Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
yet they are ripping out their best water ride & family attraction for a coaster.

They literally just got Battle for Metropolis. Roaring Rapids is a water ride with low ridership. Obviously not their "best". You say they're replacing this for a coaster. For all we know the coaster will head the other direction of the park and this is just for future space. You're just picking at straw men here

They literally just got Battle for Metropolis. Roaring Rapids is a water ride with low ridership. Obviously not their "best". You say they're replacing this for a coaster. For all we know the coaster will head the other direction of the park and this is just for future space. You're just picking at straw men here

Battle for Metropolis is a great attraction. I loved it. But I was speaking in regards to their water rides. Come on, you don't think RR is their best water ride? So Tidal Wave is better? At least we still have Jet Stream. But who knows how long we'll have that attraction.

I was reading on another reliable site that Roaring Rapids is being removed to make space for the 2019 coaster. Throw in the cost of operating the attraction and space, I'm sure it was an easy decision for the park to make.

It's basically the Log Jammer/Full Throttle situation all over again. Another green space bites the dust.

Reactions: alias8703
Battle for Metropolis is a great attraction. I loved it. But I was speaking in regards to their water rides. Come on, you don't think RR is their best water ride? So Tidal Wave is better? At least we still have Jet Stream. But who knows how long we'll have that attraction.

I was reading on another reliable site that Roaring Rapids is being removed to make space for the 2019 coaster. Throw in the cost of operating the attraction and space, I'm sure it was an easy decision for the park to make.

It's basically the Log Jammer/Full Throttle situation all over again. Another green space bites the dust.

Just because we are losing something, that doesn't mean something is going to be automatically going to that spot.

In the future, probably, but Roaring Rapids is an attraction that isn't exactly cheap to run. And that, it's not as popular as the other two in the park, but that's more due to proximity of that around other things.

Log Jammer, though, was the gold for water rides to me at SFMM, right in-front of Jet Stream.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and chris.g
PS It's funny how the roles are reversed now. The guys that were advocating for more non-coaster attractions are thrilled that a non-coaster is being replaced by a coaster & I'm now the one advocating for this fun family attraction to stay in favor of a coaster. #irony

PS It's funny how the roles are reversed now. The guys that were advocating for more non-coaster attractions are thrilled that a non-coaster is being replaced by a coaster & I'm now the one advocating for this fun family attraction to stay in favor of a coaster. #irony

Oh trust me, there's more being on the table for 2019 than just the coaster that get's me excited.

Cyclone Bay..is not a great area. And I am glad that they are going in, and to hopefully give it a DCU/Colossus County Fair level shakeup.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and chris.g
Log Jammer, though, was the gold for water rides to me at SFMM, right in-front of Jet Stream.

I agree with this.

Just because we are losing something, that doesn't mean something is going to be automatically going to that spot.

Again, I'm just basing it from a reliable news source that is stating RR is being removed to make more space for a massive coaster.

In the future, probably, but Roaring Rapids is an attraction that isn't exactly cheap to run. And that, it's not as popular as the other two in the park, but that's more due to proximity of that around other things.

I'm lamenting not just the attraction, but all the greenery & water features that we are most likely losing.

True, Chris said it was one of the most expensive attractions to run. It makes fiscal sense to close down the attraction, but IMO it will be a subtraction to the overall park experience.

Hey, if I wanted water attractions, Hurricane harbor is right next door... just saying...

Yeah, as other parks with water-parks right up their property are getting expansions to complement the loss of water-based attractions from their parks.

Knotts and California's Great America (rumor, mind you for next year) come to mind real quick in thinking about that.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Hey, if I wanted water attractions, Hurricane harbor is right next door... just saying...

Alrighty, with that logic I'm sure you'll be happy once they rip out Tidal Wave & Jet Stream and make it a completely dry park. That'll be great on those hot summer days.

@Freak It's funny that you liked his post considering you just said that you didn't want any more water rides @ SFMM to be taken out.

Alrighty, with that logic I'm sure you'll be happy once they rip out Tidal Wave & Jet Stream and make it a completely dry park. That'll be great on those hot summer days.

@Freak It's funny that you liked his post considering you just said that you didn't want any more water rides @ SFMM to be taken out.
What did the water rides and flat rides do to you man? Did they burst in and pee on your rug?

Last edited:
What did the water rides and flat rides do to you man? Did they burst in and pee on your rug?

10201233.png

Of course SFMM could benefit from water rides. Doesn't mean thats what they should strive on if HH is right next door. Again your straw man arguments are incredibly obvious. You cherry pick to have your way here man.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Couldn’t the park contact Intamin on replacing the old launch system with a modern one for Superman: EFK? Sure, it’ll mean changing the bottom on the cars, but this seems like an affordable option plus, the ride can return to its full speed and height!