Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 378 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why have a theme park at all... Why not just put a giant Frisbee in Diagon Alley it will be fun!!!

Sometimes, why not make fun of yourself?

I just want minimal theming and/or a story for the coaster... would that be too much to ask?

Jurassic Park is an IP that doesn't NEED a story for a coaster. And even then, just say that some creature is carrying you, as you go on twists and turns.

You don't need a story. And to be honest, any story for a JP Coaster would be cheesy, stupid, or pointless.

It’s not like the area won’t be themed. I used to like the queue for Trike Encounter more than the actual AA Trike at the end. Seeing animal containment boxes, the cow feeding apparatus from JP1, game warden stuff, etc. All very cool for a big fan like me.

Then why have a theme park at all... Why not just put a giant Frisbee in Diagon Alley it will be fun!!!

Theming has nothing to do with "story". Story is this weird fascination 90s/00s WDI and Uni Creative glommed onto for whatever reason.

And again, a Roller Coaster being in Jurassic Park, which is a theme park. It fits in with the theme of the overall land.

Reactions: jtsalien
I agree that a story isn’t required since JP is a theme park in-universe... BUT don’t you think if they built a roller coaster in Jurassic Park that they would “spare no expense” to include some sort of theme or story? I’m talking about getting into the mindset of the fictional people running the fictional theme park here, so maybe it’s getting a little too deep, but it’s something to think about.

I agree that a story isn’t required since JP is a theme park in-universe... BUT don’t you think if they built a roller coaster in Jurassic Park that they would “spare no expense” to include some sort of theme or story? I’m talking about getting into the mindset of the fictional people running the fictional theme park here, so maybe it’s getting a little too deep, but it’s something to think about.
It will be "themed" in that it will have a Jurassic-inspired name and have a themed queue.

you guys are funny... People make simple statements... "I hope this coaster is well themed and/or has an interesting story"... Like the new Potter coaster is/will be and everyone is all... "Why would you want that???!?!?!?!? It's Jurassic Park it doesn't need themed and stories are STUPID!!!

I'm not saying don't build the coaster.... I'm not saying this coaster needs to be an amazing E-Ticket mind blowing experience. I'm saying I hope they can help this fit in well. I for one like the creative side of the parks even if it's cheesey... It's a THEME PARK.

1.) Giant Frisbees are fun don't slam them like that ;)
2.) I need to clarify some points and "story" was the wrong word.

Story is defined as a telling of events, but a plot gives reason. To use a famous quote:

The king died and then the queen died is a story. The king died, and then queen died of grief is a plot.

Theme parks use plot to define why decisions are made in an area. History, people, etc. But mistakes are made when plot is tied to an attraction, such as Gringotts, which is the ride that juggles it the best (but still has major issues with it). The plot of the land dictates it wouldn't have a HUSS Giant Frisbee in it.

A story on a ride works better, there's not much logical to FJ but it works, same for the Haunted Mansion. But in the end there's not plot or justification for anything in the ride. Is anyone wondering the history or justification of the vignettes of HM?

This new ride seems to have a justification in the land, "it's a theme park with dinosaurs so why not have a coaster!", the plot. But just because it doesn't have a story, a series of events, it tells doesn't make it worse. Many rides don't have a story and fit, many rides have a plot and story and don't fit (hi Incredicoaster).

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are funny... People make simple statements... "I hope this coaster is well themed and/or has an interesting story"... Like the new Potter coaster is/will be and everyone is all... "Why would you want that???!?!?!?!? It's Jurassic Park it doesn't need themed and stories are STUPID!!!

I'm not saying don't build the coaster.... I'm not saying this coaster needs to be an amazing E-Ticket mind blowing experience. I'm saying I hope they can help this fit in well. I for one like the creative side of the parks even if it's cheesey... It's a THEME PARK.

Yes and a coaster fits in A THEME PARK.

Also, I will guarantee the new Potter coaster will have nothing close to an "interesting story".:lol:

Reactions: jtsalien
I love everything in that quote from 3 years ago so very much.
I really like the post too, I am currently out in Uni Hollywood, and since we both like the gyrosphere type ride, I found out that actually for JWFK, the part where the characters are in the gyrosphere going off the cliff into the water that they actually built a coaster for these parts. MIND BLOWN. I will see if he can show me again and maybe put it up. Although, I still want my B&M winged coaster.

ALSO!!!! While I'm fired up :p

There were no roller coasters in Jurassic Park, it's sequels, or Jurassic World as far as I remember. All the attractions in the movies focused around viewing the dinosaurs.

Just saying and I"m not opposed to this at all.

Also I do agree Giant Frisbee's are fun :D

I rode one this past weekend and it was terrifying and yet exhilarating

ALSO!!!! While I'm fired up :p

There were no roller coasters in Jurassic Park, it's sequels, or Jurassic World as far as I remember. All the attractions in the movies focused around viewing the dinosaurs.

Just saying and I"m not opposed to this at all.
There was a water park and zip lining area in JW behind the right side of Main Street that didn’t have Dinos. It’s still an all inclusive resort after all!

Reactions: jrn14
Status
Not open for further replies.