Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Man, I’m looking at an overhead shot of the park right now, and it appears like they have no room left to expand in the park. All of the expansion plots have been taken over by Antarctica, Mako, Sesame Street, and Infinity Falls.

Although, they could always use some of the parking lot near Sesame Street, or the backstage area near the entrance. But there’s no room for a coaster unless you do that, especially not for one that goes over the water. So Wave Breaker is not happening.

Shamu Stadium takes up a large plot haha
Yeah get rid of all the animal exhibits and the backstage support they use and this park has tons of room for expansion.
Agreed. I rode once and the seats and some doors were literally being held together with duct tape. It’s not in the best shape.
Haha, me and my wife rode this recently and we couldn't stop hysterically laughing because every time the motion would get a little rough all the doors started opening and slamming.

Wild Arctic needs to go. Even if they keep the animal habitats. The ride needs replacing bad.
I forgot about that "ride"...They need to ditch it quick

Yeah get rid of all the animal exhibits and the backstage support they use and this park has tons of room for expansion.

Haha, me and my wife rode this recently and we couldn't stop hysterically laughing because every time the motion would get a little rough all the doors started opening and slamming.
I wouldn't ditch all of them

The simulator is in bad shape for sure

SeaWorld has lots of expansion room, parking lot, where Mako version 1 was supposed to go, Wild Arctic, Education Pavillions (which are far larger than they need to be), the lake, large pond behind Shamu Stadium etc......

SeaWorld has lots of expansion room, parking lot, where Mako version 1 was supposed to go, Wild Arctic, Education Pavillions (which are far larger than they need to be), the lake, large pond behind Shamu Stadium etc......

I don’t see them building a non-hyper coaster over the parking lot, but I could see them removing a portion of it.

The Wild Arctic plot isn’t big enough for anything non-simulator.

Just making sure, the Education Pavilions are the giant buildings near Wild Arctic, right? If so, I could see them demolishing both WA and some of the pavilions (maybe a portion of the parking lot as well) in favor of a new area with a major coaster.

The lake is mostly used for the live water-shows, but they could fit something small (AKA a Mako-sized section of coaster track).

That pond is interesting, but it’s pretty close to Infinity Falls. I could see them putting some flats there, but nothing more.

It seems they are going clockwise around the park for expansions...Mako, then Infinity, then Sesame all follow a clockwise pattern...Could be just a coincidence

And yes, there is a TON of room by the education pavilions and what looks to be an overflow lot

As I've said before, they should build a multi level parking structure across the road next to Aquatica, have that serve both Seaworld and Aquatica; that would free up space currently used for parking which can then be used for park expansion. Seaworld could maybe use some space by the Bayside Stadium as well, are those pavillions used a lot?

As I've said before, they should build a multi level parking structure across the road next to Aquatica, have that serve both Seaworld and Aquatica; that would free up space currently used for parking which can then be used for park expansion. Seaworld could maybe use some space by the Bayside Stadium as well, are those pavillions used a lot?
I’ve been to private events that use the pavilions. They get used.

There's still plenty of room for expansion, it's just a question of getting creative. Look at San Antonio putting a coaster over the lake...

And they have a LONG history of simply repurposing infrastructure and existing things, and building new things around it like they did with Manta, Antarctica, the Waterfront Shoppes, etc...

The SW/Busch parks are great at re-purposing space. Like someone else said, Manta is a great example of this. They still have a few areas they could work on before they have to look at expanding outside of the current space. Wild Arctic being one and Journey could be a great minor attraction investment if they finally did a rehab on it. Otherwise, I am still waiting for a parking garage across the street from SW. That would open up so much space in the current parking lot. They could still keep room for preferred and handicap in the current parking lot and have space for years of future attractions.