Disney Springs Discussion | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I assume an order of chicken tenders is $7.99, without fries. But given that Earl is up to $11 for a sub/chips/drink with an AP discount, I think this place will do gangbusters. Even if it didn't have the Guy Fieri flare.

The frozen chicken at Harbor House at $9, so I could see them get a combo under $8.

If it is a huge hit, maybe we get a Huey Magoo's in CityWalk 2 :eat:

Raising Cane's!

Had a meal at Chicken Guy! tonight.

We were actually on our way home from the H20 Glow event at Typhoon Lagoon and were thinking of just stopping for McDonalds or something like that, but DS is right next to Typhoon and I figured why not try out this new place.

Waited about 15-20 minutes just to order at 11:15PM. The place is really popular. An employee mentioned that there was about a 45 minute wait for food earlier in the day.Part of it is that it's in a really small location. If it remains popular, it likely will either have to expand or change locations. Also, while the inside seating has air-conditioning and is probably a preferable choice on a hot or rainy afternoon, we were by no means going to eat in there if we didn't have to. It is really loud and echo-y, making for a chaotic environment. Outside is much more peaceful.

I got the Big Bite BLAT Chicken Sandwich (Smoked bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Avocado crema and Buttermilk Ranch). I don't get chicken sandwiches a ton, but this was an exceptional one, especially for a price of only $6.99 ($11.49 if you want a combo). It's far better than anything you will find in a Disney Park and at a cheaper or equal price, I can't recommend against eating here if you are looking for a quality place to eat at a "Cheap for Disney" price point. Oh, and there was a guy who came around pouring sauces to each table and describing what they all were. They were all pretty good.

At the end of the night around closing (midnight) we were given wristbands by someone who seemed to be the manager because "we were among the first 10,000 customers". She was going around to every table handing them out.

qlJktlG.jpg

Tried it with the g/f today, line was only about a dozen people. Credit to it, the line moves, and tables turn over quickly.

We both had the chicken tenders. They're ... fine? I'm not a connoisseur of chicken nuggets, but these were decent enough filets, tho very thin compared to, e.g., Chik-Fil-A. Still, three of them proved filling. The fries, however, are a stand-out. Probably the best I've had at a Disney QSR, or any QSR other than 5 Guys.

Of the four sauces we tried, I skipped, Donkey sauce, not a fan, g/f tried and didn't go back to it. Nashville Hot was ok flavor-wise but too thin and runny for dipping purposes. The clear winners were the Bacon Bourbon Bar-b-que (one of the best bar-b-que sauces I've ever had) and the Garlic Parmesan. Both little ramekins were empty when we finished.

Staff was friendly, got out orders fairly quickly. This place would be pricey in the real world, but honestly felt like a bargain at Springs. Very kid-friendly. The 45-minute lines should disappear once "The Orlando Effect" subsides, but I see this remaining popular.

Tried it with the g/f today, line was only about a dozen people. Credit to it, the line moves, and tables turn over quickly.

We both had the chicken tenders. They're ... fine? I'm not a connoisseur of chicken nuggets, but these were decent enough filets, tho very thin compared to, e.g., Chik-Fil-A. Still, three of them proved filling. The fries, however, are a stand-out. Probably the best I've had at a Disney QSR, or any QSR other than 5 Guys.

Of the four sauces we tried, I skipped, Donkey sauce, not a fan, g/f tried and didn't go back to it. Nashville Hot was ok flavor-wise but too thin and runny for dipping purposes. The clear winners were the Bacon Bourbon Bar-b-que (one of the best bar-b-que sauces I've ever had) and the Garlic Parmesan. Both little ramekins were empty when we finished.

Staff was friendly, got out orders fairly quickly. This place would be pricey in the real world, but honestly felt like a bargain at Springs. Very kid-friendly. The 45-minute lines should disappear once "The Orlando Effect" subsides, but I see this remaining popular.
I would say the fries are better than Five Guys, but i'm also not the biggest fan of their fries. The fries are definitely a stand-out at Chicken Guy.

As you said, the extreme lines will subside, but I still think that an expansion of the building (maybe to come out where the outdoor seating currently is) may need to happen. It's just such a small place. Then again, Earl of Sandwich hasn't expanded and that's a pretty tight space as well (and popular, too).

I would say the fries are better than Five Guys, but i'm also not the biggest fan of their fries. The fries are definitely a stand-out at Chicken Guy.

As you said, the extreme lines will subside, but I still think that an expansion of the building (maybe to come out where the outdoor seating currently is) may need to happen. It's just such a small place. Then again, Earl of Sandwich hasn't expanded and that's a pretty tight space as well (and popular, too).
Haven't seen a ton of pictures of Chicken Guy, but Earl of Sandwich has an unbelievable amount of table space. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the largest counter service places at Disney Springs

Haven't seen a ton of pictures of Chicken Guy, but Earl of Sandwich has an unbelievable amount of table space. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the largest counter service places at Disney Springs
Eh, I guess it doess go fairly deep on the right side of the building. I always eat outside, maybe that's why i'm mis-remembering :lol:

Here's what the inside of Chicken Guy looks like:
chicken-guy-review-disney-springs-08022018-1.jpg

chicken-guy-review-disney-springs-08022018-6.jpg

Most of the seating is outside:
img_6951.jpg

REVIEW: Chicken Guy by Guy Fieri Debuts at Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm doing H20 Glow at Typhoon this weekend so maybe we'll stop in after too, especially since we'd probably look too sloppy to feel comfortable dining at a non-QS there.

I'm doing H20 Glow at Typhoon this weekend so maybe we'll stop in after too, especially since we'd probably look too sloppy to feel comfortable dining at a non-QS there.
Tip: bring a change of clothes in a separate bag so that you feel dry. It’s casual enough that you can feel comfortable wearing flip flops/slides. It really doesn’t get more casual than this at Disney Springs.