Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 391 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
wouldn't next year technically get the same guests and fans that came this year?

No... Word of mouth, people who couldnt make it this year... If its this big this year, you should count on it being even larger next year.

Exactly what he said. Plus, different IP’s will attract different crowds. Like Legacy said, 29 spec is gonna be good...

No... Word of mouth, people who couldnt make it this year... If its this big this year, you should count on it being even larger next year.

My sister and cousin are a perfect example of this. My sister couldn't make it this year but heard (from me) this year was really good so will definitely be going next year. My cousin heard (word of mouth from me) about this event recently and will be going next year.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
...despite Asylum and Coven being the most popular seasons viewership wise. Could've also had to do with the marketing last year being so bad.

And the fact the IP Lineup wasn’t as popular compared to 26’s. It had the return of SAW, Purge, Insidious & AHS, with the new IP’s being The Shining, Ash vs Evil Dead and Sinister. Losing The Conjuring franchise seemed to affect marketing last year since SAW seemed to take its place in the marketing trifecta that also included AHS and The Shining

And the fact the IP Lineup wasn’t as popular compared to 26’s. It had the return of SAW, Purge, Insidious & AHS, with the new IP’s being The Shining, Ash vs Evil Dead and Sinister. Losing The Conjuring franchise seemed to affect marketing last year since SAW seemed to take its place in the marketing trifecta that also included AHS and The Shining

It seems 24 had the most marketable lineup overall. WD was at the peak of its viewership, first official appearance of Mike, and the only time Alien and Predator will be at the event. Thanks Disney (what’s worse is the fact that they’ll probably never actually use Alien at the parks—I’d love for them to kinda sorta bring back AE, ditto with Cranium Command in the form of Inside Out).

It seems 24 had the most marketable lineup overall. WD was at the peak of its viewership, first official appearance of Mike, and the only time Alien and Predator will be at the event. Thanks Disney (what’s worse is the fact that they’ll probably never actually use Alien at the parks—I’d love for them to kinda sorta bring back AE, ditto with Cranium Command in the form of Inside Out).

I’ve always thought 17, 19, 23, 24, & 26(and now 28) had the best IP lineups on paper. If 24 had something else besides Dracula Untold I think it would’ve been one of the better looking lineups.

Also, I wonder if 27’s AHS maze wasn’t as popular since it didn’t have Twisty? He’s if not the most, one of the most well known characters from the show.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I mean AHS the second year didn't attract the same crowds the first year did....

...despite Asylum and Coven being the most popular seasons viewership wise. Could've also had to do with the marketing last year being so bad.

We really comparing AHS to ST?

A fair comparison would be years 22 to 23 with the Walking Dead.

I’ve always thought 17, 19, 23, 24, & 26(and now 28) had the best IP lineups on paper. If 24 had something else besides Dracula Untold I think it would’ve been one of the better looking lineups.

Also, I wonder if 27’s AHS maze wasn’t as popular since it didn’t have Twisty? He’s if not the most, one of the most well known characters from the show.

Jeez, narrow it down some. LOL

27 had the IP that pretty much everyone (myself included) going back to the days of the Vault had been begging for. It turned out to be a decent house, just not a great one. A longer hedge maze, cold effects, better execution of the Grady Twins (see the funhouse scene in CGY), more complete Jack head prosthetics or none at all, and a somewhat abstract interpretation of the axe scenes to allow for quicker reset times (see the clown scenes in Poltergeist) would've put that house over the top.

I'd argue the nun from Asylum is just as iconic. This is coming from someone who's watched just a few minutes of that show combined, of course.

^Yeah, considering AHS was generally past its prime when HHN picked it up, it wasn't going to have the same staying power TWD had and that ST probably will.

EDIT (for post below me): As long as they have the rights to ST and it remains popular, they'll DEFINITELY save ST3 for 30.

Last edited:
I honestly think one of the best and cheapest ways they could help the crowd problem is making HHN versions of some of the rides. It gets more people in those lines and increase their effective capacity. The ideal candidates would the Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror), Mummy (darker, ScareActors), MIB (darker, themed queue, ScareActors), and HRRR (Halloween songs).
Mummy & HRRR both had waits over 100 mins last night and Gringotts at around 75 and F&F at 60. The rides are already getting big wait times.

I think a second, smaller-budget show would've been a good option. As much as I dread thinking of the impact HP might have...

That, or cutting the zone number to four. Traditions, Chucky and Klowns are all good to very good zones. I am not a fan of Vamp '85 or Harvest.

And oh god, please not a substantial price increase.

I loved vamp 85, but the crappy zone in the first street, the one that had stuff from a couple houses along the sides and a couple pumpkin head type guys, that really sucked. I went through it every day we were there in the normal park and the only real difference for HHN was the couple pumpkin guys and some lights.

We basically had only 4 zones THIS year.

I loved vamp 85, but the crappy zone in the first street, the one that had stuff from a couple houses along the sides and a couple pumpkin head type guys, that really sucked. I went through it every day we were there in the normal park and the only real difference for HHN was the couple pumpkin guys and some lights.

We basically had only 4 zones THIS year.
They need to stop making the entry street between Shrek and Minions a zone, full-stop. It’s just too busy and the street is too narrow to pull off anything that’s worth the hassle.

They need to stop making the entry street between Shrek and Minions a zone, full-stop. It’s just too busy and the street is too narrow to pull off anything that’s worth the hassle.

while the zones in this area are not that great, I don't like the idea of this area being completely empty either. thats the entrance to the park and when theres nothing here, it really sucks.
Maybe they can just put the chainsaw guys in here without props next time or have another stage like Chance had but without any other props, maybe just make it a minimalistic zone
as lame as the one this year is, it would be worse having nothing. at least the IP banners are really nice, i really like what they did with those.

I think having the chainsaw guys from Fast And Furious in here next year would work. make this area like the simpsons.
but i really hope they dont just leave it empty, that's really bad when they do that.

Reactions: SeventyOne