Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YES!! thank you, this was the exact example I was looking for but couldn't.

I'd watched this a few weeks back after finishing The Looming Tower (Highly recommended btw). It was just good timing.

My first complete write-up describing nearly the entire ride can be found on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast website!

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Details for New Harry Potter Coaster Coming to Islands of Adventure

Let me know what y'all think!

Excellent write up!

How big is the cave section? This is how I'm imagining it:

cave section.JPG

If that is how it goes, the track is going to be quite well hidden when riding.

Reactions: Alicia
My first complete write-up describing nearly the entire ride can be found on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast website!

Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast : The Rumor Mill: Details for New Harry Potter Coaster Coming to Islands of Adventure

Are you sure there's a slow moving dark ride-type scene before launch #1?

Also it's interesting that a ride vehicle hasn't been nailed down... But in a sense, both sides will be right.

Yea, the encounter with Ford Anglia, but it is outside, just slow moving. Rolling along on tires I assume.

Hmm...I'm gonna bet the encounter moves a bit quicker than that. It would make sense for the effect and I don't think you'll be stopping or slowing down before launch #1. Not until you get to the first break run and that bigger show scene you mentioned.

Reactions: LJGonz
Hmm...I'm gonna bet the encounter moves a bit quicker than that. It would make sense for the effect and I don't think you'll be stopping or slowing down before launch #1. Not until you get to the first break run and that bigger show scene you mentioned.

With the way this coaster will be working and how high the capacity can possibly go, I’d expect this to be a relatively slow segment. Each block is about time, not length and since this is a relatively small amount of track, the speed needs to kept down.

With the way this coaster will be working and how high the capacity can possibly go, I’d expect this to be a relatively slow segment. Each block is about time, not length and since this is a relatively small amount of track, the speed needs to kept down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you get launched out of the station. But you're gonna get kicked out, and then take a curve downwards as you head around to launch #1. I just think it'll be a gravity assist/little boost out of the station rather than a timed show scene like the Hagrid encounter.

Reactions: LJGonz
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you get launched out of the station. But you're gonna get kicked out, and then take a curve downwards as you head around to launch #1. I just think it'll be a gravity assist/little boost out of the station rather than a timed show scene like the Hagrid encounter.
The Anglia is actually scene 3 I think. So who knows what might be seen between ride start and that right turn near the Anglia before first launch.

It seems like there will be 4 non-station blocks, based on the ride description. Probably a ~30 second time for each block give or take. If thats the case, with a 14 person car, we are talking roughly a 1680 hourly capacity.

And I know that wasn't what you were talking about. You just mentioned blocks and capacity and got me thinking.

The Anglia is actually scene 3 I think. So who knows what might be seen between ride start and that right turn near the Anglia before first launch.
Good point. And it's a testament to your work that we can even speculate at such a granular level already :cheers:

I think you've got the layout and general story on lock. It'll be fun over the next year to piece together all the little details, creatures and their manufacturers, and everything else that will flesh this world out.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia

It’s quite a sharp turn out the station. Pacing is key to this coaster and from what @AliciaStella says, it sounds like Universal are getting very creative with it.
I've talked to a few people to think the ride vehicle will be the motorbike/side car themed BUT NOT be a motorbike seating format.

That makes sense and would explain a lot of the confusion about the vehicle. It would be very easy to have a standard train with a big bike facade on one side and a smaller side car facade on the other especially if you’re entering and exiting on the same side (Most likely the lower side car side)

6FCE0307-AFBA-461A-A3D4-7C74E766A364.jpeg

You’ll be exiting and entering to the left of the vehicle so this checks out as well.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Alicia
I've talked to a few people to think the ride vehicle will be the motorbike/side car themed BUT NOT be a motorbike seating format.

So less motorbike, more ATV....Which makes sense for young Sirius Black's motorbike and sidecar. Tried like hell to come up with a good picture of the train and seating, but it was near impossible. You get a few looks here:

Are you sure there's a slow moving dark ride-type scene before launch #1?

Also it's interesting that a ride vehicle hasn't been nailed down... But in a sense, both sides will be right.

Very well written, and was a must read. I worked at BGW, and the track drop on Verbolten was my favorite, except during break downs. I must say I have wrote Verbolten 100 times, since I did work there, and I am looking forward to this coaster more than the any other new coaster for 2019. Thank you so much for your write up, and have you ever looked into writing up designs for new coasters for such companies like Intamin , B&M. Just Saying. Thanks again Alicia, I always look forward to your post and insights. Keep up the Brilliant write ups, post & insights. Is it 2019 yet?

Reactions: youhow2 and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.