Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well now we’re jumping into a different conversation. Your original post was about fears - implying that’s why we get houses with clowns, dolls, etc. I’ve always stated horror is subjective.

And no, Get Out is a suspense, not horror.
Exactly. Fears equal horror. You can’t have horror without fears. I’m just pointing out what @Legacy said about stuff not being horror is not 100% true.

And Get Out was horror to some.

Exactly. Fears equal horror. You can’t have horror without fears. I’m just pointing out what @Legacy said about stuff not being horror is not 100% true.

Except, it is true. Everything I listed *isn't* horror. Objectively. They are things that, independently, do nothing to invoke fear.

The context that individuals assign to those items changes individual perception - and that context can be created through personal knowledge, experience, or just irrational fear. In that way, anything can become horror. With some imagination.

Then it goes back to my initial post about not being on level playing fields. Fears can amplify horror, but they are not equal. Like I said, a basic porcelain doll can elicit fears out of someone with a Fear of Dolls - but that won't make a scary house; or in an extreme example - we're not going to find a peanut butter haunt due to someone's fear of it.

I'm a weirdo, but I'm exciting for Vikings. I love me some vikings and I know someone carrying around a battle ax could scare me. People who are tall and have big muscles are more likely to scare me than a thin zombie. That's my own personal experience, so I'm very much looking forward to these vikings.

Y’all are overthinking the Vikings way too much.

Vikings can be anything. Zombie Vikings, cannibal Vikings, werewolf Vikings, vampire Vikings. That’s Legacy’s point. All that is being rumored as of now is that it’s Viking related. We have no idea on the twist.

Fear and horror aren’t on level playing fields. Someone can fear a doll as normal as a Barbie, but the creators job is to scare everyone; and a normal doll won’t cut it.

I'm just thrilled to see them doing something different in that area! Plus unlike Bayou of Blood, this won't offend people.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Re Vikings.. you all convinced me. Let me state, for the record, that I have never doubted A&D's ability to scare us all. I look forward to this event every year, and I have never been disappointed (the closest I came to disappointed was when all the streets were the Walking Dead.. but I'm over it). It's not that I lack imagination.. maybe I was just stuck in common tropes, and I needed a little nudging to show me the way. Thank you all.
Come on, you hated Blumhouse last year and said it wasn’t scary and you were disappointed with it. Completely agree with you on it though.

As for the Vikings scarezone, I feel really sorry for the scareactors working it having to (presumably) wear heavy costumes/armour, and wigs, and maybe even fake long beards. The Florida climate is gonna work great with all of that!

Come on, you hated Blumhouse last year and said it wasn’t scary and you were disappointed with it. Completely agree with you on it though.

As for the Vikings scarezone, I feel really sorry for the scareactors working it having to (presumably) wear heavy costumes/armour, and wigs, and maybe even fake long beards. The Florida climate is gonna work great with all of that!
Forty-five on/forty-five off.

Ironically, this conversation feels really full circle with some info I've been planning to spill. I'm just looking for the time to write it all up.

Change of Subject for a minute.

With the new Ghostbusters video game remaster it seems like Sony is all in to promote the franchise on anniversary year, even more reasons to believe the IP coming this year.
My understanding is Sony is looking to milk the 35th Anniversary as much as they can do look forward to other deals coming to light soon!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Happy death day was.... ok. Blum house makes great movies. I think we need a house that’s not the purge and that’s dedicated to one film. A Annabel house would be cool. Or maybe creative needs to think about a dark crystal type house. Ex: evil talking puppets. That would be terrifying. Have the puppets on a speaker and scareactor on a mic and operating the puppets. Custom scares every run through.

Not sure where else to ask this since there isn't a ticket thread yet. The BOGO tickets can be purchased up to and including June 5th?