(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope that is the case. At the end of the day whether people are "done with Potter" or not, Wizarding World ain't done as far as I can see and Universal have done an excellent job with that side of things in the parks. If it means more quality then I am all for it!
Yeah, but, when are they going to build Men in Black Land? Or a new Back to the Future Ride?

I hope that is the case. At the end of the day whether people are "done with Potter" or not, Wizarding World ain't done as far as I can see and Universal have done an excellent job with that side of things in the parks. If it means more quality then I am all for it!
I'm not a Potterhead. Basically what I know of Potter comes from what I've seen at Universal. And just this year have I bothered to watch the movies. But the quality, entertainment value, sheer beauty, and pure immersion of the Potter lands is something I want more of. It's that excellent. The more Potter quality lands/attractions, the better. Universal does it's best work when they're under the pressure of Warner & Rowling.

Yeah, but, when are they going to build Men in Black Land? Or a new Back to the Future Ride?

They could do worse for me than bringing back Back to the Future in some capacity but I'm in love with those films so I'm a little biased. Should never have been replaced imho but that's another debate!

I'm not a Potterhead. Basically what I know of Potter comes from what I've seen at Universal. And just this year have I bothered to watch the movies. But the quality, entertainment value, sheer beauty, and pure immersion of the Potter lands is something I want more of. It's that excellent. The more Potter quality lands/attractions, the better. Universal does it's best work when they're under the pressure of Warner & Rowling.

Absolutely agreed. It seems like when they have that supervision and pressure they really knock it out of the park. I expect the new coaster to further that belief! I must admit I've always been a big fan. The books came out right at the time I was the same age as the characters. I grew up with it, had every book the day it came out, etc etc. However, similar to your thoughts, I have known people who haven't read or seen a word or sight of it previous and have walked in there and got similar feelings to mine in that thematically it is spectacular and a great place to spend time. If Universal can develop some of that creativity in to everything else they do moving forward with these new parks then the future is bright but it's whether they can do it without supervision.

They could do worse for me than bringing back Back to the Future in some capacity but I'm in love with those films so I'm a little biased. Should never have been replaced imho but that's another debate!

Absolutely agreed. It seems like when they have that supervision and pressure they really knock it out of the park. I expect the new coaster to further that belief! I must admit I've always been a big fan. The books came out right at the time I was the same age as the characters. I grew up with it, had every book the day it came out, etc etc. However, similar to your thoughts, I have known people who haven't read or seen a word or sight of it previous and have walked in there and got similar feelings to mine in that thematically it is spectacular and a great place to spend time. If Universal can develop some of that creativity in to everything else they do moving forward with these new parks then the future is bright but it's whether they can do it without supervision.
Good post. :thumbsup: You hit the nail on the head.

I remember everyone decrying the addition of Diagon before it opened and saying people were "Pottered out". They're not. They keep raking in money and bringing people back to the parks for more. New coaster for Hogsmeade, new attraction for Diagon and the build out is complete for now with possibly more based on Fantastic Beasts in another property. As long as they keep selling wands and butterbeer, Potter is still a wise investment.

Has there been any idea what about kind of ride system, MoM would use?
Dave was saying the tearing down of FF was delayed because the ride system for MoM (possibly that moving theater) was't fully developed yet. Who knows what stage that's in, or if plans have changed with all of this other project moving around going on.

Dave was saying the tearing down of FF was delayed because the ride system for MoM (possibly that moving theater) was't fully developed yet. Who knows what stage that's in, or if plans have changed with all of this other project moving around going on.
Sort of. It wasn't really "delayed". When Mark Woodbury got word that MoM was being pulled to the front burner, he freaked out and wanted FFL closed immediately. He had to be reminded the project wasn't ready to go yet so no need to kill FFL at that time. That was last summer. I haven't heard anything about this project since then. But they have become really good at keeping Potter projects under wraps.

Sort of. It wasn't really "delayed". When Mark Woodbury got word that MoM was being pulled to the front burner, he freaked out and wanted FFL closed immediately. He had to be reminded the project wasn't ready to go yet so no need to kill FFL at that time. That was last summer. I haven't heard anything about this project since then. But they have become really good at keeping Potter projects under wraps.
:thumbsup:...That's what I meant, but you worded it much better than me. :toast:

I have to imagine FFL is like Stitch, actually lowering guest satisfaction scores of anyone who sits through it. It cheapens the park having an ancient, out-of-date IP front and center like that.
I just have never understood how that has survived so long. It must have a real fairy godmother looking after it, probably moonlighting from Disney cause they cut her hours. ;)

I have to imagine FFL is like Stitch, actually lowering guest satisfaction scores of anyone who sits through it. It cheapens the park having an ancient, out-of-date IP front and center like that.

By front and center you mean tucked away in the very back corner of the park? :)

How can such a miscommunication happen?

Spur of the moment, unexpected change in direction, that not even he had anticipated. Emotions happen, thought processes get screwed up when there's something like 20 -30 projects on the table.

Or, it’s not the full truth.

Not saying Dave is making it up, but when things are hearsay, one sided, or a game of telephone passing down 3 sets of mouths- it might not be exactly what happened.

I remember everyone decrying the addition of Diagon before it opened and saying people were "Pottered out". They're not. They keep raking in money and bringing people back to the parks for more. New coaster for Hogsmeade, new attraction for Diagon and the build out is complete for now with possibly more based on Fantastic Beasts in another property. As long as they keep selling wands and butterbeer, Potter is still a wise investment.
There might have been some loud voices but definitely not everyone. Not even the majority. I remember the excitement in the discussion thread as we were all looking forward to this new WW area.

I hated to see Amity go, but replace something with something better and I'm a happy camper. Unless it is MiB. There is nothing better than Men in Black.:)