Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone have any information as to whether A&D uses Sketchup to create the haunted houses for HHN? I am debating on what program to start learning for my future in the theme park industry. Thanks!
Yea they use SketchUp. I’ve been creating houses in SketchUp for years for my portfolio. It’s very easy to learn and is great for theme park design. Definitely master it if you’re looking at A&D.

Yea they use SketchUp. I’ve been creating houses in SketchUp for years for my portfolio. It’s very easy to learn and is great for theme park design. Definitely master it if you’re looking at A&D.
Wow! Thank you so much. I am only 16, but I have had this dream to work for Universal since I was 10 years old. I started designing my own haunts on a site called Roblox. It is becoming a bit too kiddie for me now and I am looking for real world programs. Thanks for the awesome info on SketchUp! I will look to master it in the years to come.

Wow! Thank you so much. I am only 16, but I have had this dream to work for Universal since I was 10 years old. I started designing my own haunts on a site called Roblox. It is becoming a bit too kiddie for me now and I am looking for real world programs. Thanks for the awesome info on SketchUp! I will look to master it in the years to come.
Having a dream this young is something not everyone has. Follow them!!!!

So basically the rundown on zones is:

- The Harvest: Production Central
- Twisted Tradition: Central Park
- Vamp ‘85: New Years Eve: New York
- Killer Klowns From Outer Space: In front of Transformers & in Sting Alley?
- Chucky: Hollywood

Is this correct or are there errors?

- Coach = SS22
- Surprise =MiB Tent
- Fireball = SS21
- Feature = Shrek Theater
- Dynamite =Parade Building
- Poison =SS24B
- Ragtag = SS24A
- Zero = Sprung Tent 1
- Snacks = Sprung Tent 2
- Meteor = New Parade Building

Are these locations correct?

Last edited:
They could get very abstract with a Poltergeist maze. There could be multiple appearances by the clown doll in which he is constantly in the background, and then towards the end, use the mirror trick (the Caretaker one). While they don't want to overuse the statue trick, a room full of clown dolls would freak a lot of people out. Also, walking the hallucination scene could be a hallway of rotting "meat" with the guy peeling his face off popping out.

Last edited:

Having a dream this young is something not everyone has. Follow them!!!!

Wish I had a dream that young / followed my own dream instead of being led to the engineering degree I was told to

Wish I had a dream that young / followed my own dream instead of being led to the engineering degree I was told to
I know a few engineers who work for Creative and Imagineering, and I think there's a couple within A&D too.

They only use SketchUp to mock out houses/zones. It's an inexpensive way for them to get spacing and flow. They use it to place scareactors, mannequins, drapery, props, etc. The actual house plans are built using traditional engineering tools for conversion to construction plans, wiring diagrams, etc. So, SketchUp is not a "be all, end all" program. Hell, from my understanding, most of the A&D team have theater backgrounds (I know Patrick and Mike do). A good amount of the actual design work for HHN is contracted to freelancers outside of Universal.

- Coach = SS25
- Surprise =MiB Tent
- Fireball = SS22
- Feature = Shrek Theater
- Dynamite =Parade Building
- Poison =SS24B
- Ragtag = SS24A
- Zero = Sprung Tent 1
- Snacks = Sprung Tent 2
- Meteor = New Parade Building

Are these locations correct?

Coach is in 25 and Fireball’s in 22(where Shining was).

They could get very abstract with a Poltergeist maze. There could be multiple appearances by the clown doll in which he is constantly in the background, and then towards the end, use the mirror trick (the Caretaker one). While they don't want to overuse the statue trick, a room full of clown dolls would freak a lot of people out. Also, walking the hallucination scene could be a hallway of rotting "meat" with the guy peeling his face off popping out.

I feel like they might pull an Exorcist with Poltergeist since both of them have Maze material, but might need abstract portions to stretch it out

Could Meteor might be themed around a sewer? Pickle Rick clue checks out. And the moon as the only source of light, well, no lights in a sewer and they could make the roof of the haunt look like sewer drains to give the impression that we're under ground. We could see monsters similar to Hollywood's Exterminatorz scarezone.

So as far as what we know for Meteor - Will be in B108S(New Parade Building), will be lit by a single moon, possibly darker than DE in parts, and also a hint a while back that said “Dinosaurs weren’t the only things that went extinct”. And also that the viral nature of the Pickle Rick meme is a good thought process to solving Meteor.

Maybe a Prehistoric house after the extinction?

So as far as what we know for Meteor - Will be in B108S(New Parade Building), will be lit by a single moon, possibly darker than DE in parts, and also a hint a while back that said “Dinosaurs weren’t the only things that went extinct”. And also that the viral nature of the Pickle Rick meme is a good thought process to solving Meteor.

Dodo bird house confirmed

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
So as far as what we know for Meteor - Will be in B108S(New Parade Building), will be lit by a single moon, possibly darker than DE in parts, and also a hint a while back that said “Dinosaurs weren’t the only things that went extinct"It's not the dinosaurs going extinct." And also that the viral nature of the Pickle Rick meme is a good thought process to solving Meteor.

FTFY

EDIT - And besides, I already spoiled a set-piece for this house.

EDIT 2 - I really don't know why this hasn't been figured out yet, though. The answer has been said multiple times.

Last edited:
Ok I'm giving it a shot...

The Pickle Rick clue is said to be really clever. With Legacy stating that some of these R&M clues are a lot simpler than we think, it got me thinking about a theme around people being turned into non-human objects. Think of it as a darker version of Beauty and the Beast, where it could be a curse/alternate dimension that causes humans to morph into random objects.

Also, Meteor... sounds a lot like Meat Eater.

As for the 80s tie in... well I'm stumped on that end.

Maybe this one is Meteor since it seems to match up?
FTFY

EDIT - And besides, I already spoiled a set-piece for this house.

EDIT 2 - I really don't know why this hasn't been figured out yet, though. The answer has been said multiple times.

Guessing this is the house with the
Airplane pieces
in it?

Reactions: Kooks
I assume Meteor is a straight up/“serious scary” house like DE? I’m enjoying the mystery of it, Poison and Ragtag (don’t feel like we have the full story on that one—it’s a carnival junkyard somehow relating to the Hunger Games?)