Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I don't (at least, not off the top of my head), but give some time I can probably figure it out.
Just did some rough calculations.

Carnival Graveyard took up a space that was about 125'x50'. This isn't precise, but feels pretty close based on some of the other calculations I've done.

Once you start designing houses by dimensions, you start realizing how "small" everything is. Most of my rooms are between 14'-16' square. Walls are rarely more than 10' (unless it's intentionally tall).

Carnival Graveyard took up a space that was about 125'x50'. This isn't precise, but feels pretty close based on some of the other calculations I've done.

Once you start designing houses by dimensions, you start realizing how "small" everything is. Most of my rooms are between 14'-16' square. Walls are rarely more than 10' (unless it's intentionally tall).

Don’t you also have to allow a certain amount of space for fire exits?

Ok so random thoughts.

Sealab 2021. Never seen it but the episode from the gif is season 2 episode 7. One of the most famous season 2 episode 7s is Twin Peaks. The reveal of Laura's Killer.

Bizarro sparks is a head in a floating jar. Return to oz featured changeable heads for Mombi.

Ok so random thoughts.

Sealab 2021. Never seen it but the episode from the gif is season 2 episode 7. One of the most famous season 2 episode 7s is Twin Peaks. The reveal of Laura's Killer.

Bizarro sparks is a head in a floating jar. Return to oz featured changeable heads for Mombi.

Return to Oz is a Disney joint.

Return to Oz is a Disney joint.

This. This every time this movie comes up.

Also, why do Oz again when we just saw it last year? Unless it is a different kind of Oz...
jk-simmons-oz.jpg

An C.G. was a great example on cramming so much into a space that's smaller then you think. That layout made the most out of every inch it had, and it honestly felt like one of the longer houses last year. Conversely, ST:DEA felt like the shortest house of the event in the same SS. No doubt a Catch-22 to the huge two-part façade. (Hallway with tapestries, castle with flying witch.)

An C.G. was a great example on cramming so much into a space that's smaller then you think. That layout made the most out of every inch it had, and it honestly felt like one of the longer houses last year. Conversely, ST:DEA felt like the shortest house of the event in the same SS. No doubt a Catch-22 to the huge two-part façade. (Hallway with tapestries, castle with flying witch.)

I do wish they had made it more wide open.

Well, ST:DEA WAS one of the shorter houses.

The biggest wrinkle is that each house has their tech room built into the design. It's fairly central, about 6'x6'.

Well, ST:DEA WAS one of the shorter houses.

The biggest wrinkle is that each house has their tech room built into the design. It's fairly central, about 6'x6'.

That's what I thought, it was really the only house last year where in the back of my head I was wondering "Wait, it's over already?". Meanwhile Trick r Treat had at least three scenes which felt really big, but length-wise it didn't feel short at all.

----

An as for the clues, admittedly I'm still drawing a blank on the Sealab 2021, unless it's something akin to Project Evilution with hybrids.

As for the Simpsons, I do like the idea it's the UCM since they started out in B&W, but we'd now be seeing them in color. Plus, I'd really like to see a UCM house in the next year or two. I got a feeling it will happen, the question is what year.

Regarding the Sealab clue, forgive me if this has already been theorized and shut down, but could it possibly be C.H.U.D.? Cannibalistic creatures/people living below the surface of the city.

As much hate as mentioning a “modern” horror movie gets on this page it seemed like la llorona to me but I would prefer the nun. The movie wasn’t the greatest but man the atmosphere was creeepy and translating that into a house could be amazing!