Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney keeps using old ride systems to make Iron Man rides (Star Tours & Rockin' Roller Coaster.) I don't think we'll see one like Iron Legion show up... That said, there will be something Avengers coming to Paris. So, who knows.

Wasn't that already shown with the stunt show debuting this year?

DCA has been the only one to explicitly mention The Avengers while HKDL is pushing Iron Man and Ant Man, with Paris pushing the Avengers stunt show and Iron Man RnRC turnover.

Back to JP, I expect we will see something more like a remake of the River Adventure more than a new ride, atleast for now.

A patent that sounds like has already been abandoned because it doesn't work well.
Just the insane up and down motion. Could still get some mileage out of the suspended stand-up style dark ride bits, probably. The cable for up/down would definitely be dropped though.

Reactions: Mike S
I was just thinking about the JP coaster rumor the other day.
I felt like that had just eventually evolved into the new HP ride, giving them an out for the issues with Dragons not dueling and the locker situation there.

If they add that or follow through on that dark ride rumor for the bottom of the Visitor Center + Old Trike plot that would be a great use of the space.

Reactions: tankart150
Just the insane up and down motion. Could still get some mileage out of the suspended stand-up style dark ride bits, probably. The cable for up/down would definitely be dropped though.

But once you ditch the cables that changes the patent to the point that you'd need something else anyway.

It's a shame its in the same park, but the FJ system would have worked well for what they are trying to accomplish with Iron Legion.

I mean, I'll take pretty much any addition to Jurassic Park... but I'd prefer what comes to involve "real" (i.e. animatronic) dinosaurs. I think we've got enough flying simulators throughout Orlando.

But as I said, I'll take what I can get in JP.

I’d settle for the Ultrasaur on River Adventure being in continuous movement vs a moment cycle per boat.

“The Ultrasaurs in this lagoon only cycle once per boat”.

Can someone please explain the whole gyrosphere ride concept to me?

There's only broad speculation based on how the ride looked onscreen in JURASSIC WORLD; I don't believe there has been any reliable insider info detailing how such a ride would be pulled off in theme park form.

I’d settle for the Ultrasaur on River Adventure being in continuous movement vs a moment cycle per boat.

My top priority - even before additional attractions in JP - would be for River Adventure to get a thorough refurb, complete with new AAs.

The Ultrasaur applying that killer neck stretch during the epic entrance is seriously the biggest butchering of any property at UO.

Welcome..... to Jurassic Park! DAH DAH DAHHHH DAH Dah DAH DAH DAH DAAAA...hey guys....wake up-RAWWWWWR

Jurassic Park is my favorite movie of all time and I really enjoyed Jurassic World. I would've preferred Kong to be a new JP ride (it's still jarring/frustrating to see Kong in the JP "island"). If they can pull off getting a new E-ticket in there, they should absolutely go for it. The wooden coaster sounds like a decent idea. I'd love a pterodactyl-themed inverted coaster or something along those lines as well.

Nay the gyrosphere and amber mine coaster. I just don't see a coaster fitting in in JP. The Flying Dinosaur at USJ is such an eyesore and way not what JP is about. I'll take 2 attractions about Dinos breaking out over a coaster. They should do the jeeps but as a family ride that brings you up close to some of the herbivores. That would be exciting but without the terror of the JPRA T-rex/drop. Or if we do see carnivores its through glass or electric fence.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.