Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I don’t think a burger place could replace Emeril’s. That restaurant is too big for a fast-casual place.

I’d love to see them rip out the second floor food court and put in a couple unique fast-casual places there. The “Whopper Bar” is just a normal BK and there’s nothing special about Moe’s SW whatever.

I’d love to see them rip out the second floor food court and put in a couple unique fast-casual places there. The “Whopper Bar” is just a normal BK and there’s nothing special about Moe’s SW whatever.

I have a small dream of them redoing that space and expanding it some.

I have a small dream of them redoing that space and expanding it some.
I honestly don’t understand why they haven’t. There’s no real reason for anybody to ever venture to that part of CityWalk.

The Whopper Bar was supposed to be BK’s cool new concept and Universal was one of their flagship locations. That was like 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Rip down all of that and put in a Shake Shack (or In-N-Out, but that’s never happening) and a Chic-fil-a.

I honestly don’t understand why they haven’t. There’s no real reason for anybody to ever venture to that part of CityWalk.

The Whopper Bar was supposed to be BK’s cool new concept and Universal was one of their flagship locations. That was like 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Rip down all of that and put in a Shake Shack (or In-N-Out, but that’s never happening) and a Chic-fil-a.

Here's my idea, Universal isn't great at counter service at CityWalk so outsource this and have Universal focus on the sit down locations.

Gut the place and expand it with more seating. Keep Panda Express, replace BK Bar with a fast casual burger concept like Five Guys, and then replace Moe's with Raising Cane's (better food and open on Sundays).

Here's my idea, Universal isn't great at counter service at CityWalk so outsource this and have Universal focus on the sit down locations
Just to build on that thought quickly.

I personally don’t think Universal is great at counter service, period. The newer places are quite good, but I don’t think that’s trickled down to the pre-Potter counter services restaurants at all.

There was a “incubator food court” I once heard about. Basically, there was a food court somewhere that catered towards new restaurants (mostly counter service). They’d give you some money and a booth at a food hall that had a full kitchen. A restaurant would stay there for 6-12 months or so and basically perfect their operations. Eventually, the expectation was that the restaurant would leave and get a real storefront so that a new restaurant could take their booth.

The crowds got a constantly rotating selection of restaurants and the community would get some new restaurants over time.

I’d love to see Universal use some version of this concept. Maybe just a rotating counter-service storefront? It could let them test out new foods easily and help them improve their counter service operations by trying out new experiments. Guests would know this was a test kitchen, so there would be less pressure to get everything exactly perfect.

Cool concept indeed. $12 whopper.......:think: