought of a theory what if the red head is meridas mother during her earlier years.Yes the brave movie was set about 100 years before pirates but nothings perfect.