(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It boggles my mind that there's even any question why B&T ended. The show had lots of close calls over the years and after Hollywood's got cancelled mid season everyone was always worried the Orlando one would as well. Then it finally happens and everyone thinks it's because the theater is being demolished or other reasons, it's just crazy. The show was a big liability and we were lucky to have it as long as we did. This was the big reason the MoM rumor didn't line up for me. The rumor sprung up immediately after the announcement of B&T ending as if in reaction to it rather than from a legitimate source. If there had been rumblings of this beforehand and then the announcement came I could see that confirming this, but this just seemed to be a guess more than anything. Also losing a venue doesn't equal losing a show, so it never even made sense logically.

Huh? There’s been rumblings about MoM since Diagon opened. Coup and Gilmore have outright said they’ve talked a lot about doing it

Huh? There’s been rumblings about MoM since Diagon opened. Coup and Gilmore have outright said they’ve talked a lot about doing it
I meant rumblings of it actually happening. Like if three months before someone said "hey I heard MoM is going to start construction this year" then the announcement came then things would line up. Instead as you say there have been rumblings of this for a long time, so it's very hard to discern wether this was a legitimate rumor originating from a real source or simply an educated guess in response to announcement.

I meant rumblings of it actually happening. Like if three months before someone said "hey I heard MoM is going to start construction this year" then the announcement came then things would line up. Instead as you say there have been rumblings of this for a long time, so it's very hard to discern wether this was a legitimate rumor originating from a real source or simply an educated guess in response to announcement.
I’ll just say that people I trust (here and elsewhere) have told me it is a real project being worked. I do agree that we jumped the gun on it being imminent though

It boggles my mind that there's even any question why B&T ended. The show had lots of close calls over the years and after Hollywood's got cancelled mid season everyone was always worried the Orlando one would as well. Then it finally happens and everyone thinks it's because the theater is being demolished or other reasons, it's just crazy. The show was a big liability and we were lucky to have it as long as we did. This was the big reason the MoM rumor didn't line up for me. The rumor sprung up immediately after the announcement of B&T ending as if in reaction to it rather than from a legitimate source. If there had been rumblings of this beforehand and then the announcement came I could see that confirming this, but this just seemed to be a guess more than anything. Also losing a venue doesn't equal losing a show, so it never even made sense logically.

26 years of Bill & Ted at Orlando yet no big incident , doesn’t seem like a liability to me.

You are so sure of yourself but I’m pretty sure it was a perfect storm of reasons and it just ended up being the obvious decision. Plus like someone else mentioned the price for the rights might have been increased significantly.

26 years of Bill & Ted at Orlando yet no big incident , doesn’t seem like a liability to me.

You are so sure of yourself but I’m pretty sure it was a perfect storm of reasons and it just ended up being the obvious decision. Plus like someone else mentioned the price for the rights might have been increased significantly.
I never said I'm sure of myself, I simply said we have a record of a series incidents that ultimately lead to the USH counterpart of the show being cancelled and lots of restrictions placed on the USF version of the show (no photos and video, little to no media advertising of it, careful scrutiny internally of the script and show) which is why I lean towards believing that was the issue and primary reason it was cancelled. Also I would consider criticism of the political correctness of the show reaching national news to be a somewhat big incident. As you say though it was probably a bit of a perfect storm. We know the contract was up, personally I think this meant it had to go through some executives for renewal who didn't feel comfortable with the liability and figured it was a good time to let it go. My only issue with this rumor is it never really made sense that they would need to cancel the show just because of losing a venue. And now almost a year later that seems to have proven to indeed be false.

It's odd to me that Universal's response to the surprisingly robust D23 was to "switch to things up" instead of "speed things up." I know there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes but at some point, Universal has to show their hand. If there is one thing insiders seem to agree on it's that nearly everything is in a constant state of flux post Potter coaster. I get the sense there are too many cooks in the kitchen and too much second-guessing going on. The Jurassic coaster being the 2020 addition instead of any of the more creative big-ticket additions that were rumored like MoM, Secret Life of Pets, Zelda, Minions dark ride, etc. is odd as well. It's like everything keeps getting pushed back and they needed a turn-key ride they could just plop down into Jurassic Park as a replacement
Maybe the D23 reaction was more in the line of Comcast deciding to fast track the new park, and that in essence created the domino effect of project placement and timelines changes to move some of the intended USF/IOA projects to the new park, and thus substitutes for those also. In other words, the real life Chaos Theory. :)

FWIW I don’t think D23 had anything to do with plans changing. The 450 acre land acquisition did

Universal probably knew about the land acquisition for some time and that's definitely the bigger factor here but I think D23 changed things.

It's odd to me that Universal's response to the surprisingly robust D23 was to "switch to things up" instead of "speed things up." I know there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes but at some point, Universal has to show their hand. If there is one thing insiders seem to agree on it's that nearly everything is in a constant state of flux post Potter coaster. I get the sense there are too many cooks in the kitchen and too much second-guessing going on. The Jurassic coaster being the 2020 addition instead of any of the more creative big-ticket additions that were rumored like MoM, Secret Life of Pets, Zelda, Minions dark ride, etc. is odd as well. It's like everything keeps getting pushed back and they needed a turn-key ride they could just plop down into Jurassic Park as a replacement

I think Universal are the quickest at what they do and I don't think they could have got things made any faster. D23 was 9 months ago and all the projects before then are still coming to fruition.

I’ll just say that people I trust (here and elsewhere) have told me it is a real project being worked. I do agree that we jumped the gun on it being imminent though

I haven't heard anything myself personally but I've been here long enough to see a repeating pattern with these kind of projects. Ideas get thrown about here every day and get discussed for a few days, a week max but a project like this doesn't grow legs out of nothing and result in 38 pages.