Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the rumors for the Spaceship Earth redo are exciting...the second half of that ride needs to be completely scrapped, and the finale in "SPACE" needs to come back. Possibly showing a land rover/colony on Mars?

The NEMO rides needs to be completely reworked into something that isn't just cartoon fish saying "NEMO, NEMO, NEMO" over and over again.
The Aquarium needs to be drained and modernized, as does the building.

Journey to Imagination needs to be redone as well. i still don't understand why this ride was changed in the first place. It was a classic dark ride for kids. It's kind of amazing that the ride is based on the movies Flubber and Honey I shrunk the kids, both relics.

I dislike Soarin, but I still like Listen to the Land. So they can leave that building alone.

Test Track is currently the only great ride in Future World. Hopefully Guardians will change that.

Mission Space is boring in "safe mode" and too nauseating in "normal mode"...but like I said, unless they change the ride movie, there isn't much they can do to freshen that up, and the incoming Space restaurant kind of cements it's place.

I see there being a better chance of them ditching the aquarium all together rather than giving it a overhaul.

Imagination is still the big question mark. They *should* just make the pavilion into something relatively close to what it once was. But I just assume they'll shove Inside Out or Wreck It Ralph in there and be lazy

I see there being a better chance of them ditching the aquarium all together rather than giving it a overhaul.

Imagination is still the big question mark. They *should* just make the pavilion into something relatively close to what it once was. But I just assume they'll shove Inside Out or Wreck It Ralph in there and be lazy
Figment himself (if not the Imagination Pavilion), has become far more of a bankable character than anyone in Inside Out or the WiR franchise. They know that Figment sells because they can see it on their spreadsheets. They just don't know what to do. I think it's a bit of split opinions on where the direction of the pavilion should go within WDI that's causing a stall.

Figment himself (if not the Imagination Pavilion), has become far more of a bankable character thank anyone in Inside Out or the WiR franchise. They know that Figment sells because they can see it on their spreadsheets. They just don't know what to do. I think it's a bit of split opinions on where the direction of the pavilion should go within WDI that's causing a stall.

would love if they just "re-made" the old attraction with some modern twists. Bring back Dreamfinder.

Figment himself (if not the Imagination Pavilion), has become far more of a bankable character than anyone in Inside Out or the WiR franchise. They know that Figment sells because they can see it on their spreadsheets. They just don't know what to do. I think it's a bit of split opinions on where the direction of the pavilion should go within WDI that's causing a stall.

I appreciate your optimism.

Reactions: tankart150
New entrance is good, but it’s the kind of “quality of life” improvement that I cannot get excited about (see also: the DHS Hat and the Epcot Wand). Needed, but also something that every fanboy has been waiting to happen for years now.

I’m also still holding out for a full Marvel takeover of Future World. Not trying to steer the conversation into a Marvel/Universal contract rant, but: Plans change, and the new “Play” pavilion could be adapted to just about any other theme. It wouldn’t be the first time Disney changed course.

From this artwork, the projects still seems nebulous. It’s as if Imagineering realizes they have three thrill rides on one side of Epcot, and that they should be putting in something for families/children to break that up, but they’re not sure of the specifics, theme, etc. The concept of “Play” is so broad, but all I can think of is Innoventions-style stuff (the Great Piggy Bank Adventure, Habit Heroes, etc) or the playground from Mission: Space’s exit, so it’s not exactly invoking the most confidence from me.

I appreciate your optimism.
I'm actually not optimistic at all. I think the most likely thing is like you said and it uses the Inside Out or WiR IP or something. But I do know that there are people within WDI fighting to keep Figment around as a part of a new ride and I know that merchandising and marketing loves him. So Figment, at the very least, stands some chance at staying in an overhaul. Maybe it's slim, but my point is there's many people that would like him to stick around.

Hopefully he doesn't just stick around as a nostalgia piece of merchandising.

New entrance is good, but it’s the kind of “quality of life” improvement that I cannot get excited about (see also: the DHS Hat and the Epcot Wand). Needed, but also something that every fanboy has been waiting to happen for years now.

