Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This may seem bad, but am I right in saying that if the TM would want to go so badly during the black out days, they could just pay separately? I mean value for money wise, having 29 dates available for them is still a really, really good job perk, and they could make the most of that. Maybe I’m just being insensitive, but in the UK, jobs like that don’t come with those sort of benefits. If this happened in the UK, we would probably only have access to the preview night and none of the others.

This may seem bad, but am I right in saying that if the TM would want to go so badly during the black out days, they could just pay separately? I mean value for money wise, having 29 dates available for them is still a really, really good job perk, and they could make the most of that. Maybe I’m just being insensitive, but in the UK, jobs like that don’t come with those sort of benefits. If this happened in the UK, we would probably only have access to the preview night and none of the others.
Tbh, I’m surprised that TM free access throughout lasted as long as it did for HHN.

im a n00b at HHN so im sorry if this is a silly question but what does 3D mean when it comes to houses?

This is the flip side. They do tout benefits like this a lot and I know people that work HHN just so they can get into the psalms for free and also see the event on their days off. The 12 days isn’t a huge make or break for most, but once they start creeping into September, I know people who said it’s not worth it to put up with being a Team Member at that point.

Naturally I told them Universal will just find people to replace them rather easily, but they don’t care. They said they’d rather pay for a FFP at that point, to which I responded that’s EXACTLY what Universal wants. On top of helping with crowding, this will weed out the TMs that are willing to pay to get in over working.

Oh it makes sense. No doubting that. But to expect people to be anything other than pissed the first time a legacy benefit is taken away is just silly. It's easy to forget that TMs are people too.

Will it be a non-issue next year? Most likely. But let them be upset for a second.

Saturday nights in October have become almost unmanageable after like 8. Lines are too long to wait in and the streets are too crowded to stand in. Vacation morale plummeted massively lol probably the more important demo to uni. We’re trying to book our trip around a Thursday Friday this year. Glad uni is aware and making changes.

Already seeing tweets like "That's why they built Gate 2"--curious to see how well this is enforced.
I assume if you are a TM and you actually worked during the day and then just didn’t leave after your shift you’d get away with staying. If you have Gate 2 access but are just coming in in plain clothes with no scheduled shift, they may ask questions.

This certainly isn’t why that whole new area was built though lol.

Oh it makes sense. No doubting that. But to expect people to be anything other than pissed the first time a legacy benefit is taken away is just silly. It's easy to forget that TMs are people too.

Will it be a non-issue next year? Most likely. But let them be upset for a second.
I’ve been a TM in the past for HHN so I understand. I get the instant reaction, I just hope they come around and realize how lucky they are to even have the benefit on days off.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for the first time, TMs will be blocked out of some HHN days this year. October 11-27 dates. TMs will still have access to all other event dates.

It seems a little selfish if you ask me, especially considering they get ANY NIGHTS September 6 - October 10 plus their very own employee preview. Not to mention halloween and the last couple nights of the event. Seems like a lot of time if you ask me.

I counted the number of dates they miss and it's 12 that they're missing out on. But, they do get roughly 29 dates (not including TM previews). That seems like plenty.

I assume if you are a TM and you actually worked during the day and then just didn’t leave after your shift you’d get away with staying. If you have Gate 2 access but are just coming in in plain clothes with no scheduled shift, they may ask questions.

This certainly isn’t why that whole new area was built though lol.

I’ve been a TM in the past for HHN so I understand. I get the instant reaction, I just hope they come around and realize how lucky they are to even have the benefit on days off.

Yeah. No sympathy from me.
I can see why the TM are mad about this, it’s something they had for years and it just got taken away. Look at how mad people got last year when the free parking changed or this year when we talked about HHN getting rid of the FFPs.

I can see why the TM are mad about this, it’s something they had for years and it just got taken away. Look at how mad people got last year when the free parking changed or this year when we talked about HHN getting rid of the FFPs.
Good analogy. People get spoiled with what they’re used to and bitch and moan when it’s taken away from them.

Then they get used to it.

Hey experts,

What say you about the week of 9/24 and trying to hit those wed/Thursday HHNs?

Planning to use stay and scream.

Any predictions on crowds that last week of September? For midweek HHN?

I just wanted to mention that at times some scare zones really became a joke last year with TMs and performers spending significant amounts of time talking in large groups. I’m probably going to get lit up for saying this, but it was embarrassing. I thought Vamp was plagued by this. (I have no problem with someone stopping and saying hello to a friend etc ... I’m not talking about this!).

I can understand why an employee would be upset about a great perk being taken away, but after experiencing the above and some of the crowds last year it is a necessity.

They still have over a month’s access .... sorry but this just comes across as spoiled / entitled / whining.

If people quit so be it. Universal will find different way of attracting and / or compensating employees if necessary.

This “perk” (what some paying customers spend hundreds of dollars on) shouldn’t come at the expense of paying customers having a miserable experience. Good on Universal for listening.

I just wanted to mention that at times some scare zones really became a joke last year with TMs and performers spending significant amounts of time talking in large groups. I’m probably going to get lit up for saying this, but it was embarrassing. I thought Vamp was plagued by this. (I have no problem with someone stopping and saying hello to a friend etc ... I’m not talking about this!).

I can understand why an employee would be upset about a great perk being taken away, but after experiencing the above and some of the crowds last year it is a necessity.

They still have over a month’s access .... sorry but this just comes across as spoiled / entitled / whining.

If people quit so be it. Universal will find different way of attracting and / or compensating employees if necessary.

This “perk” (what some paying customers spend hundreds of dollars on) shouldn’t come at the expense of paying customers having a miserable experience. Good on Universal for listening.

I'm still absolutely stunned Orlando management allowed/encouraged this. No Hollywood supervisor worth their salt would let this go (ignoring the fact that Hollywood performers generally are no longer permitted to speak).

I'm still absolutely stunned Orlando management allowed/encouraged this. No Hollywood supervisor worth their salt would let this go (ignoring the fact that Hollywood performers generally are no longer permitted to speak).
Vamp 85 was really the worst last year. The cast didn’t even try to scare guests much of the time, just stand around and talk to each other.

Here here.

I don’t mean to be rude, but honestly vote with your feet if this is that big of an upset. Maybe that would lead to TMs finding jobs that actually pay decently.

Reactions: HHNSK