Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This looks like it can become Orlando's 3rd best nighttime show (after Illuminations and Ever After).

Personally, from what I’ve seen, I don’t see why it can’t end up being the best. Depending on the structure and how well integrated all the elements are, I could definitely see it giving everything else a run

Or you know, something that can actually work for that lagoon like a Fantasmic (Tokyo Fantasmic, to be percise).

Tokyo Fantasmic is bad tho. So nothing like that please.

I have a hard time picturing this topping any of Disneys current nighttime shows except for Rivers of Light, but I’ll be happy if I’m proven wrong.

I haven’t seen HEA, but as someone who finds a 1/3 of Illuminations to be a waste of time, most of Fantasmic to be blah, and the original World of Color the best nighttime show he’s seen, I can definitely see this ending up as my favorite

I have a hard time picturing this topping any of Disney's current nighttime shows except for Rivers of Light, but I’ll be happy if I’m proven wrong.
I don't think they're trying to 'top' anyone...I think they're trying to create a nighttime show that people actually want to stay for

That being said, IllumiNations is changing soon, we'll see how that goes
Happily is a very fireworks heavy projection show (and the best show in Orlando)
HS Star Wars show is great, if you like Star Wars
Fantasmic needs an update
Rivers of Light is very short and takes itself way too seriously

So I think Universal is good to carve its own territory

I don't think they're trying to 'top' anyone...I think they're trying to create a nighttime show that people actually want to stay for

That being said, IllumiNations is changing soon, we'll see how that goes
Happily is a very fireworks heavy projection show (and the best show in Orlando)
HS Star Wars show is great, if you like Star Wars
Fantasmic needs an update
Rivers of Light is very short and takes itself way too seriously

So I think Universal is good to carve its own territory
They don’t have to top anyone. If it’s a good show, people will learn to stay later to watch it. That’s all Universal wants.

Disney and Universal have been competitive and looking to one-up each other in every part of their operations for the last 30 years, which is ultimately only a good thing for visitors. This very much looks to me like universals best stab yet at taking the best nighttime show mantle, but I’m happy if others don’t like to see things that way.

They don’t have to top anyone. If it’s a good show, people will learn to stay later to watch it. That’s all Universal wants.
I think they do best when they live in that space

Disney and Universal have been competitive and looking to one-up each other in every part of their operations for the last 30 years, which is ultimately only a good thing for visitors. This very much looks to me like universals best stab yet at taking the best nighttime show mantle, but I’m happy if others don’t like to see things that way.
I believe the fans make mountains out of mole hills in terms of competition...The teams intermingle more than some give them credit for

This very much looks to me like universals best stab yet at taking the best nighttime show mantle, but I’m happy if others don’t like to see things that way.

Even though we haven't seen the final product, this is like World of Colors step child. I noticed Universals show has the lights to the side. World of Color has them like a doughnut, sounding the water 360 when they move.

disney-california-adventure.jpg

Even though we haven't seen the final product, this is like World of Colors step child. I noticed Universals show has the lights to the side. World of Color has them like a doughnut, sounding the water 360 when they move.

disney-california-adventure.jpg
Form the looks of it, it's not that huge of a difference...I do think the donut LED lights with the moving heads is brilliant, mostly because you can also use it as a moving LED light when the fountain is inactive

Are they going to use any of this equipment during HHN? The projection mapping stuff would be great to use at the very least. I know they've used the lagoon equipment in the past (only seems to last one year, though).

From my pyro experience, looks like that is not the permanent launch spot for the pyro. Too close together and they look like they're on wooden platforms that are meant to be moved around.
Not to derail things, but what was your pyro experience? I've always wanted to get licensed