Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The introduction into each of the lands is pivotal to the success of this next park. Although Diagon Alley was a major achievement in the theme park world, it left Universal's visitors wanting more. The first time stepping into the land, going through the brick wall and seeing Gringott's bank with the Alley's shops all in the foreground was breathtaking.

Honestly, I don't care what IPs they bring, and really it shouldn't matter beside Nintendo. Nintendo is needed to have people buy a ticket, but they will return for all the lands if they can get that surprising first step into each of the lands.

In order to accomplish that first great impression they need to design the hub to account for all the entrances of the lands. I'm not saying the hub needs to fit the land just that it needs to hide them well. I hope the entrances and the buildings of the lands are hidden, and that the entrances are themed. This seems like a difficult task. For example, if they use the green pipe to enter into Nintendo, how will they make the pipe fit in with the hub?

Maybe the hub will share a feature of all four of the lands. I couldn't help notice some similarities between peach's, shrek's, and dracula's castle. Don't think they will go this route especially since you will miss out in the picturesque view when you enter the land (at least for classic monster you will). I just hope that the hub is designed for keeping the lands out of sight until you are in them and that they make the entrance appropriate for the theme. maxresdefault.jpg Peach's_Castle_side_view.png images.jpg

You don't want the land entrances to be "hidden" from the hub. You want them to stand out. That's how guests remain absolutely certain of the land their entering.

The entrance to Diagon isn't just the brick tunnel, it's actually the entire London Waterfront.

So, for the green pipe into Mushroom Kingdom will stand out by design. A massive viking ship could carry you to Berk. A dark forest could be the entrance to Transylvania and the Classic Monsters and the Arc de Triompth would lead you into Paris and Fantastic Beasts.

You don't want the land entrances to be "hidden" from the hub. You want them to stand out. That's how guests remain absolutely certain of the land their entering.

The entrance to Diagon isn't just the brick tunnel, it's actually the entire London Waterfront.

So, for the green pipe into Mushroom Kingdom will stand out by design. A massive viking ship could carry you to Berk. A dark forest could be the entrance to Transylvania and the Classic Monsters and the Arc de Triompth would lead you into Paris and Fantastic Beasts.

Yes and how will that all make sense in the hub together? IMO, the london waterfront is not what makes the land and I don't consider it to be the actual land. It works to keep the theme of backlot studios themed to different cities, and to hide the themed land.

I am asking for several "london facades" that will work into creating a unique, yet cohesive hub but that hides the lands, like Diagon Alley is hidden. I don't want to see anything of Berk while I am in Classic Monsters.

Yes and how will that all make sense in the hub together? IMO, the london waterfront is not what makes the land and I don't consider it to be the actual land. It works to keep the theme of backlot studios themed to different cities, and to hide the themed land.

I am asking for several "london facades" that will work into creating a unique, yet cohesive hub but that hides the lands, like Diagon Alley is hidden. I don't want to see anything of Berk while I am in Classic Monsters.
And you won't see anything from the other lands while you're in the specific land. The hub is different though, and has a different purpose. Each entrance has to draw guests in and tell the story of what is through the "portal." That means they each need to be unique and visually striking. If they all look like slightly different castles, guests may end up in Far Far Away when they want to go to Mushroom Kingdom. It's much harder to make that mistake when the entrance to Mushroom Kingdom is a massive green pipe, framed by goombas and with a Mario on top.

If the hub is presented as a port city, then an eclectic presentation works. The store fronts that will likely ring the hub are going to block out the the world's behind them.

Plus need a weeny for the land peeking over the façade when viewed from a distance (but not from within another land), like the dragon in Diagon, to act as a draw when viewing from farther away.

Didnt know where to put this. This is the new entrance to Fantasy Springs in Tokyo Disneysea. Its really impressive and I think something this detailed to mark the entrance to worlds in FW would be amazing

Although I love that detail, hope the hub is not just four entrances with something in the middle. Hope the hub is it own world that connects the other worlds.

My prediction:
2023-Fantastic Worlds opens
2024-hotels and citywalk 2.0 are finished with construction
2025-new restaurants and possibly a Sports entertainment sports arena like the NBA experience at Disney Springs
2026-second new water park
2027-Fantastic Worlds opens up the 2 expansion pads of lands with 2 new themed Worlds
2028-new attraction for fantastic worlds
2029-new waterslide attraction for second waterpark
2030-Fourth or Fifth Universal Orlando Park opens

My prediction:
2023-Fantastic Worlds opens
2024-hotels and citywalk 2.0 are finished with construction
2025-new restaurants and possibly a Sports entertainment sports arena like the NBA experience at Disney Springs
2026-second new water park
2027-Fantastic Worlds opens up the 2 expansion pads of lands with 2 new themed Worlds
2028-new attraction for fantastic worlds
2029-new waterslide attraction for second waterpark
2030-Fourth or Fifth Universal Orlando Park opens

I'd say USF and IOA are going to get some major upgrades before a new waterpark, personally - there's a lot of TLC they've been craving.

It’s weird that Universal Studios Beijing is getting a Waterworld themed area and a movie for that franchise hasn’t been rebooted in a good while and still hasn’t. But BTTF can’t comeback in ride form at any universal studios parks. Again looking at TPU’s article maybe Universal is rolling out the wrong IP’s they should switch it up a little bit. Waterworld is a Universal movie so of course it would fit in well with Fantastic Worlds. If Universal can’t come up with any new ideas why not focus on their classic films and revive them as attractions?

It’s weird that Universal Studios Beijing is getting a Waterworld themed area and a movie for that franchise hasn’t been rebooted in a good while and still hasn’t. But BTTF can’t comeback in ride form at any universal studios parks. Again looking at TPU’s article maybe Universal is rolling out the wrong IP’s they should switch it up a little bit. Waterworld is a Universal movie so of course it would fit in well with Fantastic Worlds. If Universal can’t come up with any new ideas why not focus on their classic films and revive them as attractions?
Because Waterworld is already a proven world class stunt show. They can come up with new attractions so reviving old stuff makes no sense when they have plenty of newer IPs to use.

True i just wanted to show this it is pretty cool though even though it’ll never happen....

n1t9hj.jpg
[/IMG]
You bring up BttF too much.

You bring up BttF too much.
Sorry I just miss it I’m done though I just don’t understand why the franchise popularity hasn’t give away and their coming out with a musical it’s been in the works for awhile. So why continue a popular franchise without a sequel which will never happen and continue to make references in other movies? Then do a musical? Or see a flying car in Welcome to Marwen?

Status
Not open for further replies.