TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Permits were filed the other day for an expansion of a pond in this location (images from Blog Mickey):
org_dsc05689.jpg

Here's the same location in the permit:
tron-pond-2-expansion-permit-close-1024x564.jpg

Reactions: therock
Two questions.

1) Does anyone know if they will put scrims up on the Peoplemover to block the easier views of the Tronstruction?

2) From what I recall, the Tron coaster was built first and then the building added afterward. Does anyone know if that is how they'll build this one or will they build it like Guardians?

I just got done watching TheTimTracker's newest video and I'm honestly surprised they haven't put up anything to block the view from the Peoplemover. You get a pretty good view as you go past the site.

Why would they go through the trouble when you can see the site just fine from Storybook Circus or on Barnstormer anyway? Or if people really want pictures, they could go up on top of the Contemporary. This isn't something they can really block the view of.

I also doubt Disney WANTS to block the view. When people see this construction, they'll get interested and think "what's that for?". It gets the gears turning and I wouldn't be surprised if they put a TRON billboard like the one over at Storybook Circus somewhere right in view from the peoplemover.

I just got done watching TheTimTracker's newest video and I'm honestly surprised they haven't put up anything to block the view from the Peoplemover. You get a pretty good view as you go past the site.

Maybe they are thinking the value of social media posts will outweigh looking like a constriction area. Didn't bother them to wall-e DHS

Reactions: tankart150 and Nick
Maybe they are thinking the value of social media posts will outweigh looking like a constriction area. Didn't bother them to wall-e DHS
And keep in mind that the Speedway reopens in April, so that area will be back to looking as it should relatively soon, anyway. You only see the TRON plot for a split second on the peoplemover.... it's not worth scrims.

And I mean, let's remember, you can see all of the GotG construction from the monorail (including inside of UoE) and they haven't tried to block that. Disney doesn't care. They want people to know that these things are coming to the park and being built.

And I mean, let's remember, you can see all of the GotG construction from the monorail (including inside of UoE) and they haven't tried to block that. Disney doesn't care. They want people to know that these things are coming to the park and being built.

Add the Skyliner and I think Disney are caring less and less about showing behind the scenes.

Reactions: JoeCamel
It probably helps that this is a cloned ride. Things like the new Potter Coaster I get why Universal is so protective.

But yea, Disney likes the interest. I remember the peak through windows on the Mine Train work walls. That was neat.

Yeah, considering everything Disney does is announced way ahead of time, with various blog posts and videos behind the scenes, I really don't think they care. In fact they probably encourage posts on discussion boards to add to the publicity.

Add the Skyliner and I think Disney are caring less and less about showing behind the scenes.
I mean, not much of the "behind the scenes" will be seen from the Skyliner except the back of France, which will be fully themed since it will be the entrance to Ratatouille. The closest you'll get is a quick glimpse towards other parts of backstage World Showcase.

The only difference to me was that they built the GoTG building and are constructing the coaster inside. Actually, one of my questions was also which construction method would they use? The Internet definitely provides free advertising. Heck, Universal doesn't need to advertise the HP coaster as everyone else is doing that for them.

The only difference to me was that they built the GoTG building and are constructing the coaster inside. Actually, one of my questions was also which construction method would they use? The Internet definitely provides free advertising. Heck, Universal doesn't need to advertise the HP coaster as everyone else is doing that for them.
Yep, they would have had an easier build if the GotG coaster went in first then the building around it but they decided to keep it under wraps.

I don't think any coaster is directly connected to the show building it's in.

RnRC, Mummy and Everest are all separate from their surroundings.

Correct. Coaster supports are designed to give/sway slightly under pressure to keep stress to a minimum. Rigidity + Stress = Things Breaking Apart.

So coaster supports don’t interact significantly with other structures (like buildings), because the stress would then be distributed to the building, which would likely crack.