(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why waste the concept of the Ministry of Magic on a D ticket attraction, when you can build the whole damn thing, ala Diagon Alley, and create a fully fledged out-London area... While leaving room for additional expansion.

Can Lightning Strike 3 times?

Also, I'm on team "Doing this would be borderline too much Potter". I just noticed a few things that push me towards this speculation.

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling this is a possibility for the 3rd gate. Do a combined MoM and FB area down there. Kills two birds with one stone. It gets FB into the parks and Potter(with wands and Butterbeer) into the 3rd gate. It mitigates some of the "too much Potter" talk as it would be in another park as well. Probably won't happen, but theres enough of a reason there that I can see it.

This is what's going on here. The coaster is to keep attendance high from SW:GE. The MOM is one of the attractions planned so attendance isn't lost while they build the new park. It will be a compelling attraction to prevent people from delaying their trip until the new park opens.

I would think it's wise to keep Potter exclusively in the present two parks. Keeps those two parks in demand, and less likely to lose attendance, to the new park. Guests are just about forced to do all three parks to get their Potter & new park fill.

AFAIK - No Potter, at this time, in the 3rd Gate.

The plan was always 3 phases. Phase 1 was Hogsmeade. Phase 2 was Diagon. Phase 3 was a plussing to each side. Hogsmeade is getting theirs now, Diagon should be soon with MoM.

That's always been the most likely scenario, and probably still is. But if you go with that, and @JungleSkip's no FB at the South resort thought, that means no Butterbeer anywhere down there. They could still do an HP shop to get the merch there I'd assume. But no Butterbeer is leaving a lot of money on the table. That's all I'm really looking at. They know Potter fans spend the money. What can they do to get them down there and add days to their trips and make additional trips? It comes down to if Uni thinks that what they are already doing down there is enough. They've already, apparently, killed the Nintendo to Kidzone idea to get more into the new parks. Is that enough, or do they put the cash cow there too? I'd love to be able to know what discussions they've had over all of this some day. It's fascinating when you really think about it.

That's always been the most likely scenario, and probably still is. But if you go with that, and @JungleSkip's no FB at the South resort thought, that means no Butterbeer anywhere down there. They could still do an HP shop to get the merch there I'd assume. But no Butterbeer is leaving a lot of money on the table. That's all I'm really looking at. They know Potter fans spend the money. What can they do to get them down there and add days to their trips and make additional trips? It comes down to if Uni thinks that what they are already doing down there is enough. They've already, apparently, killed the Nintendo to Kidzone idea to get more into the new parks. Is that enough, or do they put the cash cow there too? I'd love to be able to know what discussions they've had over all of this some day. It's fascinating when you really think about it.

3rd park will have enough heavy hitters to make up for the loss of Butterbeer.

As much as I love the Potter franchise...

This is 100% for the best. There's absolutely nothing iconic to build minus MOM, and moving MOM outside of the London area makes 0 sense.
Z E R O W Sense! You add to the London facade and do just like diagon. What sucks is that when they do mom London out ranks hogsmeade again and there's no room to do anything unless foth gets the axe, which I hope.

"You can play a real game of Mario Kart and explore Middle-Earth" sound like more than enough to make up for not having a property that already has two lands and five (possibly six) rides. Yeah, Potter is a cash cow, but after a while you reach the point of diminishing returns. Even Disney isn't building Star Wars in EVERY WDW park.

3rd park will have enough heavy hitters to make up for the loss of Butterbeer.
They could put Kowalski's Quality Baked Goods in CityWalk 2.0 with Butterbeer, pastries, and
Fantastic-Beasts-Exhibit-3-12072016-500x500.jpg

They could put Kowalski's Quality Baked Goods in CityWalk 2.0 with Butterbeer, pastries, and
Fantastic-Beasts-Exhibit-3-12072016-500x500.jpg

If we get FB, Kowalski's is a lock. It's almost like they made it specifically for park retail. Would WB/JKR allow them to put it in Citiwalk though?

Edit: actually it might make more sense in Citywalk than anywhere as it's a Muggle store. But could they sell Butterbeer?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
If we get FB, Kowalski's is a lock. It's almost like they made it specifically for park retail. Would WB/JKR allow them to put it in Citiwalk though?

Edit: actually it might make more sense in Citywalk than anywhere as it's a Muggle store. But could they sell Butterbeer?
I think they should stick Kowalski's in New York in USF. Seems like a nobrainer