Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 461 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting in this thread but been watching it for over a year now, really excited about how this is coming along.

The new entrance to the queue building definitely looks like the gatehouse but could it be an entrance to somewhere new? FJ uses a very similar style of arch on a rock face which (I believe) isn't in any of the films or books:
8517740261_09652f23b1_b.jpg

Also re the stables in the turn after the station, anyone else think we'll stop in a semi-circle around some sort of Hagrid/creature AA for a story set up? I'm guessing this will be where we get our 'mission' before something goes inevitably wrong in the circular hut?
It's typically Gothic architecture. These arches could span quite some with (there was no use of steel as a support for buildings back than. You see the arch repeated in entrances but also in the rest of the structure. For the entrances they resorted to adding a lot of tat around it to make an impression.
The last one is from a city close to where I live.
depositphotos_66542553-stock-photo-gothic-entrance-portal-of-the.jpg
gotischer-eingang-6659200.jpg
h
IMG_6262.jpg

I find Universal inventing their own cannon for this coaster to be quite charming and neat

Will their cannon fire straight spherical, canister, or actually use a rifled barrel? Or was it "canon"?

I apologize in advance. I just wanted to tease you a little. I agree that the development of this coaster is excellent. None of the movies (from what I recall) involved a chase scene on Hagrid's motorcycle through the forest or through an abbey. So, when I ride it, I can practically guarantee that I won't be thinking, "Huh, this wasn't in the book at all!!" Plus, this coaster gets the Skibum Seal of Approval (not an official seal but more of just a thumbs up) by having tunnels on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.