Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hadn't thought of how Dog connects to Ghostbusters. Wasn't necessarily something I was thinking of. Not a bad guess though.
My other guess was Evil dead, how Mia kills the dog in the remake. But since we got that IP back in 23, I don't see it coming to HHN29.

I hadn't thought of how Dog connects to Ghostbusters. Wasn't necessarily something I was thinking of. Not a bad guess though.

I would die if Dog was a reference to The Purge masks that had to be changed from “God” to “Dog”.

Just to throw a PG property into the ring why not Scooby Doo lol

Reactions: Kadath
I would die if Dog was a reference to The Purge masks that had to be changed from “God” to “Dog”.

According to Murdy, he said on twitter a while ago that it’s time to give the purge a break. But again, Orlando do things different.
Lol as much as I love Scooby-Doo, it does not have a place at HHN. But that doesn’t mean that A&D can’t get creative and make an original that was influenced by Scooby-Doo’s mystery’s or monsters... In other words make it HHN house/scarezone worthy.

According to Murdy, he said on twitter a while ago that it’s time to give the purge a break. But again, Orlando do things different.
Lol as much as I love Scooby-Doo, it does not have a place at HHN. But that doesn’t mean that A&D can’t get creative and make an original that was influenced by Scooby-Doo’s mystery’s or monsters... In other words make it HHN house/scarezone worthy.

If Scooby Doo came in the same year as House of 1000 Corpses I would be beyond surprised. IMO Goosebumps or Ghostbusters would be the most HHN friendly of all the PG properties from the past few pages unless Poltergeist made a return

If Scooby Doo came in the same year as House of 1000 Corpses I would be beyond surprised. IMO Goosebumps or Ghostbusters would be the most HHN friendly of all the PG properties from the past few pages unless Poltergeist made a return
I personally don't ever want to see a family friendly IP at HHN. But if I had to choose, it would be scary stories to tell in the dark. I'm calling it family friendly since it's based on books for kids, but the movie trailer looks terrifying IMO.

I personally don't ever want to see a family friendly IP at HHN. But if I had to choose, it would be scary stories to tell in the dark. I'm calling it family friendly since it's based on books for kids, but the movie trailer looks terrifying IMO.

True. I feel like there’s a lot of nostalgia behind Goosebumps and Scary Stories that would make it more appealing as some of the stories in both of them are terrifying(The Mask, Tower of Terror, & Headless Kid from Goosebumps, and Big Toe & Harold in Scary Stories are still creepy)

Reactions: Kadath and Allison
I know this is off topic but I figured this was a good place to ask since everybody is hanging out. The fog machines at horror nights tend to make my girlfriend nauseous by the end of the event. I think its the smell. does anybody else get bothered by the machines? (I personally love it) what do you do to get through it?

I know this is off topic but I figured this was a good place to ask since everybody is hanging out. The fog machines at horror nights tend to make my girlfriend nauseous by the end of the event. I think its the smell. does anybody else get bothered by the machines? (I personally love it) what do you do to get through it?

I’s suggest bringing a buff (or hoo-rag) to the event next year and having her wear it around her neck and mouth.

True. I feel like there’s a lot of nostalgia behind Goosebumps and Scary Stories that would make it more appealing as some of the stories in both of them are terrifying(The Mask, Tower of Terror, & Headless Kid from Goosebumps, and Big Toe & Harold in Scary Stories are still creepy)

Goosebumps is (was ?) on Netflix and, imo, it didn’t age as well-The Haunted Mask withstanding as that’s the Goosebumps TV GOAT for me-as AYAOTD?.

That said, to me, there is still so much potential between them all.

To add to the list slightly:

- The Thing
- Resident Evil
- Goosebumps
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space(Balloon Dog)
- Cujo
- Pet Semetary
- The Hills Have Eyes
- Silence of the Lambs
- Literally any ghost movie where the dog dies first
- I am Legend
- The Omen
- The Fly
- Any litany of Werewolf movies

Hopefully one of these has a connection to Johnny Bananas or The Challenge
Definitely agree Challenge might be what we are focusing on here, Legacy did state it is a "hard one" aka a Challenge

Reactions: Kadath

They were apparently this close to using Potter, also a kids' property. Honestly I think a real life take on the villains of "Scooby Doo Where Are You?" would have enough of a nostalgia kick to make it a it, despite a lack of gore. But I suspect the rights situation is a mess. (UOR has rights to movies, but I think WB still owns the cartoons.)

Ok so did a bit of sleuthing.

Johnny Bananas featured in this promo for Scream the TV series.

Most probably far too obvious.

I've been thinking about Scream recently, and how it could apply to the Drill code name.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for a while now HHN has been trying to get the rights to Scream, and for one reason or another it falls through every time. Maybe this time they finally got them, so it's a case of 'this is not a drill, we have Scream.'

I am likely way off base, but Scream seems like one of only a few major horror IPs that have not been done yet.

Or maybe it refers to the drills that the spheres in Phantasm use to kill. Then all my Christmases would come at once.

I've been thinking about Scream recently, and how it could apply to the Drill code name.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for a while now HHN has been trying to get the rights to Scream, and for one reason or another it falls through every time. Maybe this time they finally got them, so it's a case of 'this is not a drill, we have Scream.'

I am likely way off base, but Scream seems like one of only a few major horror IPs that have not been done yet.

Or maybe it refers to the drills that the spheres in Phantasm use to kill. Then all my Christmases would come at once.

I was actually thinking about Phantasm yesterday, since it was the anniversary. Rights seem pretty easy to get to it as well.