Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'll work something out. And just because it's the working name for the park doesn't necessarily mean it's the FINAL name it will open with. Six Flags used the name "Worlds of Adventure", but they no longer do. They might be able to acquire it for use...

I can’t see this even holding up. “People may confuse Fantastic Worlds with Fantastic Beasts.” So no one can call anything fantastic any more?

I'm sure it muddies the waters that they two of their existing parks have Potter elements. Invites confusion that, say, a stand-alone park in Texas would not.

That said, if Fantastic Beasts really coming, I don't know why this beef wasn't squashed internally.

I'll say Universal missed some real opportunities when Disney started cutting their contracted acts. Four 4 a Dollar/Return to Zero, Mulch, Sweat and Shears, etc could have easily shifted into the parks.
I wonder who holds the copyright to those names. Disney or the groups. Id guess Disney, but I don’t know.

I think they'll work something out. And just because it's the working name for the park doesn't necessarily mean it's the FINAL name it will open with. Six Flags used the name "Worlds of Adventure", but they no longer do. They might be able to acquire it for use...
Worlds of adventure with islands of adventure?
I don’t like those together.
But yes, they could use any name and be fine. “Fantastic Worlds” isn’t the be all end all. I wouldn’t be surprised if most people who went to the parks even know “islands of adventure” is the name. They likely just think it’s called “Universal”.

I think Disney does. At least when Billy Hill and the Hillbillies left Disneyland and started playing at Knott's they had to change their name.

The most common line-up of Mulch, Sweat & Shears occasionally plays HoB and other local venues as "American Martian." Four for a Dollar also played Sea World under a different name. I'm not sure how Off-Kilter kept their name, the lead singer founded it at Disney's request.

Here's an article with the entire leaked document in it, (in case anyone wants to attempt to read those two blurry photographs for me lol).

Please do not post any of the images to the forum directly, as that is against the rules, thanks!

Stupid takeaway, but can’t pass up the soap box opportunity for something that confuses and irritates me...

Internally they have now referenced IOA/USF as theme parks and Volcano Bay as a Water Park. That’s a big deal that they’ve moved on.

I really want everyone to refer to this as the third gate/theme park. Not the fourth. Industry standard lingo is important for a reason and not something that gets to be dictated by marketing. All the more confusing when there’s talk about a second water park or an actual true fourth theme park if we don’t refer to things here using the same verbiage and pre-defined terminology.

I really want the thread title edited....0:)

I would love to see when this whole article is actually released so we can all see what’s in store for the fourth park.

Considering it was from a meeting with a closed set of people, we'll be waiting a long time (if ever).

Yes please. I've always hated that people are calling it the "4th"
I really want the thread title edited....0:)

Yeah, i think at this point the time is more due for the thread to change names. Regardless, of how VB factors into the resort structure..

They can call it the 6th gate as far as I'm concerned. As long as they build me something special I really don't care.

I don't know, I don't have a problem with the thread title. It IS Universals 4th park. A water park is a park. If it said Universals 4th THEME park, Then there would be an issue. The "water Theme park" was always just marketing hype.

Not that any of this matters anyway, I'm so excited! This is a great time to be a universal fan!

We are no longer talking about they (they changed their stance), it's now about us.

Language matters. At best its being purposefully obtuse and at worst it's being indignant or prideful to the company down the road. Pride that technically is not even earned.

Calling this the 3rd park (especially theme park or gate) does not make one less of a Universal fan. We can collectively choose to be higher than that as a group and correct a poor marketing convention that never should have flown in the first place.

I am excited for the next theme park and think Volcano Bay is great too. I just think it would be a heck of a lot less confusing if everyone used the standard conventions. Especially when we start talking about future plans for water park 2, or the actual gate #4.

As for the semantics of it just being a park, almost no one refers to Animal Kingdom as the 6th park.

Status
Not open for further replies.