Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 379 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-roller-coaster-set.jpg
jurassic%2Bworld%2Broller%2Bcoaster.jpg

Ok, he sent me this instead, but how they filmed the gyrosphere part, so maybe Uni new JP or JW coaster could be gyrosphere

Attachments

• jurassic world fallen kingdom roller coaster set.jpg
    jurassic world fallen kingdom roller coaster set.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
You're (probably) getting new animatronic dinosaurs in the river ride to compensate. Just think about that while the rest of us ride our cool roller coaster.:lol:

M03UqhI.jpg

But seriously, I'm glad for those who are excited for this. Obviously, however, I would prefer it to be a ride that looks nice and feels like it fits the atmosphere of the land.

Reactions: Mike S
jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-roller-coaster-set.jpg
jurassic%2Bworld%2Broller%2Bcoaster.jpg

Ok, he sent me this instead, but how they filmed the gyrosphere part, so maybe Uni new JP or JW coaster could be gyrosphere
They used that to get a real sensation of falling in the film, but there’s a green screen behind the actors and all traces of the track was removed, replaced with them falling off a cliff. Good use of practical to get a realistic shot though. And would be fun to ride for sure.

M03UqhI.jpg

But seriously, I'm glad for those who are excited for this. Obviously, however, I would prefer it to be a ride that looks nice and feels like it fits the atmosphere of the land.
It’s a losing battle man. Some here would’ve been fine if DC still loomed over Hogsmeade.

Why would a roller coaster in Manhattan/MSHI or Hogsmeade seem any less out of place then one in Jurassic Park?

I mean, I do think the coasters in New York and Marvel are kind of out of place!

As for what's coming with Potter, that's going to be extensively themed and feature show scenes, landscaping, sets, and everything else. It's also not going to be intruding on the theme and design work of the land.

Reactions: Mike S
They used that to get a real sensation of falling in the film, but there’s a green screen behind the actors and all traces of the track was removed, replaced with them falling off a cliff. Good use of practical to get a realistic shot though. And would be fun to ride for sure.
OMG yes it would, I didn't believe him at first. I would want retake after retake if i was one of the actors. Now though we can see how a gyrosphere train like this could also work somehow for the new coaster(minus the green screen). How fun though if Uni would plan this for the new coaster, plus could work for capacity and sign me up to test ride it. It could work well as a launch and even imagine a Cobra Curse elevator lift up like the dino threw you up and then to spin around and fall towards the water to escape.

M03UqhI.jpg

I’d argue we should wait on commenting on “looking nice” until it’s done, and like I’ve said, I think a coaster more than fits the atmosphere of the land

It’s a losing battle man. Some here would’ve been fine if DC still loomed over Hogsmeade.

I wouldn’t have minded. DC was a ton of fun. What we’re getting will be better, so I’m glad it happened.

What we’re getting in JP is better than what we had (nothing), so again, totally fine with it.

I like the look of coasters tho, not to mention the riding of them, so it’s no big deal to me.

I wouldn’t have minded. DC was a ton of fun. What we’re getting will be better, so I’m glad it happened.

What we’re getting in JP is better than what we had (nothing), so again, totally fine with it.

I like the look of coasters tho, not to mention the riding of them, so it’s no big deal to me.
And I like going to theme parks and feeling like I’m transported to another world with all the “tricks” cleverly hidden to hold up the illusion.

Big steel coasters ruin that.

And I like going to theme parks and feeling like I’m transported to another world with all the “tricks” cleverly hidden to hold up the illusion.

Big steel coasters ruin that.
I believe they can be themed to better fit narrative...Hulk obviously isn't because it fits the land perfectly fine being exposed steel

Reactions: LJGonz
I believe they can be themed to better fit narrative...Hulk obviously isn't because it fits the land perfectly fine being exposed steel
It’s not that it “fits,” it’s that the whole land doesn’t really try to be impressive with all those huge cutouts. It’s very in your face.

Reactions: Andysol
It’s not that it “fits,” it’s that the whole land doesn’t really try to be impressive with all those huge cutouts. It’s very in your face.
Well, for another example, Hippogriff next to Hogwarts has never bothered me really...And the HP Coaster looks great so far...I can't imagine the JP coaster will ruin the theming (more than already has been by HP, ironically)

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Please, you have to give us some insider on what you’ve seen...
Now you know I can't do that.

What was in my original post is likely all I will say on it. I was purposefully being vague. Not because I want to be that guy saying I know something, but can't say... but because I have to be that guy. Not worth it.

I know you guys want info, but it will come in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.