Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is that they will use a small portion of the new land for a year-round HHN-style park with permanent walk-through houses and a few horror ride-based attractions.

It will be open nightly, say, from 4pm-10pm. Houses can open/close based on season/attendance. This would be hard to resist for people after a day with co-workers at the convention center, or folks that just chilled by their pool all day, or at an off-property theme park. It's a bite-sized commitment, so to speak.

This is what Universal can do that Disney can't, and it's something Universal does very well. I'm sure the UC folks are dying to design permanent haunts, using everything they've learned over the past couple decades.

After this is up and running, we will laugh at the days when HHN had to be retrofitted into a park that wasn't built for it.

I know there are many reasons why this isn't a good idea -- no reason for you to list them -- but alas, this is my bet.

I've never played any of these games other than mario kart with my son 15 years ago. The rides would have to be pretty good to get a lot of folks from my generation in through these gates more than once. I can't relate to all the excitement over a Nintendo land, let alone a whole park of it.

But for fans of Nintendo, I can see this being pretty awesome for them.

Universal now owns all the possible theme park land. The other land they could buy would be for hotels, not anything to do with the theme parks (like the Wet 'n Wild plot). The only other possible land that could be rezoned to theme park is the Lockheed campus, but they're not going anywhere based on the expansion they're planning and the most recent military contracts that they signed for their missile plant.

Thanks! Sort of along the lines of what I was thinking. Folks had mentioned a few times throughout the last couple of years that UNI (or Comcast I imagine) could be throwing up value rooms to pressure some of the hotels near the current parks...by the old WnW...I started thing of some of the properties I recall being on Universal BLVD. heading towards the OCCC...that got me thinking what if they take there time w/ the south land.

Build a nice hotel to compete for some of the higher end OCCC visitors. A couple of values...CityWalk 2.0...a small daytime park for families...another water park...that would keep them busy for a spell w/o having some of the poperty values not jumping because they built another resort...instead they just have a couple of gates along the expectations of a Lego Land or a Fun Spot or something.

I don't know...I just like speculating on tads of info that pops up in this wonderful community....

Reactions: zg44
I'd argue that all the parks have an identity.
To the parks I haven’t already talked about...

- Epcot had one. Now it’s mostly just the festival park.
- DHS has never truly had an identity, although at least this expansion project is helping sorts give it one. I’d argue it’s now about all the studios Disney owns (LucasFilm/SWGE, Pixar/TSL, Muppet Courtyard/Muppet Studios, etc. They can’t really use Marvel in the park or else, but I do think Animation Courtyard could make a great WDSA area, with multiple dark rides.)
- USF I’d argue had a much better identity in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Now it’s more or less a hodgepodge.

Reactions: belloq87
Thinking more so outside the box,

Its seems universally, Universal gets massive attendance when they hold events like Mardi Gras and other things where they have musical guests as well as USJ with their EDM/Jpop/Kpop concerts.

If they do a hub and spoke park, could we see a castle/island hub with enough open space around for a huge in park music events? Its an easy money maker and brings locals and guests into the parks on the regular as well as help prevent congestion in parks for people trying to get out.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Thinking more so outside the box,

Its seems universally, Universal gets massive attendance when they hold events like Mardi Gras and other things where they have musical guests as well as USJ with their EDM/Jpop/Kpop concerts.

If they do a hub and spoke park, could we see a castle/island hub with enough open space around for a huge in park music events? Its an easy money maker and brings locals and guests into the parks on the regular as well as help prevent congestion in parks for people trying to get out.
I expect Universal to build some sort of capacity in for regular special events at the new park. They currently have Christmas, Halloween and Mardi Gras covered. I'm sure the new park will be set up for music.

The one thing that is missing is a food type Festival. Other park chains are having great success with that. Not sure how it would work but it seems like a good opportunity. I know Mardi Gras has some good food offerings but this is an opportunity to go all out.

I expect Universal to build some sort of capacity in for regular special events at the new park. They currently have Christmas, Halloween and Mardi Gras covered. I'm sure the new park will be set up for music.

The one thing that is missing is a food type Festival. Other park chains are having great success with that. Not sure how it would work but it seems like a good opportunity. I know Mardi Gras has some good food offerings but this is an opportunity to go all out.
I rather have them have good food in regular places than in little stalles where you can eat it hanging on a garbage can, I don't find that magical nor enjoyable.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.