(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't heard anything about this project in a while.

Last I heard was the ride system hadn't been fully worked out and that was reason Woodbury didn't kill B&T last year.

I hope they don't overthink it. Honestly this could be Universal's Haunted Mansion if done correctly with the set design and immersion taking center stage and the ride vehicles simply taking us through all the iconic locations within. It really doesn't need a revolutionary ride system to be an incredible E-ticket.

I hope they don't overthink it. Honestly this could be Universal's Haunted Mansion if done correctly with the set design and immersion taking center stage and the ride vehicles simply taking us through all the iconic locations within. It really doesn't need a revolutionary ride system to be an incredible E-ticket.
This a million times. New ride systems are great and have given us some amazing new rides over the last few years, but sometimes less is more in that department.

We need a little bit of that Tiki Room Under New Management luck...

If Gilbert Gottfried narrated FFL, I would enjoy it a lot more

That's kind of Universal's thing though, sometimes to a detriment. They like to debut new technology on big E-tickets and then never do any behind the scenes of it, so we can never enjoy or appreciate their accomplishments haha

They also seem to be in the game of blowing the budget on ride vehicles and queues recently

I think @Cheezbat was referring to the "accidental" fire that closed down Under New Management... However, every ride can be improved by adding in Gilbert Gottfried.
That's kind of Universal's thing though, sometimes to a detriment. They like to debut new technology on big E-tickets and then never do any behind the scenes of it, so we can never enjoy or appreciate their accomplishments haha
Here's some decent behind the scenes for Potter rides (among others,) Potter starts at 14:00.

How quickly we forget the conservative leaning media in the USA picking up the rap duel between Obama and Mitt in 2012 and using that.
Yep that was the perfect example of how things can go real bad real quick. The media doesn't care about the truth they only want a good story and "Universal's offensive show" has a great ring to it. Even as a conservative myself I had no issue with that segment, but taken out of context and portrayed in a negative light it becomes a huge deal and next thing you know Universal executives and PR are having to respond to national criticism. Same thing then happened in 2013 for Hollywood with the other political side. It really is amazing (and I'm thankful) it wasn't cancelled sooner.

They also seem to be in the game of blowing the budget on ride vehicles and queues recently
They used to do some back in the day :)

:?:

Universal hasn't used an innovative ride system since 2010 (2014 if you count Gringotts, which is just the Mummy but it spins). Their last 3 rides used either extremely simple ride systems or trams.

Reactions: tankart150
Universal hasn't used an innovative ride system since 2010 (2014 if you count Gringotts, which is just the Mummy but it spins).

Gringotts is so much more than that. :lol:

Their last 3 rides used either extremely simple ride systems or trams.

Kong is trackless and has an AA driver. It's not revolutionary IMO, but to say it's extremely simple/just a tram is not right.

Gringotts is so much more than that. :lol:

Kong is trackless and has an AA driver. It's not revolutionary IMO, but to say it's extremely simple/just a tram is not right.
Ok then 2014 (I haven't been on Gringotts in a while).

Also I see the new systems they use for F&F and Kong but I don't consider them very revolutionary and just feel pretty outdated to guests, even if they cost a lot for Uni to design.

Reactions: tankart150
Ok then 2014 (I haven't been on Gringotts in a while).

Also I see the new systems they use for F&F and Kong but I don't consider them very revolutionary and just feel pretty outdated to guests, even if they cost a lot for Uni to design.

They're evolutionary for sure but they don't heighten the experience which should be the most important factor.

:?:

Universal hasn't used an innovative ride system since 2010 (2014 if you count Gringotts, which is just the Mummy but it spins). Their last 3 rides used either extremely simple ride systems or trams.
If you think a vehicle that drives itself is simple, then yeah

Even VB has a new slide tech and raft system

Reactions: Quint

I think some would argue that the Kong/F&F ride system was pretty innovative with the crab-drive or whatever it’s called plus trackless for Kong.

Trackless adds minimally to the ride experience for the most part, and the crab-drive is certainly pretty unique.

That said, it's certainly a big step up from Kong in Hollywood. Hollywood Kong uses a platform that the tram sits on and the whole platform moves and shakes. Whereas Kong: Skull Island allows each tire to sit on it's own individual hydraulic pillow- so the movement is independent per wheel. Makes more a much more realistic feeling.

But @shiekra38 was right. They seem to blow their wad on Queues and Ride Tech (Fallon ride tech notwithstanding).

If Universal were to demo FFL and not replace it with MoM, what would people want to go there? I think MoM would be great but I read an earlier point about the difficulties of the storyline. Go with FB characters and it may not be as grabbing as if you used the originals. Can't use all the originals because Radcliffe wouldn't do it. However, I think anything Potter will always draw crowds. Screens wise, I think Gringotts has a good mix and so does FB. Something in the middle of those two would make for a great ride experience.

If Universal were to demo FFL and not replace it with MoM, what would people want to go there? I think MoM would be great but I read an earlier point about the difficulties of the storyline. Go with FB characters and it may not be as grabbing as if you used the originals. Can't use all the originals because Radcliffe wouldn't do it. However, I think anything Potter will always draw crowds. Screens wise, I think Gringotts has a good mix and so does FB. Something in the middle of those two would make for a great ride experience.
I don't think anything but MoM is going there

Reactions: Joshua Porter