Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The lfrit never said his/her clue was for an announcement today TBH, we just all assumed he/she hinted at that.

Last edited:
I mean, the hint given clearly pointed at 4 / 23 with "potential of discovery".

Potential is an interesting word choice. Seems to be hedging his bets. Is he calling announcements or giving us potential timeframes? The first date riddle simply said “Of when it is, they’ll have a say”. And they did “say” something.

We all know announcement dates are easily changed. Many things can contribute to announcements being delayed.

We know announcements need to come earlier this year. The event is starting earlier. Everything needs to be announced by mid-August at the latest. We’ve got, at least, 10 announcements left. 8 more houses, zones, and a show.

If we don’t get an announcement today, it has to be tomorrow if we are getting one this week. There’s no way an announcement will happen on Thursday or after. Avengers will eclipse everything.

*shrugs*

I didn't think La Llorona was THAT bad... then again, I saw the remake of Pet Semetary the Friday before, and I cannot not even explain the level of suck that was that movie. I was furious when I left the theater. So, LL was probably better in my mind than it actually is.

You all have some really interesting ideas and discussion here. Thanks to @Drummanmatt for steering me over here... because that's what I needed was ANOTHER HHN forum to distract me from work. Incidentally, I asked Stephen King directly once why he didn't get involved with HHN.. and he side-stepped the answer (the whole exchange is actually on YouTube LOL). I just don't get it. I love Stephen King, but I shake my head every year when this comes up.

I didn't think La Llorona was THAT bad... then again, I saw the remake of Pet Semetary the Friday before, and I cannot not even explain the level of suck that was that movie. I was furious when I left the theater. So, LL was probably better in my mind than it actually is.

Preach!!!! I know the original isn't perfect and I probably have fond memories because it was one of my earlier horror movies, but OMG the new film was just awful. I really really disliked it and it was a damn shame because it's a fantastic story that really has a lot of depth and darkness and should have been a fantastic movie.

Preach!!!! I know the original isn't perfect and I probably have fond memories because it was one of my earlier horror movies, but OMG the new film was just awful. I really really disliked it and it was a damn shame because it's a fantastic story that really has a lot of depth and darkness and should have been a fantastic movie.

I 100% agree with you! This story scared the crap out of me as a teenager (yes, I'm that old, I read it as a teen when it was released). I liked the original movie (again, I was young). However, the changes and the Purge-like figures they made of the kids going to bury their pets was just so obviously a ploy to make it "scarier". CRAP, I say - CRAP! Don't even get me going on the HUGE change in the story.. and the ending.. OMG, that ending! I sat there in my theater seat literally swearing every curse I knew for about 10 minutes.

Reactions: StrangeP
I 100% agree with you! This story scared the crap out of me as a teenager (yes, I'm that old, I read it as a teen when it was released). I liked the original movie (again, I was young). However, the changes and the Purge-like figures they made of the kids going to bury their pets was just so obviously a ploy to make it "scarier". CRAP, I say - CRAP! Don't even get me going on the HUGE change in the story.. and the ending.. OMG, that ending! I sat there in my theater seat literally swearing every curse I knew for about 10 minutes.
Thank you! I was honestly upset by how bad it was! I still can’t believe there’s people out there that liked it! UGH! Lol

Reactions: hunnylvr
...i kinda liked the remake. HUGE emphasis on kinda. Jud and the girl actress did a good job, but the dad and mom were eh. Some scenes i wish were kept in, and some i would remove (unnecesary masked children, the majoraty of the jumpscares and its ending.) Besides that, it was alright.

Ew, people getting mad over entertainment seriously disgust me. People have different opinions, they like what they like, doesn't make something objectively good or bad. The fact people waste their life complaining about things that don't matter kills me. Seriously people have lost loved ones, been robbed, shot, murdered, etc and you get mad 'cause a movie wasn't what you wanted...ugh, people.

Reactions: CoopF22
Ew, people getting mad over entertainment seriously disgust me. People have different opinions, they like what they like, doesn't make something objectively good or bad. The fact people waste their life complaining about things that don't matter kills me. Seriously people have lost loved ones, been robbed, shot, murdered, etc and you get mad 'cause a movie wasn't what you wanted...ugh, people.

People can go through horrific experiences and still express their disgust over something frivolous.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.