Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ride vehicle: Hargrid AA on motor in front of the "side cars" looking train...It's like ET in front of the bikes! I like that to be true but that would be crazy difficult to pull off.

The only stops are the switch to backwards and the drop track right?

Yup. The drop track segment also doubles for getting the train facing forward again.

Ride vehicle: Hargrid AA on motor in front of the "side cars" looking train...It's like ET in front of the bikes! I like that to be true but that would be crazy difficult to pull off.

The idea is solid but if he's appearing in the ride later on then it won't work unless we're bringing up the never dying rumour of an AA on the vehicle getting dragged off it.

Reactions: jtsalien
This ride has all the elements to be a groundbreaking ride. Everything 7D could've been and more.

The reverse into a drop track is incredible. Perfect use of Devil's snare. I'm envisioning something like this:
Hagrid "Lumos!"
*See a light from below* *Track Drops*
Look to your right and see Hagrid (on screen or AA) and he says "That was close. Time to get you back" Then you launch forward out of there.

I am also hoping for a Fluffy AA on the scale and quality of Kong. I believe that could be done.

3 Concerns:
1- First and foremost is Pacing. I really, really, really hope they have good pacing. It could make or break the ride.
2- Story. Almost as important as Pacing.
3- The dark incline. Just sitting in the dark before a drop seems under-utilized. They really have the opportunity to have something in there, even if a screen. Grawp pushing us back. Fluffy knocking us back. Anything except just dark... then go back.

This ride already sounds really good. If they can get pacing and story down, it will be one of the greatest attractions in Orlando. If they don't, they'll just have to settle with really good.

This ride has all the elements to be a groundbreaking ride. Everything 7D could've been and more.

The reverse into a drop track is incredible. Perfect use of Devil's snare. I'm envisioning something like this:
Hagrid "Lumos!"
Look to your right and see Hagrid (on screen or AA) and he says "That was close. Time to get you back" Then you launch forward out of there.

I am also hoping for a Fluffy AA on the scale and quality of Kong. I believe that could be done.

3 Concerns:
1- First and foremost is Pacing. I really, really, really hope they have good pacing. It could make or break the ride.
3- The dark incline. Just sitting in the dark before a drop seems under-utilized. They really have the opportunity to have something in there, even if a screen. Grawp pushing us back. Fluffy knocking us back. Anything except just dark... then go back.

This ride already sounds really good. If they can get pacing and story down, it will be one of the greatest attractions in Orlando. If they don't, they'll just have to settle with really good.

You're not going to have anything "push" an RV yet. They've tried to get things precise enough with Kong that they could prove that it was possible... But it's been a disaster. It can't stay in profile. The tech just isn't there yet.

Now you could have other effects. Projections, lighting, whatever... And I would guess we'd have something. Just nothing too elaborate.

Hagrid "Lumos!"

3 Concerns:
3- The dark incline. Just sitting in the dark before a drop seems lame. They really have the opportunity to have something in there, even if a screen. Grawp pushing us back. Fluffy knocking us back. Anything except just dark... then go back.

Totally with you aside from the Story point. I just could not care less about theme park ride stories. As long as the ride is fun, I’m totally on board

Totally with you aside from the Story point. I just could not care less about theme park ride stories. As long as the ride is fun, I’m totally on board
For the most part I agree. There is something to be said to the details in a story that you notice after many rides.

Took me awhile to notice the details on Gringotts after battling Voldemort. Harry tells Hermione to cut them loose, she does a spell and we hear the chains snapping. Nice little details.

Reactions: Andysol
You're not going to have anything "push" an RV yet. They've tried to get things precise enough with Kong that they could prove that it was possible... But it's been a disaster. It can't stay in profile. The tech just isn't there yet.

Now you could have other effects. Projections, lighting, whatever... And I would guess we'd have something. Just nothing too elaborate.

"Push" you in the same way the Trolls in Gringotts do.

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.