Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Made in USJ,

Dumr1COU8AAuQ2x.jpg

Some more slight doubts are starting to creep in on this project as a whole. I'm having concerns with the land itself, not the attractions. Controversial...

1) This is too small, for Japan at least. The actual land envelope for guest access minus the attractions is tiny. Maybe there is better true multi-story utilization, but I think a lot of it is still multi-story for the Yoshi attraction.

They should not build this for Fantastic Worlds. I think it needs a full rethink if they have more generous acreage.

2) I'm starting to think (outside of the main attraction) that this is starting to be reminiscent of Toontown. IP and attractions aside... it is just kind of Toontown with some flats to create a sense of depth. Especially a future toontown with Runaway Railway attached.

Fundamentally I'm starting to see more of Toontown than Diagon Alley. That's not 'bad', but it's not game changing. The saving grace being the kart attraction, obviously.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Some more slight doubts are starting to creep in on this project as a whole. I'm having concerns with the land itself, not the attractions. Controversial...

1) This is too small, for Japan at least. The actual land envelope for guest access minus the attractions is tiny. Maybe there is better true multi-story utilization, but I think a lot of it is still multi-story for the Yoshi attraction.

They should not build this for Fantastic Worlds. I think it needs a full rethink if they have more generous acreage.

2) I'm starting to think (outside of the main attraction) that this is starting to be reminiscent of Toontown. IP and attractions aside... it is just kind of Toontown with some flats to create a sense of depth. Especially a future toontown with Runaway Railway attached.

Fundamentally I'm starting to see more of Toontown than Diagon Alley. That's not 'bad', but it's not game changing. The saving grace being the kart attraction, obviously.
Half of the second story is play areas, tunnels, and interactive spaces you can enter (like Knockturn Alley offshoots). While the first floor courtyard in the middle is kinda small I agree, they’ll be more than just the rides to explore (regardless of age).

Add in Donkey Kong for Orlando and you have a land within a land too.

Reactions: Mike S and brianlo
Half of the second story is play areas, tunnels, and interactive spaces you can enter (like Knockturn Alley offshoots). While the first floor courtyard in the middle is kinda small I agree, they’ll be more than just the rides to explore (regardless of age).

Add in Donkey Kong for Orlando and you have a land within a land too.

Will the donkey kong plot have other content and guest accessible space, or is it basically just a portal to the ride queue?

I definitely think they should have built DK from the get go for Japan (but that kind of makes it more Hogsmeade-like in size). I just worry the whole package is a bit small for Fantastic World's, which everyone keeps talking about about it being a bigger scale park.

I guess the trade off is the scaling in a way is very reminiscent of Disneyland. Which has its clear charm, but it is somewhat contrary to what most new parks need to do today.

I guess to not be so derogatory it's kind of like New Orleans Square, which is lovely, but has big problems managing guests.

Reactions: HPFred
Will the donkey kong plot have other content and guest accessible space, or is it basically just a portal to the ride queue?
It would have a courtyard with a meet and greet, outside shop themed like one from the games, snack bar, interactive area with animatronic talking character and other interactive elements... The courtyard would be surrounded by outside portions of the ride, and the queue would be covered, but somewhat outside I think. Later, a kids jungle play area was to be added on the far right behind the meet and greet as well, so a pretty decent mini-land altogether.

I get your point about the theming. It will probably seem somewhat flat in the main Mushroom Kingdom area, especially since you're just inside a cube with walls on all sides. But jam-packing it all with interactive elements will be pretty neat at least, and there's going to be a lot of recognizable elements from decades of games, which will be great for super fans.

It would have a courtyard with a meet and greet, outside shop themed like one from the games, snack bar, interactive area with animatronic talking character and other interactive elements... The courtyard would be surrounded by outside portions of the ride, and the queue would be covered, but somewhat outside I think. Later, a kids jungle play area was to be added on the far right behind the meet and greet as well, so a pretty decent mini-land altogether.

I get your point about the theming. It will probably seem somewhat flat in the main Mushroom Kingdom area, especially since you're just inside a cube with walls on all sides. But jam-packing it all with interactive elements will be pretty neat at least, and there's going to be a lot of recognizable elements from decades of games, which will be great for super fans.

Ok, that sounds reasonably more spacious!

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia

That interactive talking animatronic better be Cranky Kong.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Doug A.
LCAStudios has posted another well-made concept-art for what he thinks the layout of SNW Japan will look like: USJの任天堂エリアを考察してみた。(いよいよ最終段階) | USJ情報局 L.C.A.STUDIOS ~USJブログ~ USJ Information L.C.A.STUDIOS

Here's a link to his previous fan-render of SNW, for those curious:
USJにできる、任天堂エリアでわかったことを まとめてみる | USJ情報局 L.C.A.STUDIOS ~USJブログ~ USJ Information L.C.A.STUDIOS

I never thought of housing the Yoshi and Mario Kart rides in the same building, that makes sense!

This art does raise the question of what they'll do with the corner of the Mushroom Kingdom that was (originally) supposed to lead into the Donkey Kong Country area, since that may or may not still be coming to SNW Japan.

(Also, this is my very first post here, so....hi everyone! )

Attachments

• DzxS__OUYAAijcG.jpg
    DzxS__OUYAAijcG.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 70
LCAStudios has posted another well-made concept-art for what he thinks the layout of SNW Japan will look like: USJの任天堂エリアを考察してみた。(いよいよ最終段階) | USJ情報局 L.C.A.STUDIOS ~USJブログ~ USJ Information L.C.A.STUDIOS

Here's a link to his previous fan-render of SNW, for those curious:
USJにできる、任天堂エリアでわかったことを まとめてみる | USJ情報局 L.C.A.STUDIOS ~USJブログ~ USJ Information L.C.A.STUDIOS

I never thought of housing the Yoshi and Mario Kart rides in the same building, that makes sense!

This art does raise the question of what they'll do with the corner of the Mushroom Kingdom that was (originally) supposed to lead into the Donkey Kong Country area, since that may or may not still be coming to SNW Japan.

(Also, this is my very first post here, so....hi everyone! )
Welcome to posting on IU.

Reactions: Saxon Thaler
The multi level aspects are really starting to show in the below

9555394d1550842362-2020-neuheit-super-nintendo-world-themenbereich-universal-studios-japan-rps20190222_222824-01.jpeg
Awesome!

I really hope the multi level aspect is something they carry into further expansions at their parks around the world. Wizarding World could have really used the layering for additional room (more seating in restaurant, viewing for nighttime show, general space for lockers, etc), but I guess that's behind us now.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Hey guys, this my first time diving into the nintendo stuff so I wanted to confirm some things about the USJ land
1. its going to be about the same size as hogsmeade
2. two rides a Mario Kart AR ride and a Yoshi Omnimover (built in the same building)
3. there is an expansion plot for a DK coaster

if any of this is incorrect let me know

(also how does this compare to land in hollywood)

Hey guys, this my first time diving into the nintendo stuff so I wanted to confirm some things about the USJ land
2. two rides a Mario Kart AR ride and a Yoshi Omnimover (built in the same building)

1) Yes, more or less
2) Yes, but Yoshi will not be in the same building as Mario Kart
3) Seems to be the case, but who knows if that will happen. There are also rumors that the DK coaster is now a large, thrilling dark ride, so it's possible the reason it did not get built for USJ is that there is not enough space for the new concept.

Reactions: brainleech419

Yoshi and MK are two separate buildings. We don’t know for certain what the expansion plot will be used for.