Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't stress enough how disappointed I was that I was IN Orlando when this thing was open and couldn't make it over there to ride it. UGH. I was looking for possible ways to swing it but just couldn't. Hopefully I can make it out for HHN.

It has officially been announced that Rockit is open and will be open every morning at 10 am. The Grand Opening won't be for a while.

As is STANDARD with soft openings. A few days of limited hours, each building on the day before until it reaches full day operation. THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS OUT OF SOFT OPENINGS. It is not.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

The magic carpet can turn on at anytime but they won't turn it on with only 3 trains because its pointless. The technical rehearsals sign is no longer up. Why are you so sure its still in technicals? Universal is sure making a point to tell everyone that its no longer in technicals.

I wish the real world was as simplistic as your vision.

There's MUCH more to it than just flipping a switch. You're also incorrect that they wouldn't be using it with three trains. They would; it WOULD increase capacity AND had it been operating for the time being, they'd be running FOUR trains, NOT three.

Since it's NOT operating, there's no point in running more than three because they just stack.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I can't stress enough how disappointed I was that I was IN Orlando when this thing was open and couldn't make it over there to ride it. UGH. I was looking for possible ways to swing it but just couldn't. Hopefully I can make it out for HHN.

Dude- I would have picked you up. Why did you think I asked if you had any means of obtaining a ticket? :)

ITT: People think they know something about Rockit, and Chris let's them know what is really happening.

Also, Patrick and Ryne complain.

From that same Rockit employee posted a few minutes ago:
We are officially open as of today. This is the dumbest thing I've seen Universal pull since I've been there. We are nowhere near ready to open this thing and we were told by Ops Management this morning that we were actually opening FOR REAL, hence the lack of tech rehearsal signs outside today. There were none. Now we have no excuse to tell guests when they get off and their music didn't play. They wait in line for 2-3 hours watching a video that tells them how to pick each song, and when they finally get up there, nothing happens. It's extremely stupid and I have no idea what the hell they were thinking. It really sucks, but I really don't know what to tell you guys. Look at it this way, now you know what time were opening for sure.

It is open, no technicals, believe what you want.

It really is. There's no reason to run it with only 3 trains. Once they buck it up to the 5th, then it can be used the way it was intended to be.

What it really is is incorrect. If the magic carpet was operational, they'd be running four trains without stacking. It's not ready yet - hence the ride still being in technical rehearsals.

I can't believe that a week ago, people complained that they still couldn't ride Rockit, and now that it's open, they found a whole new set of things to complain about.

OK people, I come home to all this mess....

Is it open? Yes. So Universal is right. Is it still in soft opening? Yes. Everyone's right. :lol:

Universal is just doing what they can do hype up the coaster since it was marred by months of bad press. Until there is an official "Media Day"...consider it soft opened.

OK people, I come home to all this mess....

Is it open? Yes. So Universal is right. Is it still in soft opening? Yes. Everyone's right. :lol:

Universal is just doing what they can do hype up the coaster since it was marred by months of bad press. Until there is an official "Media Day"...consider it soft opened.

But The Manager At Louis Pizza told me that....... :bang:

I say it won't be actually open until the Grand Immolation of Syd Vinyl.

I still think he could've played a huge role in this coaster if done properly. Like if Syd was a producer wanting to make a music video on this coaster. But instead of using the bands that he produces for, he wants you to be in it. At least then the ride would have a story/theme. :thumbs:

The Manager At Louis Pizza told me that the train is not "stuck" that they are shooting a commercial with syd vinyl about it being open!!!

I still think he could've played a huge role in this coaster if done properly. Like if Syd was a producer wanting to make a music video on this coaster. But instead of using the bands that he produces for, he wants you to be in it. At least then the ride would have a story/theme. :thumbs:

He would never play a "huge role" because he has nothing to do with the ride. Again, he's the result of a marketing employee who was so out of touch that rather than research the backstory of the ride, he/she made up their own.

So I'm about to head over there at 5. Since it's "Officially Opened" does that mean Express is up and running? 2hr waits are overrated I think ;).

It isn't officially opened. It's marketing hype gone HORRIBLY wrong.

ha, yeah, that's what I figured. It's like they already had told somebody to put the "NOW OPEN!" sign on all the billboards down I-4, but he didn't get the call to cancel..lol

ha, yeah, that's what I figured. It's like they already had told somebody to put the "NOW OPEN!" sign on all the billboards down I-4, but he didn't get the call to cancel..lol

No no - it's ok for the billboards to say it's open because it IS running for park guests daily - as is the intent. Billboards NEVER will say "NOW SOFT OPENED" - it's either COMING SOON or OPEN; there's no gray in that world. The problem is the people from that world are trying to control the big picture of the real world. The two worlds don't always mesh, and this is VERY much one of those times.