Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 312 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If the zone’s story is a viking siege, I doubt there will be anything in the trees. If they’re going a more mythological route (and we’re walking through Ragnarok), they may put lanterns in the trees.

That said, I half expect a viking ship as a massive set piece where last year’s church was and hope they have a blood eagle somewhere.

What about kind of like last year with Twisted Traditions - the story would be that the Vikings landed outside a forest filled with evil mythological creatures. So outside of CP we’ll see their ship and Viking settlement themed props, and then inside CP would be undead “possessed” vikings, goblins, norse mythological creatures etc etc.

I can get behind this.

What about kind of like last year with Twisted Traditions - the story would be that the Vikings landed outside a forest filled with evil mythological creatures. So outside of CP we’ll see their ship and Viking settlement themed props, and then inside CP would be undead “possessed” vikings, goblins, norse mythological creatures etc etc.

I can get behind this.
By why complicate it, when you just have Vikings or Ragnorak?

I don't mean to sound stupid.. but can someone explain to me what is scary or Halloween-like about Vikings? I am just now asking since I can see to type now that my eye roll to the back of my head has re-focused.

I don't mean to sound stupid.. but can someone explain to me what is scary or Halloween-like about Vikings? I am just now asking since I can see to type now that my eye roll to the back of my head has re-focused.
Take a bunch of performers over 6 foot and over 250 lbs. Give them swords and battle axes. Tell them to kill anyone who comes near them.

This is one of the most obvious zones ever.

Kinda sad there won’t be a Blum house this year. Is that weird?

Everyone has different tastes. Personally I thought last years Blumhouse was bordering on awful . On the other hand I was disappointed AHS didn’t return, which a lot of folks seemed to be happy about. Rest easy though, I think its a safe bet that Blumhouse or their properties will return in the near future.

Reactions: snayberry
Take a bunch of performers over 6 foot and over 250 lbs. Give them swords and battle axes. Tell them to kill anyone who comes near them.

This is one of the most obvious zones ever.

Ok ok.. so, it's another of those things capturing a wide range of what scares people. As the wife says.. there is an ass for every seat.

Ok ok.. so, it's another of those things capturing a wide range of what scares people. As the wife says.. there is an ass for every seat.
It’s basically the Purge or any chainsaw zone with different weapons and costumes. Universal’s key draw is super visually-interesting settings. Vikings are uncommon for scares (though I don’t know why) and have a definitive, instantly recognizable look that makes it a great idea for what Universal does.

And, if you really break down a lot of what Uni does, the vast majority of it isn’t “Halloween.” A good bit of it, at first blush, isn’t scary. It’s all in how it’s presented.

Well also you have to look back at 2016's scarezone Lair Of The Banshee, very interesting concept but not something we'd think Universal would go for especially when the banshees they showed us before this zone were The Nightingales.

Kinda sad there won’t be a Blum house this year. Is that weird?
Honestly, after last year, I think it's best to put that house to rest, the first house did really good but had a disappointing sequel, Hollywood's seem to be a bit better, didn't have a good choice of films but it was better than what we were given which were sorta last minute.