Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 336 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today there are tons of utility markers all over the south property site off of Destination Parkway. Some workers and heavy equipment are there in the empty field.
Is this on the main area located north of Destination Parkway and east of Universal Blvd?
Or is it one of the other parcels universal owns?

Looking forward to seeing these guys get to work on the south property

788707_orig.jpg

Reactions: LJGonz and JoeCamel
Look at all that empty space waiting on a theme park. Can anyone identify where the workers and heavy equipment is at?

I can see maybe one piece of equipment, but no workers, and there is no way we can make out any markings at this distance.

Hoping we can get some more reporting from on the ground soon.

Look at all that empty space waiting on a theme park. Can anyone identify where the workers and heavy equipment is at?

The equipment and tons of markers were where the Big Arrow is in Bio's pic. I have some pics from the ground the other day. You can also see in that pic where land has started to be moved at the top left just below the water treatment plant. The are mounds of dirt starting to form there.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
The equipment and tons of markers were where the Big Arrow is in Bio's pic. I have some pics from the ground the other day. You can also see in that pic where land has started to be moved at the top left just below the water treatment plant. The are mounds of dirt starting to form there.
Never thought I'd be so happy to see dirt moving.:)

This is not directly related to the expansion, but will definitely help traffic at I-Drive and sand lake/i4:

The Diverging Diamond style interchange is only in a few spots in Florida, but I'm sure it'll terrify tourists (but be very good overall). The fact turkey lake gets its own ramp is worth it though.

The first intersection like that in Florida was over in Sarasota 3 years ago.

Last edited:
This is not directly related to the expansion, but will definitely help traffic at I-Drive and sand lake/i4:

The Diverging Diamond style interchange is only in a few spots in Florida, but I'm sure it'll terrify tourists (but be very good overall). The fact turkey lake gets its own ramp is worth it though.

The first intersection like that in Florida was over in Sarasota 3 years ago.

Seems like the new "it" thing for FDOT. They are building one just north of Jax @ A1A and 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.