I’m also still holding out for a full Marvel takeover of Future World. Not trying to steer the conversation into a Marvel/Universal contract rant, but: Plans change, and the new “Play” pavilion could be adapted to just about any other theme. It wouldn’t be the first time Disney changed course.

From this artwork, the projects still seems nebulous. It’s as if Imagineering realizes they have three thrill rides on one side of Epcot, and that they should be putting in something for families/children to break that up, but they’re not sure of the specifics, theme, etc. The concept of “Play” is so broad, but all I can think of is Innoventions-style stuff (the Great Piggy Bank Adventure, Habit Heroes, etc) or the playground from Mission: Space’s exit, so it’s not exactly invoking the most confidence from me.
They literally don't have enough to use to do a full Marvel takeover (I think the only viable properties besides GotG would be BH6 and Doctor Strange). But why would you even want Marvel to takeover Future World? Even I draw the line there.

As far as the Play Pavilion goes, there still is two showbuildings in there, so it's *possible* something slightly more substantial than we're expecting could happen. But i'd suggest keeping expectations low.

Last edited:
In 1985 EPCOT Center was my favourit Disney park.
The concept art of the entrance remind me of that time.
Eventually I stopped going to Epcot, it started to taint my memories about this wonderful park.
But I except times change and Disney didn't change fast enough. I hope the park gets a new theme and they go fully for it and don't look back.

The NEMO rides needs to be completely reworked into something that isn't just cartoon fish saying "NEMO, NEMO, NEMO" over and over again.
The Aquarium needs to be drained and modernized, as does the building.

Just tweaking the ride's storyline so the FINDING NEMO characters are giving us - the guests - a tour of the undersea world, culminating in traveling through the real aquarium, would be a big step in the right direction.

I think there's a way to use both INSIDE OUT and WRECK-IT RALPH in the context of a larger, Figment & Dreamfinder-led Imagination ride that's more a throwback to the original incarnation. The IO characters could be used in a scene to visualize the makeup and organization of the human mind, from which imagination springs, while WIR could be used in a scene about how imagination is applied to creative endeavors like video games.

As far as the Play Pavilion goes, there still is two showbuildings in there, so it's *possible* something slightly more substantial than we're expecting could happen. But i'd suggest keeping expectations low.

One of the insiders on Magic said there will be a "significant entertainment offering" inside there, while @Marni1971 has said we shouldn't expect anything that could be qualified as an "attraction."

So I really don't know what it's all going to be. I'd expect there'd have to be something behind that city facade.

I think there's a way to use both INSIDE OUT and WRECK-IT RALPH in the context of a larger, Figment & Dreamfinder-led Imagination ride that's more a throwback to the original incarnation. The IO characters could be used in a scene to visualize the makeup and organization of the human mind, from which imagination springs, while WIR could be used in a scene about how imagination is applied to creative endeavors like video games.

Ugh. If that's what it takes to get a real Imagination ride, I guess

So I really don't know what it's all going to be. I'd expect there'd have to be something behind that city facade.

Meet and Greets. Lots of Meet and Greets.

Pretty much.

But hey, at least they’re using it. Maybe in another 20 years from now we’ll actually get a ride back in there! :doh:

(Seriously, it is a big step just to get the pavilion back in the hands of park ops and away from Seasonal events)
I’m sure that was the plan when they started remodeling the Odyssey building. Lot more open space in there now for festival center stuff.

Reactions: Nick
I’m sure that was the plan when they started remodeling the Odyssey building. Lot more open space in there now for festival center stuff.
Yeah I had mentioned that earlier. The only other issue I see is where do the demonstration events go? I don’t see enough room for merch and demos

Yeah I had mentioned that earlier. The only other issue I see is where do the demonstration events go? I don’t see enough room for merch and demos
They’ve been doing merch at Mouse Gear and outdoor locations last couple fests just fine.

There’s room for a large seminars/workshops space, a couple smaller merch locations and the food counter in there after they knocked down the interior walls and leveled the step down.