Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 440 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, just like I outlined in the videos! Personally...I'm ok with them going for the adrenaline junkies route here and less on the theme. We need another good 70+mph attraction in Orlando and I'm all for inversions!
Agreed. Any word on manufacturer, though? We can't seem to agree around here.

I know you and I are on the same page about it being a steel multi-launch, but wonder where you are on manufacturer.

Reactions: RollermanDan
Sea World a threat?

I give it 5 years after Site B’s opening until they go bankrupt and sell SWO’s land to Universal :thumbsup:

Other Sea Worlds won’t see an effect.

Not so much a threat but siphoning off some of that teen/20 something hard thrill demographic. I would guess some of that's already happened the last couple of years with the new coaster at Sea World and no real new hard thrill rides at Universal for a couple of years, closing of DC, along with cheaper admission ticket. ...Why give the competition anything? Fulfill the need yourself and the demographic won't stray........

Last edited:
My tweet is too much, I didn’t mean to creep you out :(

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FHow-I-Met-Your-Mother.gif

zc94t5

Won’t drive attendance like a (possibly) record breaking coaster will, not to mention Uni having a spotty at best track record with those

A dark ride for JP demands a ton of AAs and a big coaster helps keep the budget relatively low which Universal needs as they're about to spend a fortune on a new resort. A coaster like this is the best bang for your buck as far as driving up attendance.

Whether it's an exposed steel coaster or themed well within a small jungle is another thing all together.

Agreed. Any word on manufacturer, though? We can't seem to agree around here.

I know you and I are on the same page about it being a steel multi-launch, but wonder where you are on manufacturer.

I think they got the 2 for 1 deal....but wouldn't be surprised if Mack is an option....would just be way out of left field. I'm giving it like 5% or less chance of B&M...despite my wishes it was. I will say this...give me a Maverick in Florida and I'll be happy.

I think they got the 2 for 1 deal....but wouldn't be surprised if Mack is an option....would just be way out of left field. I'm giving it like 5% or less chance of B&M...despite my wishes it was. I will say this...give me a Maverick in Florida and I'll be happy.

I'd only be happy with a B&M if it was a hyper or inverted because their other offerings recently have become predictable and a little boring. Maybe with a challenging landscape like this, it could give them a chance to get creative but I doubt it. I don't think a hyper coaster is feasible but an inverted coaster like Nemesis that still packs a punch and is wildly creative with theming and use of the land with a small footprint would be my dream for this project.

2 for 1 deal. I like that. :thumbsup:

I'm all for a coaster, but I really, really hope they don't run it across the lagoon side of the Discovery Center and ruin that perfect view from the front of the park. I'm fine with it poking out along the side on either side of the Discovery Center, just have it hop over to the other side (if they're using the blank space on the Watering Hole side) on the Burger Digs side of the Discovery Center. Going over the main path a few times would be a fun way to add a little more excitement to the area.

Reactions: belloq87 and Skold
I'm all for a coaster, but I really, really hope they don't run it across the lagoon side of the Discovery Center and ruin that perfect view from the front of the park. I'm fine with it poking out along the side on either side of the Discovery Center, just have it hop over to the other side (if they're using the blank space on the Watering Hole side) on the Burger Digs side of the Discovery Center. Going over the main path a few times would be a fun way to add a little more excitement to the area.
All indications are it’s heading right in front of the DC, as seen from across the lagoon. It’ll hopefully probably be low enough to as not block the facade much, if at all, as it passes directly in front.

I think that is a given so the coaster adds "kinetic" value to the location. Not much of a loss in my opinion, I like the view of the DC but am not in love with it. Still a theme park construct. Again IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.