Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 590 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it looks like it could hold a lot of weight, seeing there's very heavy equipment moving around on it.

They're doing so well that they have test runs on the bridge already! :)

The other possibility of course is that they’re driving plant and equipment over it during construction on just the plain structure, and that there will be a more ‘decorative’ top layer added once they no longer need to drive all over it?

That's my bet. If it's just 2x4/2x6's, I'm guessing it'll look similar to Lost Continent's bridge when it's all said and done. A couple coats of varnish and some fake wear and tear, it'll do the trick.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Joel
So im guessing there's no chance of this coaster running underneath this bridge as I think was previously speculated? If thats the case then how are they going to cover it with the coaster presumably going over the top of it?
They stopped doing project codenames after Minion Mayhem I believe (Project Dave), as they were too easy to guess. Now they just use the number codenames.

So im guessing there's no chance of this coaster running underneath this bridge as I think was previously speculated? If thats the case then how are they going to cover it with the coaster presumably going over the top of it?

They can still do that if the leaked layout is accurate, which I believe so.

I still think the coaster ends up going below the bridge. Above just doesn't make much sense
Judging by the rumored layout, it looks like it's going over and under the bridge at least once. No way they're cramming it all under the bridge.

EDIT: forgive the crudity of my MS Paint work, but if this is the layout, then it's almost certainly going above and below. I don't see any way they can fit two passes under the bridge in such proximity. I'm thinking blue will be under the bridge, and red above it.
160t1ec.jpg

Last edited:
Something that's bugging me:

I don't know how the bridge will open, as coaster construction also takes place over its connecting path to the rest of the park. Unless they'll open a temp path for the Summer, and then close it up after?

Something that's bugging me:

I don't know how the bridge will open, as coaster construction also takes place over its connecting path to the rest of the park. Unless they'll open a temp path for the Summer, and then close it up after?
Open up the bridge during the Hogwarts shows, have it closed before and after for construction I’m assuming

Reactions: Alicia
The bridge is only necessary for peak season. They probably have it planned out so construction won't obstruct its use.

Also probably another reason said construction will take ~2 years

Are we sure about this? I don’t think there’s any way this is open for guest usage. Yes, it’s much beefier, but it’s ugly as sin.
As I said earlier, they didn’t even use 8x8s, 4x4, 6x6 etc. they simply stack 2x4 or 2x6 on top of each other 8-10 times. And the top itself is 100+ 2x4s next to each other which is (again) strong, but will have tons of variance and is (again) very ugly and (more importantly) very uneven for walking.

It’s built for strength but certainly not attractiveness or guests to see.

Saw Bio's latest pic. I totally agree with your assessment. This is to stage equipment

I think this might be the winner. It would explain why this thing is beefy yet hideous. Final bridge to be constructed after is totally conceivable.

Yes, it is to get the footing drill out there I bet.

Reactions: Andysol
And I was thinking this was the final bridge as my eyes where bleeding because of it's hideous appearance.:'( Thank god for that.0:) So I'm still in a fit over those shoddy dinosaurs that are there but I guess they are machines to build the coaster...are they? :shrug:

Reactions: JoeCamel
Yeah, they are doing way too much work on this for a temp bridge. They may do work off of it or may dress it up. but this isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: alomar
Status
Not open for further replies.