(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if (in terms of the park map) they will list Ministry of Magic as being part of "Diagon Alley" or if they will officially designate the section in front of Diagon Alley, "London" on the map and list Ministry of Magic as being an attraction there. It would fit with the other "city named" areas but I'm not sure if Rowling would let a Harry Potter ride be in a section of the park that doesn't have "The Wizarding World of..." in front of it.

To say this, I would imagine that if Fantastic Beasts makes it's way to G3 in some form, it could make sense that the area's get branded to just be "Wizarding World - Hogsmeade", "Wizarding World - London" and "Wizarding World - New Location".

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I wonder if (in terms of the park map) they will list Ministry of Magic as being part of "Diagon Alley" or if they will officially designate the section in front of Diagon Alley, "London" on the map and list Ministry of Magic as being an attraction there. It would fit with the other "city named" areas but I'm not sure if Rowling would let a Harry Potter ride be in a section of the park that doesn't have "The Wizarding World of..." in front of it.
Just like the Hogwarts Express is handled.

Great point. That's in "London" as well and it's listed as part of the main land. Duh. Not sure why I didn't think of that.
It's not simply "London" though. It is, by virtue, Wizarding World - London. There's just no signage calling it that. I mean there's a freaking Knight Bus just parked outside.

If we don’t get Percy Weasley shouting about how he’s junior assistant to something (I forget what he got to before he left after book 7) somewhere, even in s side Easter Egg, I will never be satisfied. :lol:

That is, of course, assuming the MoM would be taking place before the end of the Second Wizarding War. They could practically carbon copy the premise of Gringotts (a tour, with the trio wrecking havoc in the background), but I have a feeling that would feel stale.

We could always have Jamie Parker (adult Harry in the stage play) reprise that role as old Harry...doing paperwork. :sleep:

If we don’t get Percy Weasley shouting about how he’s junior assistant to something (I forget what he got to before he left after book 7) somewhere, even in s side Easter Egg, I will never be satisfied. :lol:

That is, of course, assuming the MoM would be taking place before the end of the Second Wizarding War. They could practically carbon copy the premise of Gringotts (a tour, with the trio wrecking havoc in the background), but I have a feeling that would feel stale.

We could always have Jamie Parker (adult Harry in the stage play) reprise that role as old Harry...doing paperwork. :sleep:

Who's to say it can't be set sometime in-between Order of The Phoenix, and mostly rely on the Order without using Harry, Ron, and Hermonie (with Ron in for a brief appearance). Then, have Hagrid, Sirius, and a few others lead the cast.

Who's to say it can't be set sometime in-between Order of The Phoenix, and mostly rely on the Order without using Harry, Ron, and Hermonie (with Ron in for a brief appearance). Then, have Hagrid, Sirius, and a few others lead the cast.

I think that would work splendidly. Follow Tonks as she’s taking her Auror test or something - maybe slightly jarring with circa 1998 right next door, but Mad-Eye already shows up in HE, so timeless it is!!

That would be an amazing time period. I love order of the Phoenix. Along with the whole ministry of magic setting, prophecy orb fight scene, court hearing, and fireplace escape. These would be some awesome scenes to come by while going up and down the different levels of the MoM in an elevator.

Edit: Another thing, I know they can’t get the actors and film them, but could they use a super short scene from the movie maybe them escaping through the fireplace at the end? Just showing there backs like a cameo.

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
Honestly, I'd really hope that the plot doesn't involve something going terribly wrong like FJ, EfG, and possibly the new coaster. I like the idea of this just being some sort of "muggle-born initiation." Guests tour the Ministry and are given wands they can experiment with in the vehicles that can interact with the ride around them. Something a bit lengthier (around 5-7 minutes at least) and more whimsical.

Honestly, I'd really hope that the plot doesn't involve something going terribly wrong like FJ, EfG, and possibly the new coaster. I like the idea of this just being some sort of "muggle-born initiation." Guests tour the Ministry and are given wands they can experiment with in the vehicles that can interact with the ride around them. Something a bit lengthier (around 5-7 minutes at least) and more whimsical.
I feel the HP coaster will actually be just a ride through the FF and interactions with some characters...nothing really goes wrong

For MoM I feel you almost need something to happen to make it interesting

I feel the HP coaster will actually be just a ride through the FF and interactions with some characters...nothing really goes wrong
The something that goes wrong on the Potter Coaster probably isn't going to be huge, like dementors trying to steal your soul or Voldemort trying to "destroy you"... Instead it'll likely be more akin to Jurassic Park's one of the hadrosaurs knocked you off course, if you know what I mean.

Potter would end at FFL. When MIB goes it will be for something non-Potter related in all likelihood.

Diagon Alley and MLB to FFL sit on similar sized plots of land. About 7 acres a piece.

The combined area is slightly larger than all of Hogsmeade, show buildings included.

Why waste the concept of the Ministry of Magic on a D ticket attraction, when you can build the whole damn thing, ala Diagon Alley, and create a fully fledged out-London area... While leaving room for additional expansion.

Can Lightning Strike 3 times?

Also, I'm on team "Doing this would be borderline too much Potter". I just noticed a few things that push me towards this speculation.

Why waste the concept of the Ministry of Magic on a D ticket attraction, when you can build the whole damn thing, ala Diagon Alley, and create a fully fledged out-London area... While leaving room for additional expansion.

Nah. MOM will just take over the FFL area, and it will be an E-ticket. No need for MIB to go as well. At least to go for MOM.

Reactions: tankart150
Diagon Alley and MLB to FFL sit on similar sized plots of land. About 7 acres a piece.

The combined area is slightly larger than all of Hogsmeade, show buildings included.

Can Lightning Strike 3 times?

Also, I'm on team "Doing this would be borderline too much Potter". I just noticed a few things that push me towards this speculation.
Nah, MOM isn't even remotely as iconic, memorable, or multifaceted as either Hogwarts or Diagon Alley. Fine for one attraction but anything more is just absolutely overkill.

Nah, MOM isn't even remotely as iconic, memorable, or multifaceted as either Hogwarts or Diagon Alley. Fine for one attraction but anything more is just absolutely overkill.

I'm not saying I would do this, but the MoM I believe is also in Fantastic beasts so it could keep things more relevant with the upcoming movies, and it could be a way for them to sell/advertised based off new movies for people who never watched potter.