Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
screenshot-54.JPG
Been trying to catch up on the last few pages and read everything thoroughly and I kinda came up with something that's rather obvious. It's just a hunch but IF we aren't getting the new Halloween film but we STILL have Halloween, does that mean we're getting Halloween 4. I hate to admit it but Halloween 3 doesn't seem that likely especially since it's been thrown into the 2015 and 2016 Halloween houses.

Poltergeist should be fun but...man. Losing It is such a bummer. Poltergeist should be really cool. At least we still have UCM. That’s all I care about.

I’m not optimistic at ALL about the Purge house. It’s gonna be a total throwaway house, especially this late in the game.

I doubt this year will be as bad as last year, but the recent change in the line up has brought my expectations down. I really, REALLY hope Poltergeist is going to be black wallz.

To be honest...I'd rather have Poltergeist instead of IT.
Same, but I’m worried John might not be able to translate Poltergeist as well as IT since there’s less straight up house material in Poltergeist. Still confident in it though since the clown will probably be terrifying IRL

On the topic of The Purge, the more I think about it the more I think Purge might actually be good. This’ll be the first time John won’t rely on a Gauntlet for Purge and it can actually benefit from tight spaces and the paranoia the Purge was all about. Plus that devil mask and the Quarantine suits from the trailer could be cool. Hoping it won’t be all alleys and black walls though

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If you look at last years tweets from John he posted all was set or that he had finished writing treatments and then in January he casually wrote that he finished another treatment. I beleive that treatment was ToT and it was done because The Conjuring was no longer available. I haven't seen that shift in his tweets this year.

If we are getting The Purge and Poltergeist and not IT or The Thing then I am inclined to believe that neither were that far down the road to begin with. Plus that "political" tweet came a while ago, if I am not mistaken it came before the rumored line up.

I'm just a little confused. Assuming we get 7 houses again, like last year, that means we get the 4 Orlando houses (Halloween, Poltergeist, Trick R Treat and Stranger Things) as well as The First Purge. We're also assuming that UCM is still around. But as 789 brought up, that only adds up to 6. And remember, Murdy said that there are no original houses, only one that "fans will argue about." So are we losing a house this year? Or are we missing something?

I'm just a little confused. Assuming we get 7 houses again, like last year, that means we get the 4 Orlando houses (Halloween, Poltergeist, Trick R Treat and Stranger Things) as well as The First Purge. We're also assuming that UCM is still around. But remember, Murdy said that there are no original houses, only one that "fans will argue about." So are we losing a house this year? Or are we missing something?
I think he was referring to one maze fans will debate whether it's a Original or IP is UCM.

I'm just a little confused. Assuming we get 7 houses again, like last year, that means we get the 4 Orlando houses (Halloween, Poltergeist, Trick R Treat and Stranger Things) as well as The First Purge. We're also assuming that UCM is still around. But as 789 brought up, that only adds up to 6. And remember, Murdy said that there are no original houses, only one that "fans will argue about." So are we losing a house this year? Or are we missing something?

I think some have forgotten a particular maze, one in which I talked about not too long ago.

Perhaps someone should go to a Sanctuary to figure out that maze?

Missing American Horror Story

I think some have forgotten a particular maze, one in which I talked about not too long ago.

Perhaps someone should go to a Sanctuary to figure out that maze?
Missing American Horror Story

Ahh, forgot about Asylum. Alright, that adds up to 7.

UCM, Poltergeist, Halloween, Stranger Things, Asylum, First Purge, Halloween. Alright. Laid out like that, it doesn't sound like a terrible year, especially considering Stranger Things and UCM. Would've preferred the leaked list, tbh, but Poltergeist would be a fun maze.

My instincts say that it's great to see that the only reused IP's this year, are Purge (Which, I am completely ok with it getting a Solo house for Hollywood), Halloween, and AHS.

Outside of that, ST, Polt, UCM (I do NOT count House of Horrors), and TrT are all new for the Hollywood event. And that's not counting the Terror Tram (that should be leaning towards an OC {Original Concept}), Curtains, and the new scarezone's coming.

Reactions: rageofthegods
My instincts say that it's great to see that the only reused IP's this year, are Purge (Which, I am completely ok with it getting a Solo house for Hollywood), Halloween, and AHS.

Outside of that, ST, Polt, UCM (I do NOT count House of Horrors), and TrT are all new for the Hollywood event. And that's not counting the Terror Tram (that should be leaning towards an OC {Original Concept}), Curtains, and the new scarezone's coming.
Curtains? Something you know that we don’t know?

Aww man no Thing? Very dissapointed. However Poltergiest sounds great, but how did we lose The Thing?

If you look at last years tweets from John he posted all was set or that he had finished writing treatments and then in January he casually wrote that he finished another treatment. I beleive that treatment was ToT and it was done because The Conjuring was no longer available. I haven't seen that shift in his tweets this year.

If we are getting The Purge and Poltergeist and not IT or The Thing then I am inclined to believe that neither were that far down the road to begin with. Plus that "political" tweet came a while ago, if I am not mistaken it came before the rumored line up.
Yep. The timeline for Orlando makes it look like IT was lost in about December. Hollywood would have lost it the same time.

Watch us jinx ourselves... smh. I'd be pissed

To note, ;)

That said, I don't have regret's posting the rumor's back in February, and to be frank, the lineup I see now, seems a bit more balanced for Hollywood.

Well that doesn't float my boat at all.
ekQpV59.gif

Reactions: rageofthegods