Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 390 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly think a good solution would be adding a show, adding more rides, and adding more dates... and possibly increasing the price :whistle:

The logistics of two parks is just too much in my humble opinion... I agree with JS, maybe when park 3 opens, but you need something for the regular guests... they all run over to IOA at 5 when the studios closes. I'd imagine if both parks were closing at 5 or 6 there would be a lot less family bookings for the month. Also this year at the end of the night we walked from Poltergeist to Slaughter Sinema and that was enough of a hike for me after being in the parks for 15 hours let alone heading to Jurassic Park or wherever lol

Reactions: SeventyOne
Am I crazy in thinking that they may have plenty of room for at least a couple houses/zones at a park that could easily close at 5:00pm during the fall...but it might not be within walking distance?

I've always felt they could just remove their lagoons to add more space and rides. They are nice to look at but I rather have more space there for additional rides and room.

I pointed this out years ago in another forum but i was told the lagoons are needed at the park for some reason?

That the lagoons cant be taken out, but i cant remember why

I pointed this out years ago in another forum but i was told the lagoons are needed at the park for some reason?

That the lagoons cant be taken out, but i cant remember why

Well, the IoA lagoon is where all the water for Dudley and Popeye comes from. And both are needed for drainage reasons.

Not to mention they just make the parks look better

Drainage. IOA's lagoon is a reservoir for Dudley and Bluto's. USF won't have its lagoon removed because they just invested in a new show.

Well, the IoA lagoon is where all the water for Dudley and Popeye comes from. And both are needed for drainage reasons.

Not to mention they just make the parks look better

Couldnt they make the USF lagoon smaller? Not drain it completely but make it smaller and open more room?

I keep holding out on getting my tickets/express pass for Sunday the 28th in fear of it raining. But the prices keep going up...

Beginning of September, Express was $100, then $130 in beginning of October and now $150 as of today....at least this year is a huge hit, and these price hikes show Universal knows it!

I went last night and as busy as it was we honestly did just fine and I didn’t feel our night was much different then years passed on less busy nights (this is my 11th year fwiw). We had express but easily did Poltergeist, Scary Tales, Dead Exposure, and TrT without express. Then did all 10 with express. We never waited too long in express lines at all other than SoX being like 30 minutes. Sure, it was a bit crowded in the streets and restaurants and beverage lines but if this is the “worst” then I didn’t think it was that bad. To me everyone with a strategic plan for hitting the houses does just fine on any night with or without express. The panic about the event being too crowded, etc just isn’t warranted imo. If you show up at 7pm w/out expresses expecting to breeze through the lineup then it’s your own fault.

We went on Friday and noticed the crowds but I tend to agree with @Sprung1 in that with Express, it's very doable. We did 7 houses before using our express (and we were in the back of Finn's S&S line to Stranger Things, only waited about 20 minutes being in the back too). Then 9 houses with express, then another 4-5 without towards the end of the night before hitting ST with express a few minutes before closing (walk on w/express).

Reactions: JoeCamel