Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Screamscape is saying it's a possible racing Mack coaster, which is like.... whhhhhh

Yea I just read it. But he even acknowledges that he's pretty unsure at this point.

I have absolutely no clue to what it can be, other than it's not a giga as alluded by Chris. Here are my top 3 guesses:

1. Hydraulic Launch Coaster
2 Wing Coaster (Unlikely)
3. Dive Coaster (Unlikely)

Screamscape is saying it's a possible racing Mack coaster, which is like.... whhhhhh

I think you are not taking into that Lance seems to distance the two apart from each-other, as opposed to having them both be what it is.

Alexander M. Bush confirmed that it wasn't a T-Rex...

That was my first thought too, but nah.

Honestly, I think people will be rather fond of what it is, and will appreciate it more than the T-Rex Single Rail.

My other guess would be a mega-woodie from RMC similar to Goliath or the new coaster going in to Energylandia in Poland. I know the park already has Twisted Colossus but Six Flags has a good relationship with the company and as shown by SFFT, they’re not afraid to put two RMC’s in one park.

If the rumors from Screamscape hold any weight that it’s something from Mack, I’m not sure what it could be. A multi-launch seems redundant given the park already has Full Throttle, and the park already has a hyper in Goliath. Maybe it’s an Xtreme Spinner similar to Time Traveler?

Reactions: chris.g
Scrambler has reopened!

EDIT: I'm hearing 4th of July weekend as closing day for Roaring Rapids (forever) and Apocalypse for the season.

This pretty much confirms that SFMM is a coaster park. Taking out the best water ride for a coaster makes sense if you only care about coasters.

Kinda bummed about it, but I understand what kind of park MM is. Really wish they would rip out Tidal Wave already.

Whoa. Just saw a photo update by California Coaster Kings.

The new Boardwalk area is looking niiiiiiice...

Cyclone Bay in its current state looks like an abomination. Lol

Scrambler has reopened!

EDIT: I'm hearing 4th of July weekend as closing day for Roaring Rapids (forever) and Apocalypse for the season.
That's a little soon before making an official announcement. It sounds like they're about to pull a Log Jammer. Any updates on CraZanity opening?
This pretty much confirms that SFMM is a coaster park. Taking out the best water ride for a coaster makes sense if you only care about coasters.

Kinda bummed about it, but I understand what kind of park MM is. Really wish they would rip out Tidal Wave already.
Tidal Wave needs to stay. Without Roaring Rapids, it's just Jet Stream. The parks needs some water rides to stay cool.

That's a little soon before making an official announcement. It sounds like they're about to pull a Log Jammer. Any updates on CraZanity opening?

Tidal Wave needs to stay. Without Roaring Rapids, it's just Jet Stream. The parks needs some water rides to stay cool.

I know, but Tidal Wave is super lame. Last time I went on it I didn't even get wet. It's only when you're standing on the bridge watching the ride is where you get SOAKED.

Also, it's over like in a minute. So dumb of SFMM to be taking out their best water ride and keeping their worst one.

I know, but Tidal Wave is super lame. Last time I went on it I didn't even get wet. It's only when you're standing on the bridge watching the ride is where you get SOAKED.

Also, it's over like in a minute. So dumb of SFMM to be taking out their best water ride and keeping their worst one.

Rapids rides, are fun, but I would highly prefer Bigfoot Rapids over Roaring Rapids on any day. Not to mention, Roaring Rapids, takes up quite a bit of space that could actually benefit backstage, and serve as a possible future expansion plot for the future of the park.

I do agree with you, but I'd strongly suspect it's a matter of location, cost (Roaring Rapids is reputed to be quite expensive to run, being one of the first generation rapids rides), and space more than what's the "better" ride. Welcome to the world of economics and real estate.

I do agree with you, but I'd strongly suspect it's a matter of location, cost (Roaring Rapids is reputed to be quite expensive to run, being one of the first generation rapids rides), and space more than what's the "better" ride. Welcome to the world of economics and real estate.

I think Roaring Rapids' removal might be SFMM's smartest move in a while. Gotta pay for that new Tatsu paint job somehow....

Also I'm hearing Superman's LSMs are become way too costly as of late since Intamin doesn't manufacture the type S:EFK runs on anymore. Could another overhaul such as the one seen in the video the park sent out be in store?

Last edited:
I think Roaring Rapids' removal might be SFMM's smartest move in a while. Gotta pain for that new Taste paint job somehow...

Also I'm hearing Superman's LSMs are become way too costly as of late since Intamin doesn't manufacture the type S:EFK runs on anymore. Could another overhaul such as the one seen in the video the park sent out be in store?

I get the feeling people are going to get mad as I say this, but I would be perfectly fine if EFK saw itself out completely, and that they can just have something new and family oriented taking that area.

I'm lamenting not just the ride itself, but all the greenery we're going to lose in the process. We both know that all or most of the trees are going to be taken out and replaced with cement. So we're losing another green space of the park.

I'm not disputing the numbers about the costs. I just find it amusing that Chris mentioned to me a while ago that SFMM primary focus is no longer just about coasters & yet they are ripping out their best water ride & family attraction for a coaster.

I get the feeling people are going to get mad as I say this, but I would be perfectly fine if EFK saw itself out completely, and that they can just have something new and family oriented taking that area.

What is EFK?

Gotta pain for that new Taste paint job somehow...

Wat8.jpg