Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really happy the corpse is wearing that nice suit, they'll be alive anytime now.

Enough. You're really starting to show your bias. With all that's on the Horizons for Epcot, there's literally more being done to help revitalize this park than any other.

New Entrance
Play Center
Guardians of the Galaxy Ride
Ratatouille Ride
Epcot Forever - 2019
New Illuminations - 2020
New Circlevision Film for China
Updated O Canada Show
Beauty & the Beast Sing-Along
Space-Themed Table Restaurant
New Japan Restaurant

And that's all that's already been announced and probably still more to come. This doesn't even include the Spaceship Earth re-do, which I'm not sure if it's been confirmed officially.

Enough. You're really starting to show your bias. With all that's on the Horizons for Epcot, there's literally more being done to help revitalize this park than any other.

New Entrance
Play Center
Ratatouille Ride
Epcot Forever - 2019
New Illuminations - 2020
Updated O Canada Show
New Japan Restaurant

And that's all that's already been announced and probably still more to come. This doesn't even include the Spaceship Earth re-do, which I'm not sure if it's been confirmed officially.
Yes Epcot is finally getting the attention it deserves. :grin:

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95

New Entrance
Play Center
Ratatouille Ride
Epcot Forever - 2019
New Illuminations - 2020
Updated O Canada Show
New Japan Restaurant

I’ve never been a fan of Epcot. But with the new updates coming to the park I’m VERY excited. Exciting times indeed!

New Entrance
Play Center
Ratatouille Ride
Epcot Forever - 2019
New Illuminations - 2020
Updated O Canada Show
New Japan Restaurant

Which bias?

Last edited by a moderator:

New Entrance
Play Center
Ratatouille Ride
Epcot Forever - 2019
New Illuminations - 2020
Updated O Canada Show
New Japan Restaurant

It appears that Epcot is next on the list after GE is complete....Which it should be

I'd argue that they should be doing both. GE alone will not 'fix' DHS.
They should at least have one more project in the works at DHS. They're literally putting billions into Epcot right now, though (with some projects not announced yet). It's the main focus once Galaxy's Edge wraps up.

So I guess some timeline details were further revealed. The removal of the monoliths will begin "this spring", however the photos on them are being moved to another location, which was not originally announced. The actual location is not known, but it will be outside of the entrance to Epcot. They will be viewable in their new location by the Spring of 2020.

More Details and Timeline Released for Leave A Legacy Monoliths and Epcot Entrance Project - Blog Mickey
THEY NEED TO MOVE THE BODIES AS WELL!! Did we learn NOTHING from watching POLTERGEIST??

So I guess some timeline details were further revealed. The removal of the monoliths will begin "this spring", however the photos on them are being moved to another location, which was not originally announced. The actual location is not known, but it will be outside of the entrance to Epcot. They will be viewable in their new location by the Spring of 2020.

More Details and Timeline Released for Leave A Legacy Monoliths and Epcot Entrance Project - Blog Mickey
We predicted this on the last Park Stop Podcast. Going through the contract it says they only need to be on property and Rob Plays pointed out that only the face plates needed to be, not even the stones. Our suggestions on where to place them were kinda silly.

Reactions: Nick
At this point should Future World get a name change?

I need some clarification. Is the entire west side of innoventions going to be demolished?

Last edited:
At this point should Future World get a name change?

It should, but that would require Disney actually having a vision and theme in mind for it that can be articulated in a couple of words.

"Random and Disconnected Attractions World" would be the most honest name, since that's exactly what it's going to be, but it's not quite catchy enough!

On my podcast I predicted they would level it all and only keep Starbucks on that side. Looks like they're going to level it all and then build a MEGA-STARBUCKS on that side instead.

Surely they're not going to close that Starbucks before there's another one ready to open?

Surely they're not going to close that Starbucks before there's another one ready to open?

Pop-up Starbucks?

There are 5 Joffrey's at the park, I think people could- Who am I kidding, people would lose their minds without a Starbucks.
Starbucks will be moving to The Odyssey building in the interim while demolition/construction is on-going.

Character Spot M&Gs will be moving to ImageWorks (before likely moving to Play Pavilion).

Pop-up Starbucks?

There are 5 Joffrey's at the park, I think people could- Who am I kidding, people would lose their minds without a Starbucks.
I prefer Joffreys myself, but those popups could never handle the volume, never mind the bellends who have 29 ingredient custom orders.

The other interesting part is what to do with MouseGears and Electric Umbrella. It seems like they will stay put for now, but where do they go long term? And BTW, where is Art of Disney going?