Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah,

I timed it at 4 minutes from ride actually starting to the real end. But with boarding, sit down, and waiting for turntable to get to exit... likely about 5 minutes in vehicle or so.
It seems that Disney & Universal look at 4 minutes apx. as the sweet spot for ride time, in this present age.

It's in this live stream, towards end:

Seeing so many lightsabers being sold... I would love to see the receipts at end of day on Disney's end... so much money coming in. They'll make their investment back in no time.

Thanks! Now I have something to do at work.

So the reaction/reviews of Falcon are about what I was expecting. Pretty mixed bag and it all depends on your role. I suppose it's a bit sad I had low expectations for this ride. Rise of the Resistance really better come with the heat, now.

My biggest issue with this land right now is that the only ride right now is a simulator. My dad is a huge Star Wars fan and I can already tell you he won’t be riding either ride. At least Pandora has the boat ride. It’s a shame that all the Star Wars rides in existence are simulators. With a land this large in scale it feels like it’s missing a slower pace ride of some sort. In a place like Disneyland this isn’t as much an issue because there are so many slower pace rides outside the land but at Hollywood studios this might result in excitement fatigue.

Reactions: belloq87
So the reaction/reviews of Falcon are about what I was expecting. Pretty mixed bag and it all depends on your role. I suppose it's a bit sad I had low expectations for this ride. Rise of the Resistance really better come with the heat, now.
Screen rides are polorizing these days....I feel Rise will be the Star Wars ride we were wanting

Reactions: HPFred
Watching Tim Trackers live video and I was surprised to see the Star Wars logo on a few products. I knew they weren't going to have any Disney branding for immersion and assumed the same with the SW logo. Not a big deal, just something that caught my eye

Reactions: HPFred and tielo
Watching Tim Trackers live video and I was surprised to see the Star Wars logo on a few products. I knew they weren't going to have any Disney branding for immersion and assumed the same with the SW logo. Not a big deal, just something that caught my eye
Just like how there's the Harry Potter logo on all of the merch, cups, and other refreshments at Wizarding World?

Everything seems to be running perfectly this morning. Check in, guest access, crowds, and all are manageable and smooth. Props to Disney for handling it all well.

Based on some anecdotal info it seems DLR will be soft till general access opens in June at which point the park will be SLAMMED.

I'm lying through my teeth to my wife telling her that it will probably be quiet by the time we visit. :lol:

First half

I trust Len and that is not a good review. Uh oh.

I don't think I've ever seen Len before. Jim Hill looks exactly like I'd imagined through his voice but Len looks nothing like I though.

He looks like one of these guys who looks 30 when he's 18 and will look the exact same until he's 60.

Anyway, like you, I trust his opinion and this is exactly what I feared.

Trying to figure out the ride strategy. Seems like it peaks when new people are let into their reservation but right now it's at 90 min. Earlier it was 30 - 60 min.

Being a BIG Star Wars fan and a 17year old boy who lives for video games/arcade games, I think the land looks incredible and Smuggler’s run looks like so much fun, especially if you’re a pilot. It was definitely geared towards my demographic. I love the interactive element of it too.

I’m going to Disneyland for the first time June 24th-25th. Me and my dad are waking up at 1 AM on the 24th and camping outside. Wish me luck please. I’m not ready. I’ve never done an opening day of ANYTHING. And this is gonna be the biggest one out there

Trying to figure out the ride strategy. Seems like it peaks when new people are let into their reservation but right now it's at 90 min. Earlier it was 30 - 60 min.

Wait until hour 2 or 3 of your reservation. The line spikes whenever there's overlap between boarding groups.

A few opinions from the outside:

Droid Shop looks awesome. Lightsaber Shop is ... fine... but that $200 kills a lot of it for me.

Cantina looks like a big whiff.

Falcon looks fun but flawed. When wait times start to really increase, the flaws may be heard more.

Land as a whole looks incredible. I kinda like the "No BGM decision".

A few opinions from the outside:

Droid Shop looks awesome. Lightsaber Shop is ... fine... but that $200 kills a lot of it for me.

Cantina looks like a big whiff.

Falcon looks fun but flawed. When wait times start to really increase, the flaws may be heard more.

Land as a whole looks incredible. I kinda like the "No BGM decision".

Starting to come down with the same opinions, to be honest. I think I'd find the Sabers more compelling at $100 or even $120. $200 is nuts, especially without a meatier show experience (which really demands an animatronic appearance or two).

The Cantina looks nice but is ultimately just a souped up version of the Scum & Villainy bar in Hollywood, which is honestly disappointing. There needed to be more capacity (probably two additional rooms of similar size) and the restaurant. Also... some actual entertainment beyond R3X. A band. Aerial dancers. So on.

I think early resistance (heh) to Falcon might taper once Rise opens. Falcon feels like a much more compelling companion experience versus a main event.

The Cantina looks nice but is ultimately just a souped up version of the Scum & Villainy bar in Hollywood, which is honestly disappointing. There needed to be more capacity (probably two additional rooms of similar size) and the restaurant. Also... some actual entertainment beyond R3X. A band. Aerial dancers. So on.
I’m curious if the capacity issues continue for the cantina, which is highly likely if there would be any room in the resistance forest area for them to add an underground speakeasy type cantina. (A phase 2 similar to Toy Story) This is just from looking at videos on the ground there seems like there is space they could add something but the building for ROTR may take up too much space.