Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 605 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some things I noted:
  • Exterior queue appears to be nearly fully paved and laid out minus one segment of switchbacks before the interior queue. This is likely one of the last things in the project that needs to be finalized. They still have to drill for pylons.
  • Still some landscaping to the west of the queue building needs to occur.
  • I think the wooden thing across from Fluffy is for AA/show programming, not sure what the concrete block is for.
  • Looks like the outdoor ride portion is nearly finalized with landscaping and show elements.
  • As I said earlier the bike restraints don't look final on the one vehicle near the unicorn.
I figure we get a story synopsis and some queue pics soon.

Now that we have the latest set of Aerials- any updates to guesses on Softs? I was thinking Memorial Day might have been possible, but after seeing the work that still needs done (and not being able to see the queue work), I think the June 13th date might actually be the date we see.

Heck, the Sound Barrier painting is taking forever. It looks amazing with the texture... green would've been fine, so they're going above and beyond. But that alone seems to be a couple weeks away from being done.

Now that we have the latest set of Aerials- any updates to guesses on Softs? I was thinking Memorial Day might have been possible, but after seeing the work that still needs done (and not being able to see the queue work), I think the June 13th date might actually be the date we see.

Heck, the Sound Barrier painting is taking forever. It looks amazing with the texture... green would've been fine, so they're going above and beyond. But that alone seems to be a couple weeks away from being done.
Fingers crossed for first week of June, or at least earlier in the week leading to the grand opening, but you just never know with these things.

I have no info and I don't think they know quite yet but I've always bet they'll start TM previews after Memorial Day weekend with Guest previews the week before the Grand Opening. I imagine they'll invite the media and celebs out for grand opening festivities June 11-12.

Reactions: Alicia
What if... maybe that little building by the entrance isn't a shop, because... VOILÀ! There's another shed right by the exit!
And also check it out, now we have a re-ride ramp in addition to the old re-ride stairs!

Gc6MvpO.jpg

KojXpVb.jpg

Ef2tAQf.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand the point of touting Hagrid as the most advance AA at Universal, then showcasing a video of it standing still. I hate making this comparison but Disney and Universal but Disney doesn't hesitate showing their AA's fully moving in mid production. (example: the Shaman from NRJ, TDL's BATB, and SWL's Hondo AA, the list goes on).

From 2016

To be fair, WDI does their most advanced AAs, including all of those you listed, in-house. Universal Creative doesn't do any AA fabrication.

It's likely the Hagrid AA is a product of Lifeformations or Advanced Animations.

Reactions: Andysol
So, is that just mottled paint on the sound barrier walls or is there something with actual 3D texture applied? It just looks like paint to me.

Too, many of those Himalayan cedar trees are looking very very gray and hinky. Are they dying or is it just Himalayan Cedar shedding season?

Last edited:
So, is that just mottled paint on the sound barrier walls or is there something with actual 3D texture applied? It just looks like paint to me.

Too, many of those Himalayan cedar trees are looking very very gray and hinky. Are they dying or is it just Himalayan Cedar shedding season?

I think it's just paint. I mentioned "texture" because it gives the illusion of texture. It looks like a wall of dense foliage. I think they're doing a great job on it.

I also noticed the grayish trees. The green of the netting stood out to me much more because of that. I hope the trees are not dying!

Then there's also the random bluish-green tree(s), like that one to the left of the arrow, which I'm not sure if they're real or fake:

i7fV1dc.jpg

#ConcreteGate2019 is solved as The concrete around fluffy is now nice and stained grey also. Only the sidewalk by dock and transformer are left to stain, then that’s every walkway done.
It is nicer but that’s not all it was. The areas around him look too taken care of. Doesn’t he live in the forest?

Status
Not open for further replies.