Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just hearing @Disneyhead and a few others have me a little nervous.

To be fair, while Dave knows a lot, he is almost always significantly more critical and harsh on Disney than he is Universal. He’s not a fan of the mouse- he’ll be the first to tell you. So take his opinions with a grain of salt.

This land will blow your mind, I’m sure of it.

I would be fine with Ride of the Resistence being of similar “quality” to Flight of Passage. Meaning it doesn’t have to be something we haven’t seen before, but something that is executed perfectly in every fashion, making FoP the best pure simulator out there. Example- we’ve always been hit with wind and water on rides, but their execution of both is perfect; mind blowing and actual mist, not droplets.

So If RotR is similar to Spider-Man but executed significantly better (how that could even be possible as SM is amazing), then you could walk away having your mind blown. I mean, a trackless Spiderman with massive sets, amazing score and a plethora of AAs all with better screens/technology sounds pretty orgasmic to me.

Man do I love Star Wars so I am truly hoping this land and it’s rides blow me away. Me, my wife and daughter as well as my brother and his family and parents have a massive trip planned for Disneyworld for 2020 all because of Star Wars: Galaxies Edge...yet...

Just hearing @Disneyhead and a few others have me a little nervous. Battle Escape/Rise of the Resistance now sounds like Spider-Man but with Kong’s ride vehicles and a few extra AA’s which don’t get me wrong sounds like fun but not a game changer. I was expecting Spider-Man on crack with elements of Forbidden Journey all in the Star Wars universe.

Millineum Falcon/Smugglers Run sounds like Startours and mission space(more hands on) so we have to pilot the ship which could be fun but won’t we also be distracted from the overall ride experience trying to fulfill our duties.

I hope I’m way off base and these rides truly set a new level for attraction experiences but some of the wording has me a little reserved now.

Also I would not be surprised at all if the Potter Coaster is the best new ride in Orlando next year over both Star Wars rides. Hell I would even say the world. Sorry but I’m a realist and from what has been said about it ...well yeah. Would happily be wrong though with Star Wars just blowing it out of the water.

The more great rides and lands the merrier, come on Disney finish the GotG coaster and Tron Coaster by October 2020 pleasePLEASEplase, and happy Football Day.
RotR ride vehicles won't be like Kong's. More like a less active Transformers. But I wouldn't be too concerned about the attraction though. It will have tons of eye candy and effects. I just like being flung around a bit and was hoping they would step up the kinetics. But the Disney demographic is a little wimpy in that regard, so it makes sense they would go that route. Regardless, this attraction will be spectacular.

Which ride started the long name trend? Was it Forbidden Journey?

Terminator 2-3D: Battle Across Time?

Rise Of The Resistance does sound like they cut one of these from the name;
Star Wars: ...”
Battle for Battu: ...”
“... - The Ride

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27
What scares me is that I'm a part of the minority that didn't think Flight of Passage was fun or impressive.. at all... The queue was pretty cool but if Disney is using Pandora as a basis for their attraction standards then I'm not too confident in SWGE. In my opinion, Forbidden Journey is an attraction to be reckoned with and should be what Disney aims to beat.

What scares me is that I'm a part of the minority that didn't think Flight of Passage was fun or impressive.. at all... The queue was pretty cool but if Disney is using Pandora as a basis for their attraction standards then I'm not too confident in SWGE. In my opinion, Forbidden Journey is an attraction to be reckoned with and should be what Disney aims to beat.

Totally agree. The DizNoids and public ate FoP up. Pandora in general is nice, but my God, for the money, I would have expected more.

While I do like FJ, the screens are always too bright and it’s so cartoony.

I actually agree with Mike on that one, the screens make it seem like I'm watching a PS4; they totally take me out of the realism of the ride. If they could get those suckers looking like Flight of Passage's CGI we'd be in business.

Good thing the guy who did Harry Potter is in charge of Star Wars then isn’t it?