Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Wait Time Dataset

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey all,

I've always thought there was some cool data visualization opportunities when it came to theme park wait times. For the past year, I've been collecting wait times every 10 minutes from a whole bunch of theme parks through their apps. I built out a small website called CoasterQueues where you can view spreadsheets with all of the data. I'm getting data from 48 parks, including Disney + Universal.

If any of you are into data visualization or just data geeks in general, please have take a look!

There might be a couple weird issues because many of the parks often change their APIs. If you see any issues, let me know!

(Special thanks to @Brian G. for being cool with me posting this)

Hey all,

I've always thought there was some cool data visualization opportunities when it came to theme park wait times. For the past year, I've been collecting wait times every 10 minutes from a whole bunch of theme parks through their apps. I built out a small website called CoasterQueues where you can view spreadsheets with all of the data. I'm getting data from 48 parks, including Disney + Universal.

If any of you are into data visualization or just data geeks in general, please have take a look!

There might be a couple weird issues because many of the parks often change their APIs. If you see any issues, let me know!

Love this, thanks alot!
One question, what timezone are the times based on please?

Hey all,

Good stuff!!
I've been meaning on developing some fun theme park stuff for awhile... It would be nice to ask Alexa what the wait times look like and if there are any reservations for Ohana available ;)

Good stuff!!
I've been meaning on developing some fun theme park stuff for awhile... It would be nice to ask Alexa what the wait times look like and if there are any reservations for Ohana available ;)
Highly recommend looking into GitHub - cubehouse/themeparks: Unofficial API for accessing ride wait times and schedules for Disneyland, Disney World, Universal Studios, and many more parks for the wait time info. They've built out an amazing JS library for grabbing theme park wait times.

Hey all,

Would you be able to investigate the rows and columns to see which row got pushed out by the datetime column; as they appear under "Lights Motors Action!". Thanks!

Hey all,

You happen to know the timezone that you recorded these in? Some days have wait times at 4AM. Thanks.